Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 06:23 PM

69 posts, read 78,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Naw bro....read it again. I'm dealing with a neighbor who is like you. I'm not smoking in my apartment. I'm getting it in my apartment. I don't smoke in my apartment. Its a smoke free building! If I wanna smoke, I take my ass outside whether its 10 degrees or 100 degrees.

You know I’m talking about weed right? If it was legal then of course I would smoke it outside. I’m black. Will get locked up if caught smoking outside. Rather smoke discreet in MY apartment so that my neighbors won’t smoke it or inhale it. Just trying to find a way to disguise the smell more.

You even said it yourself in the other thread “Since when do people follow the rules. For example...Drinking before your 21 is against the rules but how many of us drank before then.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2018, 06:30 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerezz7 View Post
You even said it yourself in the other thread “Since when do people follow the rules. For example...Drinking before your 21 is against the rules but how many of us drank before then.”
Come on bro, you taken that outta context. Someone said I thought smoking wasn't allowed in apartment buildings and that was my reply. Meaning people don't follow the rules. Never did I say I was ok or alright with someone not following the rules the affect other people. Just cause one person robs a guy on the street and commits a crime doesn't make it ok for the rest of society to go out a rob people.
Your smoking too much weed.... its affecting your thinking. Your smarter then this.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:16 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,710 times
People get lucky enough to score one of these "affordable" apartments and they can't even abide by a simple reasonable rule. Meanwhile you have folks struggling in this city that earn too much to even qualify for these new luxury "affordable" buildings and don't even qualify for them.

Wow.

Old 07-07-2018, 09:37 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,289,214 times
Quote:
Theres a no smoking rule in the affordable housing that I just moved in in brooklyn. I heard all the new affordable housing have a no smoking rule even in your own apartment...
I didn't know about that. I think that's a great idea!

You have to be rich in 2018 to afford to smoke.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
I didn't know about that. I think that's a great idea!

You have to be rich in 2018 to afford to smoke.

You was trying to be sarcastic but you actually right. The only way you can smoke in your own apartment is if you rich. This no smoking rule has got to be one of the dumbest rules I ever heard of. Telling people that they can’t smoke in there own apartment. They even trying to enforce this BS in Nycha too. You got people like livingsinglenyc that encourage this nonsense. Sounds like landlords are implying a form of martial law telling people what they can and can’t do in there own apartment? The sad part is that the majority of nyc apartments are like this now smh

A better policy would be saying you can smoke but be considerate of others. Make sure the smoke doesn’t affect them

Old 07-08-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
People get lucky enough to score one of these "affordable" apartments and they can't even abide by a simple reasonable rule. Meanwhile you have folks struggling in this city that earn too much to even qualify for these new luxury "affordable" buildings and don't even qualify for them.

Wow.
It’s not a “reasonable” rule at all. Telling people what they can and can’t do in there apartment is not “reasonable”. Now I have to risk going to jail by smoking outside. Don’t understand how that’s “reasonable” at all. I know people who live in Nycha and they are upset about this new no smoking rule. They don’t find it “reasonable “ at all. I met a woman in my building , a black woman and she says she loves the building And the apartment but feels very restricted living here. Maybe it’s “reasonable” to you but the vast majority disagrees

Old 07-08-2018, 10:16 AM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,735 times
Quote:
You was trying to be sarcastic but you actually right. The only way you can smoke in your own apartment is if you rich. This no smoking rule has got to be one of the dumbest rules I ever heard of. Telling people that they can’t smoke in there own apartment. They even trying to enforce this BS in Nycha too. You got people like livingsinglenyc that encourage this nonsense. Sounds like landlords are implying a form of martial law telling people what they can and can’t do in there own apartment? The sad part is that the majority of nyc apartments are like this now smh

A better policy would be saying you can smoke but be considerate of others. Make sure the smoke doesn’t affect them

Maybe you should stop smoking and start reading books on proper grammar usage.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:56 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,429,953 times
If you want to smoke weed look into a SMOKE BUDDY on Amazon or SPLOOF on youtube. You cannot smoke joints but there is a way to get stoned without causing attention. Get rid of the tobacco and you will be fine.

Using a pipe allows you to cover the bowl after you inhale so no smoke gets out then you simply blow into the smoke buddy or sploof out the window. No one will smell.

Send me a pm if you want. I do this in hotels.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:14 PM

954 posts, read 939,748 times
Why does this question keep coming up? If you are an avid smoker, why would you move into a non smoking building?? It makes no sense.

Please move into my non-smoking building so I can report your ass and get you evicted. This has happened on 3 occasions here, management has a hard on for catching smokers.

Old 07-08-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle Lewis View Post
Why does this question keep coming up? If you are an avid smoker, why would you move into a non smoking building?? It makes no sense.

Please move into my non-smoking building so I can report your ass and get you evicted. This has happened on 3 occasions here, management has a hard on for catching smokers.

Damn near every apartment in Nyc is no smoking now dummy. Like the last guy said if you not rich or in that upper class bracket you can’t smoke anywhere. Even Nycha is enforcing this dumb no smoking rule. If you poor or middle class you have to deal with this no smoking rule which is not fair at all. The rule was basically created to force people out. You don’t see them enforcing a rule on sniffing coke and shooting meth. The reason why is because they know white people like to do those drugs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: