Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 07:20 AM

4,031 posts, read 3,640,995 times

Advertisements

I have no idea of what any of you are talking about. My experience with women in NYC has been great. There's so much diversity that I don't see how you couldn't find a suitable person to date. I'd argue that it's easier to find women to date in NYC than it would be in many other places. NYC women are a lot more approachable than women in NJ, for example. That said, NYC is filled with transplants so I'm not even sure it's fair to generalize a place full of people from all over the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 01:27 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,933 times
It seems that both sexes in NYC are unaware of the impressions that they make on each other. It might be worth examining your own behaviors towards the opposite sex if you are continuously running into the same type of people. What you think that you are putting out there may not be how it is perceived.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:31 PM

343 posts, read 254,653 times
I am unsure why I am not connecting with women here. I believe it mostly boils down to not finding the right opportunities to connect like in groups. I am tall and athletic and Ive always attracted slim women with relative ease and I am glad to strike up conversations with women and the more attractive they are the better. But in NYC they just scowl and turn their heads and go out of their way to close themselves off from being approached.

Its probably because they get such an abusurd amount of attention online that they no longer need to be pleasant and cute in public.

In the past few months I have done three impromptu coffee dates from asking girls out in real life. All three girls were very cold and unfriendly and not open to sharing anything about themselves. Maybe they were all on anti-depressant because they seemed lifeless. I could see in their eyes they looked like I was the one millionth guy they had been out with.

Online dating has been brutal for me. Are you kidding? I dont even know where to begin. I guess my photos are not the best. For men, it must require getting a professional photographer. So, so far I have got several numbers, from slim women, but no responses past that. They just stop communicating. I have no dates yet. They get so many guys contacting them its overload. The most frustrating thing about online dating is that the women are dating as many guys as they want but they actually think its the same way for all the guys. Im certainly not getting hundreds of women texting me every day asking whats up!

Old 06-01-2017, 05:32 PM

245 posts, read 197,707 times
If you get approached by about 20-30 men a day you might not be as perceptive. If someone approaches me when I'm on the street 9 times out of 10 I will be instantly irritated unless they are insanely attractive or something.
If I'm approached in the gym, at the bar, or some kind of event I almost always will take time to engage in a conversation.
Plus, a lot of guys are creepy. I've been followed home countless times. Just yesterday I was walking home and a guy tried to talk to me. When I didn't respond to him he had his two large pitbulls surround me and gave me the scariest lecture on why I shouldn't ignore people. WTF there really are a lot of crazy men in the city.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:05 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky91 View Post
If you get approached by about 20-30 men a day you might not be as perceptive. If someone approaches me when I'm on the street 9 times out of 10 I will be instantly irritated unless they are insanely attractive or something.
If I'm approached in the gym, at the bar, or some kind of event I almost always will take time to engage in a conversation.
Plus, a lot of guys are creepy. I've been followed home countless times. Just yesterday I was walking home and a guy tried to talk to me. When I didn't respond to him he had his two large pitbulls surround me and gave me the scariest lecture on why I shouldn't ignore people. WTF there really are a lot of crazy men in the city.
This person proves my point high lighted in bold. If you are not good looking, she will not take the time to look at you. Like men, physical attraction matters to women here in NYC. Even though its not lady like, women are supposed to intuition to be with a man. But whatever floats ladies boat around here.

Old 06-01-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This person proves my point high lighted in bold. If you are not good looking, she will not take the time to look at you. Like men, physical attraction matters to women here in NYC. Even though its not lady like, women are supposed to intuition to be with a man. But whatever floats ladies boat around here.
Humans naturally look at very attractive people not sure why you think women anywhere are different. Its the same in other countries as well. However, if your American some women will overlook that.
Your having a crappy day and don't wont to talk to anyone you just might take the time if a super hot girl stops you.
Now someones definition of attractive is usually based on how attractive they are (and other factors).

Old 06-01-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky91 View Post
Humans naturally look at very attractive people not sure why you think women anywhere are different. Its the same in other countries as well. However, if your American some women will overlook that.
Your having a crappy day and don't wont to talk to anyone you just might take the time if a super hot girl stops you.
Now someones definition of attractive is usually based on how attractive they are (and other factors).

You generalize too much. Plenty of women these days want to be desired, not by any man, but a man that they find attractive. This is all possible thanks to media. Overall looks do matter to woman, in matter of fact looks are more important for women than it is for men. I think some guy I know did a survey, I will pull up the data. Women here wont admit, but physical attraction was the most important criteria for women here. Than comes chemistry, and compatibility came in 4th place. I had to laugh at the data because no wonder so many women here cant marry or have anything long-term.

Old 06-01-2017, 09:14 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,007,010 times
Some of you men are tripping. If you can't bag several women in NYC, something is wrong with you. Most women don't like men talking them up on the street, trains and other public places but there are other venues to meet them without making them feel uncomfortable. I'm an average looking black male and I couldn't tell when was the last time I've had to be first to chat up a woman here . You have so many single, good-looking, educated females out there who are struggling to find a man.

I disagree with Bronxguyanese that you have to be extremely goodlooking or loaded to bag women here. The options here are endless -- take your pick from the hood chicks to the educated women. Some of us men get angry because we expect every woman to like us. Guys in NYC have the power but they don't know it. There are so many desperate single women at my job and in my profession that I know that some have to be sharing men. Even when you're upfront and tell these women that you're in a committed relationship, some of them don't care.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Some of you men are tripping. If you can't bag several women in NYC, something is wrong with you. Most women don't like men talking them up on the street, trains and other public places but there are other venues to meet them without making them feel uncomfortable. I'm an average looking black male and I couldn't tell when was the last time I've had to be first to chat up a woman here . You have so many single, good-looking, educated females out there who are struggling to find a man.

I disagree with Bronxguyanese that you have to be extremely goodlooking or loaded to bag women here. The options here are endless -- take your pick from the hood chicks to the educated women. Some of us men get angry because we expect every woman to like us. Guys in NYC have the power but they don't know it. There are so many desperate single women at my job and in my profession that I know that some have to be sharing men. Even when you're upfront and tell these women that you're in a committed relationship, some of them don't care.
It depends. NYC has different type of mental archetype women. Nothing wrong with this. Some women may like a man that is genuine and like him for what he is. That is some women and not all and women like such are the best women to get in NYC, but they are in the minority. Than you have some women that needs a man that she catches her eye, these women are very visual like us men. Nothing wrong with this and that's nature. As for guys hold the power? Yes guys hold the power if he is top tier, or if your an average guy and in a relationship. I should know because last year I was in an relationship and being in an relationship gave me much more easy access to other women. Yes man sharing in NYC is real. A book that talks about professional women who have to share men in NYC and DC. Man sharing is sad because it really demoralizes and jades professional women over time because the man wont commit. In the book, it talks about a transplant guy who never got laid back home, but when he moved to NYC, he started to getting it in thanks to his profession. Sad part is that he advised his sister not to move to NYC because he did not want his sister to be like the women he sleeps with. And yes transplant women become very jaded due to not finding that one, or being forced to settle down.

Old 06-02-2017, 01:47 AM

I don't understand I grew up here and haven't had any of the dating issues people complain about. Maybe, mostly for transplants. Its simply not that hard to find someone. There are so many people in the city. When I was looking for a relationship I found it. Now that I don't want a relationship dating is a ten times easier.
However, my experience as a native NY is a lot different than a transplant.
Most of my male friends and family members are juggling multiple women. So it can't really be that hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City