Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 12:46 PM

6,689 posts, read 6,038,683 times

Advertisements

Why are the editors of the New York Daily News always writing about subjects - with an ulterior motive and an opinion, to steer people into believing that we have to be a divided nation? For instance, the editors prance at every topic that is race-related to create an exaggerated minorities against whites situation.

What they also do is jump at every gun-related death, to make it seem as if guns are a huge problem -regardless of the people and the nutjobs who are behind the triggers. It's like personal responsibility has nothing to do with gun-related deaths.

I find the paper to be run by elitist wanna-be manipulators who want others to believe - albeit for some unknown reason, that we have to be up in arms (no pun intended) against conservatives and certain other groups of people who are not the majority in New York City.

I know that Donald Trump has his issues, but doesn't Hillary - and even more so in some cases than Donald? Why does the paper hide her issues about Benghazi, but instead focuses on the so called racist problem of Donald Trump? Why doesn't the paper talk about her past issues with the massive incarceration that minorities went through under Bill Clinton?

For the record, I'm a political atheist, so I have no stake in calling out this paper's ulterior motive.

Oh and another thing - they have deleted the ability for others to comment - I guess other people's opinions became too much for them. Silence of the Lambs, anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 01:00 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,490,737 times
It's just the "liberal" version of the New York Post, I'm guessing

Old 07-31-2016, 01:12 PM

1,998 posts, read 1,883,309 times
Newspaper tend to focus on topics that sell. Journalistic integrity dead a long time ago. Now a days with the rise of the internet it has made it accessible for people to gravitate to whatever niche news outlet that panders to their views.

Old 07-31-2016, 01:14 PM

8,697 posts, read 11,087,873 times
I thought the NY Post and Huffington Post is way worse. Huffington Post regularly blast Trump. Actually..imo..Huffington is the most liberally biased sites I seen out there. NY Post regular target is DeBlasio.

Last edited by sirtiger; 07-31-2016 at 01:29 PM..

Old 07-31-2016, 01:37 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer23 View Post
Newspaper tend to focus on topics that sell. Journalistic integrity dead a long time ago. Now a days with the rise of the internet it has made it accessible for people to gravitate to whatever niche news outlet that panders to their views.
It if bleeds, it leads.

Salacious headlines grab more attention than analysis of current vs. historical GDP growth or why we should not double tax repatriated foreign earnings.

Old 07-31-2016, 01:57 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
I thought the NY Post and Huffington Post is way worse. Huffington Post regularly blast Trump. Actually..imo..Huffington is the most liberally biased sites I seen out there. NY Post regular target is DeBlasio.
I hate huff post.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:15 PM

8,697 posts, read 11,087,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I hate huff post.
Yeah it's pretty bad.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:23 PM

555 posts, read 617,707 times
agree on NYDN, they are so blatantly anti-trump that i can't even read their articles, and yes they also removed all the commenting.

strange decisions.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:38 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,089,639 times
They have Mike Lupica with his weekly column condemning the Republican Party of old white men. Which is funny since Lupica is an old white man who lives in a Connecticut town that is 1% black.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:44 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
They have Mike Lupica with his weekly column condemning the Republican Party of old white men. Which is funny since Lupica is an old white man who lives in a Connecticut town that is 1% black.
Aren't most of the strongest white bashers themselves (gasp).... white??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City