Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 07:37 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerezz7 View Post
Theres a no smoking rule in the affordable housing that I just moved in in brooklyn. I heard all the new affordable housing have a no smoking rule even in your own apartment

My question is does anyone smoke in there own affordable housing apartments regardless of the no smoking rule? If so how do you get away with it? Im talking about both weed and cigarettes. I would hate having to risk smoking weed outside

Another thing My building recently sent a email to everyone on my floor that residents complained that someone was smoking on my floor and that the hallways smelled like weed or cigarettes. It was basically a warning email to everyone on my floor reminding them that its no smoking and that they came to my floor and smelled it. They dont know who its and where it was coming from

How can they really enforce this rule and find out who it is? There is 30 apartments on my floor. The building has 15 floors and 500 apartments altogether.

I also found this link too https://www.emsl.com/News.aspx?newsid=1594

Does anyone know if affordable housing apartments use that kit? can it detect weed? Would it be able to detect a vape pen? Please let me know

I cant blow the smoke out the window cause my building has balconies and my window faces other residents windows

I got this apartment from nyc housing connect

There is a reason all signed up for an apartment where no smoking is allowed. I remember an apartment
so foul that all tenants complained. Upon apartment inspection they had to remove the resident to disinfect,
and repaint :and yes he was billed for it. Think about how expensive this is going to get for you.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 09:56 PM

494 posts, read 558,004 times
Why risk it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: