Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 02:31 PM

35 posts, read 100,808 times

Advertisements

Has anyone applied for the NY Housing Lottery for Webster Commons A & B in the Bronx? If so how has your experience been with the Wavecrest Management Company? Have you gone for an interview? What happened during the interview? They are asking for a child support notarized letter, where would someone get that? What should it say on it if it is something I have to write up myself? Does the management company have access to databases that can search to see if u have income from child support? Is there even such a thing as I described? (A database or search engine that agencies can use to see if a potential tenant receives child support)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 08:43 PM

44 posts, read 243,954 times
it depends on what YOU tell them. if you told them that you are getting child support, you have to bring in the letter stating how much the absent parent has to give you. I actually have an open child support case, but i didnt tell them that because for one, i dont get anything even though im entitled to, and 2. i didnt want them adding up money i dont receive anyway, and there is no way to prove im not getting any money other than a huge run around, so i omitted that. I dont consider it a big deal beings that im NOT getting anything even though im suppose to. other than SSI and maybe other things you can find on public record, if you dont tell them, they wont look cause they wont assume your getting anything.

@curiousk28

Last edited by jcordero1423; 05-27-2015 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: needed to tag person replying to

Old 06-03-2015, 10:44 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info./reply. I went to an interview about 2 weeks ago and am now just waiting to hear back from them on if I officially got approved. They said they will contact me in 6-8 weeks either way if it's a go or not. Hopefully it's a go lol. During the interview the young lady that worked with me just had me sign a bunch of forms in a big packet and looked at all my documents as I gave them to her and that's about it. I couldn't read if it was all good or not from her demeanor. I'm guessing it's so far so good since she didn't say anything lol. Idk I shall see.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:59 AM

151 posts, read 246,471 times
Hi, I have a question. I put on my application that I get child support but it is not court ordered. My son's dad just gives me $100 cash twice a month. How can I prove that or am I in trouble here?

Old 06-11-2015, 06:14 PM

44 posts, read 243,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina143 View Post
Hi, I have a question. I put on my application that I get child support but it is not court ordered. My son's dad just gives me $100 cash twice a month. How can I prove that or am I in trouble here?
no hun, its ok. they would most likely just have you fill an affidavit form if it isn't court ordered or something notarized. long as your still within income, your fine.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:47 PM

Yup, what jcordero1423 said is exactly what will happen. There is an affidavit form in the big packet they have you sign at the interview. Also, before you go to your interview, there is a list of documentation they tell you that you should bring with you. A notarized child support letter is on that list.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:56 AM

151 posts, read 246,471 times
Oh thank guys! I just saw your replies! Whew, I was scared. I had started depositing it just in case they ask to see some sort of paper trail, which is a bit annoying. I feel better now.

Old 08-14-2015, 04:59 PM

4 posts, read 17,670 times
did anyone get approved for these apartments?

Old 08-19-2015, 05:57 PM

30 posts, read 71,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousK28 View Post
Thanks for the info./reply. I went to an interview about 2 weeks ago and am now just waiting to hear back from them on if I officially got approved. They said they will contact me in 6-8 weeks either way if it's a go or not. Hopefully it's a go lol. During the interview the young lady that worked with me just had me sign a bunch of forms in a big packet and looked at all my documents as I gave them to her and that's about it. I couldn't read if it was all good or not from her demeanor. I'm guessing it's so far so good since she didn't say anything lol. Idk I shall see.
Im not being considered for these particular apartments but I got chosen for a different lottery with wavecrest and experienced the same thing. (going to interview, submitting documents, being told about 6-8 weeks wait.)

Have you heard anything back yet?
Please let me know the rest of the process

Old 08-20-2015, 01:01 AM

1 posts, read 10,003 times
they just ran my credit at the beginning of the week them someone contacted me telling me I had 5 days to send in paperwork. my questionis how long do u have to wait for an interview after that and what do they ask?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery