Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 12:07 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,702,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I know that. And again Neo Liberalism is DEAD with Trump's RISE to POWER.

Trump called Ford and got him to not move production of certain Ford vehicles to Mexico.
Neoliberalism or neconservatism as we know are not dead. This is simply an opinion based on the various peices you've been reading. The NY times article is also flawed as the right has its share also identity politics too with playing into the fears of many whites. also Many Neocons and liberals alike believe companies should move where it is cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I called it years ago, you know that. I was right then, right about the election and right now. It's so awesome lately reading all of the post-election analysis basically parroting everything I've said for 2-3 years. Love it.

Had she won you and others probably would be saying how everything was rigged and liberalism prevailed once more.

Last edited by Relaxx; 11-20-2016 at 12:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2016, 12:48 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,996,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Neoliberalism or neconservatism as we know are not dead. This is simply an opinion based on the various peices you've been reading. The NY times article is also flawed as the right has its share also identity politics too with playing into the fears of many whites. also Many Neocons and liberals alike believe companies should move where it is cheaper.

Had she won you and others probably would be saying how everything was rigged and liberalism prevailed once more.
But she did not win.

And yes neoliberalism is DEAD, and this isn't just based on Trump's rise to power in the US. The British voted to leave the European Union, and there are similar movements in other European countries.

Russia and China were never neoliberal (the Chinese happily allowed US companies to offshore work there, but they certainly protected their own markets and made sure they invested a lot of money into building up China). Brazil doesn't let companies sell stuff in Brazil unless it is assembled there.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:51 AM

23 posts, read 20,454 times
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/20/op...e=opinion&_r=0

I've been complaining about this for a long time! South Asians' treatment in the west is ridiculous! It's made worse because South Asians have a lot of Muslims (a SJW topic) and it is also mutiracial (Middle Easterners in the north-west, East Asians in the north-east), and cries of Islamophobia make it impossible to fight racism and problems about the community.

I've been arguing quite strongly that Pakistanis need to be reclassified as Middle Eastern for the sake of the rest of the South Asian community. In countries like Canada and the UK, Muslims have far higher birth rates than Hindus, meaning that in the youth, Pakistanis dominate racial organizations that they're to fit to represent; it's incredibly racist against the various Indian ethnic groups.

I think something needs to be done about the problem though. India itself is incredibly racist against non-majoirty ethnic groups (think about how English-Protestants dominate USA), so there's no guidebook for integrating all the ethnic groups in South Asia.

• Since Muslims have very high birth-rates, while non-Muslims have very low birth-rates, Pakistanis are dominating the "South Asian" label in the youth - particularly in Canada and the UK.
  • As India starts to populate the internet, and the youth are also living on the internet more and more, it's going to cause a racial problem.
  • The "progressive" movements are primarily concerned about Islamophobia and Middle Easterners, while non-Muslim South Asians tend to vote right-wing due to their higher levels of educational attainment.
All of this means that it's near-impossible to fight racism within these "communities". But it's a serious issue that someone somewhere needs to deal with.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:27 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,996,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racismissues View Post

I've been complaining about this for a long time! South Asians' treatment in the west is ridiculous! It's made worse because South Asians have a lot of Muslims (a SJW topic) and it is also mutiracial (Middle Easterners in the north-west, East Asians in the north-east), and cries of Islamophobia make it impossible to fight racism and problems about the community.

I've been arguing quite strongly that Pakistanis need to be reclassified as Middle Eastern for the sake of the rest of the South Asian community. In countries like Canada and the UK, Muslims have far higher birth rates than Hindus, meaning that in the youth, Pakistanis dominate racial organizations that they're to fit to represent; it's incredibly racist against the various Indian ethnic groups.

I think something needs to be done about the problem though. India itself is incredibly racist against non-majoirty ethnic groups (think about how English-Protestants dominate USA), so there's no guidebook for integrating all the ethnic groups in South Asia.

• Since Muslims have very high birth-rates, while non-Muslims have very low birth-rates, Pakistanis are dominating the "South Asian" label in the youth - particularly in Canada and the UK.
  • As India starts to populate the internet, and the youth are also living on the internet more and more, it's going to cause a racial problem.
  • The "progressive" movements are primarily concerned about Islamophobia and Middle Easterners, while non-Muslim South Asians tend to vote right-wing due to their higher levels of educational attainment.
All of this means that it's near-impossible to fight racism within these "communities". But it's a serious issue that someone somewhere needs to deal with.
Neither Trump supporters nor Brexit voters care about any of the above nonsense. Basically, you're claiming victimization as a Hindu because some organizations are mostly Muslim. Big deal, if you don't like that don't join those organizations. No one forces anyone to join any organization. If it matters much, create a Hindu organization.

Old 11-20-2016, 02:21 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,678,288 times
WOW.....Hillary had Black Lives Matter all over her back for statements she made 20 years ago! (misunderstood statements, might I add.....!). In response, she tries to shift to be, or at least look, more understanding, and now, she's called 'an identity politician', despite the fact that the Clintons are more faaaaar to the right than a George McGovern or Ted Kennedy were!

Talk about dammed if you do, damned if you don't!

Old 11-20-2016, 05:13 AM

19,059 posts, read 13,989,020 times
Quote:
She didn't. Get used to it.

There's no such thing as "IF" except in the minds of those who were wrong. My theory was correct and I've beenpushing it for 2-3 years. I had little doubt in my mind that he could lose absent the media's full bore push against him. That failed too.

Old 11-20-2016, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racismissues View Post

Are you serious? This is an issue for South Asians to solve among themselves and not anyone else...and I have a feeling you have some hatred for muslims.

Ethnic tension is just what happens when different groups come into contact with one another...even among Europeans so they're no exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
WOW.....Hillary had Black Lives Matter all over her back for statements she made 20 years ago! (misunderstood statements, might I add.....!). In response, she tries to shift to be, or at least look, more understanding, and now, she's called 'an identity politician', despite the fact that the Clintons are more faaaaar to the right than a George McGovern or Ted Kennedy were!

Talk about dammed if you do, damned if you don't!
Whether Trump is truly conservative is certainly questionable, which i don't think so, but if you listen to her speeches she was far more to the right than him.

Last edited by Relaxx; 11-20-2016 at 08:02 AM..

Old 11-20-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
But she did not win.

And yes neoliberalism is DEAD, and this isn't just based on Trump's rise to power in the US. The British voted to leave the European Union, and there are similar movements in other European countries.

Russia and China were never neoliberal (the Chinese happily allowed US companies to offshore work there, but they certainly protected their own markets and made sure they invested a lot of money into building up China). Brazil doesn't let companies sell stuff in Brazil unless it is assembled there.
I know she won.

and of course the writings on the wall are clear...rightwing neo facism is coming.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:50 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,323,819 times
Quote:
I know she won.

and of course the writings on the wall are clear...rightwing neo facism is coming.
Or not. You'll have to wait and see. So far the global markets do not appear to believe that will be the case.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Or not. You'll have to wait and see. So far the global markets do not appear to believe that will be the case.
Maybe...it is POSSIBLE. People said Trump couldn't win right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City