Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 08:09 PM

2,465 posts, read 2,761,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizfromtheBronx View Post
God, I wish it would hurry up. Both bridges are more of a nightmare than usual on weekends. I started taking the TriBoro again when I go to my mom's on Sundays because it would take me an hour to get over the Whitestone.
Have you seen FB posts about the TN Expressway entrance? 45 minutes to get into Locist Point from the overpass. I'd lose my damn mind. I think it's supposed to be finished in December.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 03:35 AM

106,608 posts, read 108,757,383 times
Quote:
God, I wish it would hurry up. Both bridges are more of a nightmare than usual on weekends. I started taking the TriBoro again when I go to my mom's on Sundays because it would take me an hour to get over the Whitestone.
i have not seen lines like this at the whitestone and tn since the 1990's pre ez-pass. they destroyed travel this summer .

Old 08-25-2017, 07:56 AM

1,602 posts, read 1,914,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
Have you seen FB posts about the TN Expressway entrance? 45 minutes to get into Locist Point from the overpass. I'd lose my damn mind. I think it's supposed to be finished in December.
Oh ****! Isn't that entrance to the TN closed on weekends? Assuming you're talking about the overpass by the gas station.

Even though I'm much closer to the TriBoro, when I first moved to Astoria, I decided that I preferred the Whitestone. I haven't taken it to the Bronx on a Sunday in months. It's not as bad as it was going home (but even then, at 9pm on a Sunday evening, it could sometimes take me an hour to get over the bridge).

Old 08-25-2017, 09:44 AM

2,465 posts, read 2,761,261 times
Quote:
Oh ****! Isn't that entrance to the TN closed on weekends? Assuming you're talking about the overpass by the gas station.

Even though I'm much closer to the TriBoro, when I first moved to Astoria, I decided that I preferred the Whitestone. I haven't taken it to the Bronx on a Sunday in months. It's not as bad as it was going home (but even then, at 9pm on a Sunday evening, it could sometimes take me an hour to get over the bridge).
Yup, they've been opening it up to "help traffic flow" M-F during the hours it's normally closed. Um, no not really.

I have a cousin in Fresh Meadows and I routinely take the Whitestone even though the TN route is faster (on an average ) when I go for a visit. And despite the fact the TN leaves me a couple blocks from "home" when going to my parents'. The TN just sucks in general imo.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:39 AM

1,602 posts, read 1,914,233 times
I usually only take the TN when I'm coming from Long Island, otherwise it's out of the way. So sucky.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:39 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,713,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourn traveller View Post
I recently drove past the Whitestone Bridge tolls, and there were four (!) ez-pass lanes to my left with the gates down...all said "low balance". What a back-up! These cashless tolls are better, IMHO.
those are problems from old tags, the new ones are better

Old 08-26-2017, 12:42 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,713,229 times
Quote:
You're in for a rude awakening because when the toll plaza gets removed the traffic will be WORSE. With the toll booths you have easy escape lanes through EZ-Pass only, even if you have to slow down a little. Without the EZPass-only lanes the stupid crowd is free to clog up ALL lanes. That's what happened at the Triboro, now the bad drivers infected the whole span and you're jammed the whole way through

Old 08-26-2017, 01:10 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,026,378 times
Hah. I did that soon after I moved here. My girlfriend was super late getting ready to go to LaGuardia (as per usual), so I said **** it and drove in the EZ pass lane, assuming that I would get a toll by mail (which happened once in MA). Nope, the stupid gate blocked me.

(Don't worry, I got an EZ pass within the next month or so.)

Old 08-26-2017, 02:25 PM

88,527 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averysgore View Post
Hah. I did that soon after I moved here. My girlfriend was super late getting ready to go to LaGuardia (as per usual), so I said **** it and drove in the EZ pass lane, assuming that I would get a toll by mail (which happened once in MA). Nope, the stupid gate blocked me.

(Don't worry, I got an EZ pass within the next month or so.)
Lmao, you are exactly the person that the OP started the thread over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City