Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2017, 08:44 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,064,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
If it's right, it's right.
I don't think one need wait so long to progress in a relationship.
Sometimes if you wait too long, you lose the momentum.
The other woman was a huge liar, and too insecure. Did you meet your husband via matchmaking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 10:14 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,372,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
Fairer sex?!?! lol....c'mon now, most women won't date men who are below a certain height EVEN when they are shorter than the guy! Then they have the audacity to call us on wanting slim/trim women
That has some truth to it. They want tall, dark, and handsome as well as loaded with cash. Not all females are like this but I do notice that they do want number 1 you be at least 6 ft and number 2, you need to earn a really good salary.

Old 10-29-2017, 10:28 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,603,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The other woman was a huge liar, and too insecure. Did you meet your husband via matchmaking?
Oh, so good you got out of those relationships.

Again: why do you keep asking if I met my husband via matchmaking? (the answer is NO by the way)
It seems such a random question, and you keep repeating it. Why?

Old 10-29-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
It's not due to the fact that NYC has many individuals of varying degrees. Dating (aka mating) is hard in NYC because NYC pushes women to select mates from a purer Darwinian perspective than other parts of the country. If you or I were a woman, why would I go for an average male or a loser knowing that it will bring plenty of hardship in NYC. Especially when it comes to raising children.

Most individuals would like to thrive. Can we agree on that? Therefore, from a purely biological/Darwinian perspective, wouldn't you expect women to select "mates" in order to give themselves the best chance at thriving in a city like NYC? Furthermore, NYC does have a substantial amount of men who are thriving so what woman in her right mind, would not try to choose such a mate (at least initially)?

There is also another factor and it's the fact that many women are in better financial shape then they were in any previous time in American history. Firstly, if I'm a women in a good financial position with good career prospects, why would I even pick a mate that is at least not on the same level (for the most part that is what is occurring; people marry within the same socio-economic circles)? Secondly, many women do not feel as if they have to rush into marriage in order to live independently.

The way in which mating is playing out in NYC is very predictable. There's nothing extraordinary about it. NYC demands a certain amount of resources in order to live comfortably/ successfully and biology tells us that most women will try to seek out mates with those resources.
Not to be rude. But from your post, you sound like a real big time simp. Don't be offended and their is nothing wrong with being a simp. But what it sounds like here is that a woman must meet her equal, but at the same time a man must pay his way to be with a woman so that she can be financially sound. But yes, marriage is very high amongst educated people which is true and data backs up that claim. Women do not feel the rush to marry due to being married to their job, and this is mainly in urban areas of America. Outside of liberal inner city hip urban white America, marriage is very common, however not as successful compared to marriage of educated people in inner city hip urban white America. But I do agree, mating is very predictable here in NYC. Tall 6 foot 2, working for a firm, top college educated, living in a great neighborhood. A man like that will have a bunch of women landing on his feet. I actually known guys as such. I also known a guy, (Transplant) who did not want to move back home in white America, because he would not get any women. At his age, most of the women are married up. If not married up, the women divorced with kids. The age range is late 20s and early 30s where in his neck of the woods, women are taken or divorced, while in NYC, large portion of women in hip areas are still single at that age bracket and childless.

My current Gf is a masters degree holder, while my Ex was a grad from Stanford. All I have is a BS from CUNY.

Old 10-29-2017, 11:54 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,603,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Not to be rude. But from your post, you sound like a real big time simp. Don't be offended and their is nothing wrong with being a simp. But what it sounds like here is that a woman must meet her equal, but at the same time a man must pay his way to be with a woman so that she can be financially sound. But yes, marriage is very high amongst educated people which is true and data backs up that claim. Women do not feel the rush to marry due to being married to their job, and this is mainly in urban areas of America. Outside of liberal inner city hip urban white America, marriage is very common, however not as successful compared to marriage of educated people in inner city hip urban white America. But I do agree, mating is very predictable here in NYC. Tall 6 foot 2, working for a firm, top college educated, living in a great neighborhood. A man like that will have a bunch of women landing on his feet. CUNY.
I actually don't agree that any tall man working for a firm and college educated will have women landing at his feet.

He will also need to be:

Attractive
Sexy
Personable/good personality
Emotionally available, emotionally attentive

Women are looking for this at least as much as they are looking for "tall" and "college educated"

I'd rather marry a blue collar guy who is kind-hearted, attractive, and attentive over simply a "tall college-educated" guy any day.

Old 10-29-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
I actually don't agree that any tall man working for a firm and college educated will have women landing at his feet.

He will also need to be:

Attractive
Sexy
Personable/good personality
Emotionally available, emotionally attentive

Women are looking for this at least as much as they are looking for "tall" and "college educated"

I'd rather marry a blue collar guy who is kind-hearted, attractive, and attentive over simply a "tall college-educated" guy any day.
Of course a sense of personality is also key. Personality goes along way and helps create chemistry. I agree with you Soshanarose.

Old 10-29-2017, 04:21 PM

120 posts, read 186,614 times
Quote:

Again: why do you keep asking if I met my husband via matchmaking? (the answer is NO by the way)
Because you are Jewish and he saw Fiddler on the Roof.

Old 10-29-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie216 View Post
Because you are Jewish and he saw Fiddler on the Roof.
You got it. Most Jewish people I know found thier wives and husbands through matchmaking and networking.

Old 10-29-2017, 04:54 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,437,968 times
Quote:

On this subject, Bronxguyanese is pretty narrow minded. That's all.

Old 10-29-2017, 05:02 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,499,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
On this subject, Bronxguyanese is pretty narrow minded. That's all.
And other subjects
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City