Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2023, 06:21 AM

108 posts, read 103,686 times

Advertisements

Typical city data racist. Nothing new to see here. This forum should be taken offline for allowing this racist cesspool of people. The world would be better off, with you laying in a bed full of dirt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2023, 09:57 AM

427 posts, read 155,174 times

Old 02-20-2023, 01:22 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
What location is going to want to take in all those poor people at once?
The free market is the answer. Why should poor people of whatever race occupy the most valuable real estate in the world?

Old 02-20-2023, 01:57 PM

5,831 posts, read 2,950,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The free market is the answer. Why should poor people of whatever race occupy the most valuable real estate in the world?
Exactly

Old 02-20-2023, 02:00 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,906,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
400,000 people live in public housing you think they will move? Nope.
You ain't seen nothing yet! Our closed and secure border withstanding. Wink! Wink!

Old 02-20-2023, 02:12 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,834,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melle7790 View Post
This entire comment is predjudice and borderline racist. Yuppies do not make NYC safe and gentrified neighborhoods only make NYC "look safer". I've lived in NYC my entire life and I am black who lives in public housing. And my neighborhood is 100% gentrified and there's no difference really besides nicer stores. More expensive food. As for fashion, it is obvious you're not a native New Yorker. New York was built on difference and prides itself on such. Also, stop assuming poor people are slobs this is not true at all. I know many yuppies who don't care about themselves. Nyc is also a food hub. Just because someone is poor doesn't mean their fat. I myself work on the regular and I know many poor folk who take care of ourselves. Also the term "hood" has a different meaning here. Again we can see you're not from here. Hood means more than what you described. I think you should do your research before claiming you know about NYC from your visits. You need to live here before you can comment on our poor or our people of color. Also not everyone in public housing is poor. Especially not in my neighborhood. I see many people who live here who aren't, myself included. You're welcome to your opinion, but I hope for your sake you don't meet the "wrong New Yorker" who won't be so nice as I am when hearing ignorant crap like this.
Why do you continue to live in public housing if you have the means to support yourself?

It sounds like taxpayers are funding your lifestyle unnecessarily.

Lots of people on the streets who are poor and need the public housing you are unfairly occupying.

OOPS! Just noticed this post is from 2017.

Old 02-20-2023, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingelz83 View Post
Typical city data racist. Nothing new to see here. This forum should be taken offline for allowing this racist cesspool of people. The world would be better off, with you laying in a bed full of dirt.
Have a nice day!

Old 02-20-2023, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Agreed! For decades I wondered why a huge government housing project allowed poor people (and criminals) to live adjacent to Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco, while the majority of the productive people in that city could not afford to live anywhere near that area.

Old 02-20-2023, 05:48 PM

50,379 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Agreed! For decades I wondered why a huge government housing project allowed poor people (and criminals) to live adjacent to Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco, while the majority of the productive people in that city could not afford to live anywhere near that area.
The thing is, as I said earlier. The hardworking folks who work in Savannah's bars, restaurants and hotels, should be able to live near where they work. This is not what is happening. They are probably considered middle, not low, income, but can’t afford $2000k for a studio apartment.

Old 02-20-2023, 05:58 PM

427 posts, read 155,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
The hardworking folks who work in Savannah's bars, restaurants and hotels, should be able to live near where they work.
Says who, the housing fairy? They may work hard but the jobs they work don't pay well (because almost anyone can do them with no education or training). It's not the government's job to ensure they don't have to take a bus to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City