Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will DeBlasio get a 2nd term ??
Yes 44 49.44%
No 31 34.83%
Depends 14 15.73%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 06:56 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
You mean the other woman...

It's time everyone got familiar with her and started promoting her campaign.

Her name is Nicole Malliotakis (nicolemalliotakis.com)

EVERYBODY GET LAWN SIGNS AND APARTMENT BANNERS & POSTERS

Malliotakis 2017 for Mayor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If she's plays her cards right, she can win. If she's a trump psycho or right wing bible thumping nutjob, she'll lose.

She needs to concentrate on crime, homeless, and infrastructure.

She needs to be like Kim Guadagno of nyc.

I hope de blasio loses. My taxes just went up and I see the city going the way of the 80s. He has the nerve to have the city pay for his legal while he protests in germany. A cop just got assassinated!

People who voted for this guy are just as bad as trump voters. Preet should concentrated on putting this guy in jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 08:30 PM

329 posts, read 299,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
If she's plays her cards right, she can win. If she's a trump psycho or right wing bible thumping nutjob, she'll lose.

She needs to concentrate on crime, homeless, and infrastructure.

She needs to be like Kim Guadagno of nyc.

I hope de blasio loses. My taxes just went up and I see the city going the way of the 80s. He has the nerve to have the city pay for his legal while he protests in germany. A cop just got assassinated!

People who voted for this guy are just as bad as trump voters. Preet should concentrated on putting this guy in jail.
She will lose, she is a Trumpie

Old 07-07-2017, 08:32 PM

329 posts, read 299,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Bo Dietl has a better chance of being mayor than her and that's never going to happen. A Republican with zero name recognition outside of Bay Ridge, if that, is not going to become NYC mayor.
Sad but true

Old 07-07-2017, 09:04 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
I want him to lose almost as much as I wanted Hillary to lose and I won that bet (steak dinner).

Old 07-08-2017, 06:28 AM

989 posts, read 1,876,459 times
Bill DeBlasio is a major league embarrassment. Unfortunately, he's likely to coast to re-election since there is no strong opposition candidate to challenge him.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:39 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
De Blasio scores best job-approval rating of term, Quinnipiac poll finds | am New York

“Remember all those news stories about how Mayor Bill de Blasio was in political trouble? Well, he ain’t,†said Quinnipiac pollster Maurice Carroll.
The new poll showed that de Blasio, a Democrat elected in 2013, would defeat two front-runners for the Republican nomination for mayor: real estate executive Paul Massey and State Assemb. Nicole Malliotakis, of Staten Island.
De Blasio would beat Massey 63 to 21 percent and Malliotakis by 64 to 21 percent, Quinnipiac said. Four of five voters said they didn’t know enough about either Republican to form an opinion."

There is lots to find fault with De Blasio on but he has little control over the subways and most people realize that.

As of right now it looks like he will be a shoo in.
If those poll numbers are accurate you can see why DB has no issue ditching the city to run to Germany to "protest." He has poll numbers to burn. He doesn't care what the MSM writes about him locally. His base HATES cops so when he blows off an NYPD swearing in ceremony, the wake of a slain cop and possibly her funeral it actually energizes and excites his base. He continues to throw billions of dollars at issues that are causing the budget to swell to epic proportions. But, those budget shortfalls will become the next mayor's problem after DB is term limited out. The man is a scum bag as a human being but a brilliant liberal politician. He has the tax, fee and spend mantra down and panders to a poor, uneducated minority base that wants their welfare perks.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:41 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I want him to lose almost as much as I wanted Hillary to lose and I won that bet (steak dinner).
Are you going to campaign for Nicole?
My Father introduced us years ago when she was running for city council. Nice young lady. She has really come a long way in a relative short period of time.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:52 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Being mayor is where one starts a political career, not ends. Going from a US senator, to secretary of state, and twice POTUS contender to merely a mayor of even a city grand as NYC is reaching for rather low fruit. While HC probably could win, IMHO running for the office would seem demeaning. It would also reinforce that HC will pick up any political office out of the dirt.

If the Clintons had any balls Hillary would run next year against Andrew Cuomo for governor. Now that would be something , and if won an office where HC could really prove herself and do some good.

All in all HC in hindsight never should have quit her NYS senate seat; some people just don't know when they are better off. Chances are good given the state of New York voters she would have been re-elected over again. I mean you never hear much from the Gillibrand woman unless there is some sort of woman's issue she wants to speak about. Well that and lately dropping the F-bomb.
Or she could simply retire and just give speeches. Hillary became senator only because she wanted to use that to run for President. But she was just a poor campaigner. She is over politically.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:58 AM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Are you going to campaign for Nicole?
My Father introduced us years ago when she was running for city council. Nice young lady. She has really come a long way in a relative short period of time.
I wish I could. We're barred from most election activities.

Old 07-08-2017, 09:59 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Bo Dietl has a better chance of being mayor than her and that's never going to happen. A Republican with zero name recognition outside of Bay Ridge, if that, is not going to become NYC mayor.
Shes personable and likeable, we can easily build her up and everyone will get on board because of the disgust with deBozo. I agree the last name won't do her any favors, but the campaign line is simple:

Make history, elect the first female mayor,
VOTE FOR NICOLE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City