Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 06:58 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,775,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
Is this Seinfeld dialogue nonsense or am I just not getting it?

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/37b906d...5-08e4a7647738
Seinfeld Scripts - The Kiss Hello

I don't even understand what it means to "go all the way around" a road.
You search for a 3yr old thread to post this and you're from florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2019, 04:25 AM

6,359 posts, read 8,836,776 times
I started to read this thread on the first page, saw it was old, and yada yada yadaed my way to the last one.

Old 03-17-2019, 09:58 AM

1,486 posts, read 989,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiep83 View Post
that itself sounds like it could have been a seinfeld episode.
The have lots of funny episode that most people would understand unless the lived here. Such as when Elaine wanted to order Chinese takeout and they wouldn't deliver to her because she lived across the street from their delivery boundary so she went across the street and wanted to borrow someone's apartment to get the food. She eventually ended up going into a janitor closet to get the food and when the delivery person realized they took the food right back lol.....

But things like this people wouldn't understand unless they lived here back in the 90s because of course now Seamless Web/Grubhub and UberEats took care of that delivery boundary for most places but some still exist where they will only deliver within a 2 mile radius of their restaurant.

Old 03-17-2019, 12:12 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,320,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
manhattan is filled with no right/left turns during certain times and if you make that turn you will get a ticket

OK, thanks, that's the part I didn't know.

Wow, what a nightmarish city to live in.

Old 03-17-2019, 12:17 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,320,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullnyc View Post
You search for a 3yr old thread to post this and you're from florida

You're incorrect. It's better to revive an old thread rather than start a new one. This way the forum is less crowded (i.e. less like New York, i.e. better), and people get the benefit of seeing old discussions.

Old 03-17-2019, 12:28 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdomsDealer View Post
Have any of you taken the Kenny Kramer Seinfeld tour? I was thinking of doing it for $40 but I think the $$$ is just really to meet the real Kramer since everything else seems easily accessible. I keep going back and forth on if it's a waste of $$.

A Waste of money.

Old 03-18-2019, 11:39 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
The have lots of funny episode that most people would understand unless the lived here. Such as when Elaine wanted to order Chinese takeout and they wouldn't deliver to her because she lived across the street from their delivery boundary so she went across the street and wanted to borrow someone's apartment to get the food. She eventually ended up going into a janitor closet to get the food and when the delivery person realized they took the food right back lol.....

But things like this people wouldn't understand unless they lived here back in the 90s because of course now Seamless Web/Grubhub and UberEats took care of that delivery boundary for most places but some still exist where they will only deliver within a 2 mile radius of their restaurant.
Seinfeld was also one giant social laboratory for flushing out concepts and ideas. One major epiphany that came out of that show was Seinfeld's theory that 90% of the population is undateable

Old 03-19-2019, 06:55 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Rofl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City