Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 10:34 PM

21 posts, read 39,240 times

Advertisements

Oh and they run your credit before you even interview. As soon as they get the money order and Credit authorization they will run it. If you don't pass the credit check you don't interview. I got the alert from Experian that I had a rental inquiry done while I was still in the waiting room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 11:45 PM

250 posts, read 378,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeteeB23 View Post
Oh and they run your credit before you even interview. As soon as they get the money order and Credit authorization they will run it. If you don't pass the credit check you don't interview. I got the alert from Experian that I had a rental inquiry done while I was still in the waiting room.
Thanks for the info. I'm still hopeful because I have community preference and there are a lot of apartments in my range. I hope you get off the wait and get the apartment.

Old 03-21-2017, 02:16 AM

151 posts, read 154,559 times
Quote:

I don't know how accurate this is considering they can't refuse you just based on credit score alone. If you're invited to interview - you should interview, period.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:54 AM

110 posts, read 160,316 times
For me I was interviewed first and then they ran my credit. I was denied because of having collections and late payments. So I paid of the debt and then appealed. It's not the credit score that's getting you denied it's the amount of money you owe and your history of paying bills. So basically it's what's on your credit report. And they can deny you for that.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFoster4789 View Post
For me I was interviewed first and then they ran my credit. I was denied because of having collections and late payments. So I paid of the debt and then appealed. It's not the credit score that's getting you denied it's the amount of money you owe and your history of paying bills. So basically it's what's on your credit report. And they can deny you for that.
How did you write your appeal? My friends just got called for this and got denied. She has the same problem as you. Can you help?

Old 03-21-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yari_bella View Post
How did you write your appeal? My friends just got called for this and got denied. She has the same problem as you. Can you help?
I sent you a private message of my appeal.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:20 AM

Sample appeal:

To Whom It May Concern,
I was rejected from the process due to me having a low credit score/having too many accounts in collections. I am currently working on my credit and resolving some of the debt on my credit report. Most of the discrepancies on my credit report are from student loans which I should not be penalized for. I am fully employed and have always paid my rent on time and I am confident that my credit history/low credit score will not influence me being a good tenant at (building name) and paying my rent on time. Additionally, I’ve done research and see that the new HPD guidelines don’t allow candidates to be rejected due to credit history/credit score. I’m including a copy of my credit report so it can be reviewed again.

Just add your own issues into it and make sure you SELL YOURSELF

Old 03-21-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFoster4789 View Post
Sample appeal:

To Whom It May Concern,
I was rejected from the process due to me having a low credit score/having too many accounts in collections. I am currently working on my credit and resolving some of the debt on my credit report. Most of the discrepancies on my credit report are from student loans which I should not be penalized for. I am fully employed and have always paid my rent on time and I am confident that my credit history/low credit score will not influence me being a good tenant at (building name) and paying my rent on time. Additionally, I’ve done research and see that the new HPD guidelines don’t allow candidates to be rejected due to credit history/credit score. I’m including a copy of my credit report so it can be reviewed again.

Just add your own issues into it and make sure you SELL YOURSELF

Got it thanks so much !!!

Old 03-21-2017, 09:16 AM

21 posts, read 39,240 times
I asked about them running the credit, they said a lot of people are being disqualified due to credit so to eliminate them doing more work they are running the credit first.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
I asked about them running the credit, they said a lot of people are being disqualified due to credit so to eliminate them doing more work they are running the credit first.
That makes a lot of sense. Because I went thru a whole interview to be denied the next day. That was in February so I guess they realized after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery