Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 08:21 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,295,950 times

Advertisements

I don't get it. It seems like the food is just is filled with the same garbage you'd find in places like McDonald's, yet the place is packed? Is it just a case of marketing and being "trendy"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2018, 08:27 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
I don't think it is the same garbage. At all. As far as fast food chicken goes, I think they have the best. They do something different with the fries too besides the waffle shape. They are yummy.

Customer Service is a million times better. They pay their employees more, and it shows. I'm never given food that isn't fresh, if the order was ever wrong I would be shocked. Love chic-fil-a!

Old 05-12-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I don't think it is the same garbage. At all. As far as fast food chicken goes, I think they have the best. They do something different with the fries too besides the waffle shape. They are yummy.

Customer Service is a million times better. They pay their employees more, and it shows. I'm never given food that isn't fresh, if the order was ever wrong I would be shocked. Love chic-fil-a!
The food is PUMPED with preservatives, so please tell me what makes it "better" aside from it tasting "fresh"?

https://www.naturalhealth365.com/chi...-msg-1610.html

https://foodbabe.com/chick-fil-a-or-chemical-fil-a/amp/

Old 05-12-2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
The food is PUMPED with preservatives, so please tell me what makes it "better" aside from it tasting "fresh"?

https://www.naturalhealth365.com/chi...-msg-1610.html

https://foodbabe.com/chick-fil-a-or-chemical-fil-a/amp/
? I just said I like it the best. It's completely different to me than other fast food places. They have filets, nuggets, and strips. No chicken on the bone. There isn't a lot of breading, I personally dislike a lot of breading, and they cook it differently. I don't remember how.

The 'fresh' remark was separate. Some fast food places now don't throw out their food before it gets stale. I hate getting stale food, and that never happens at chic-fil-a, probably in part due to the fact it doesn't have a chance to GET stale. There is always a long line there.

At one time, I was visiting during off peak hours and got some not completely fresh chicken. From then on, whenever there is not a long line, I specify fresh and they have a button to press for that, and you get your order right out of the fryer.

Old 05-12-2018, 08:46 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times
Quote:
I don't get it. It seems like the food is just is filled with the same garbage you'd find in places like McDonald's, yet the place is packed? Is it just a case of marketing and being "trendy"?
You've obviously never eaten at a chik-fil-a but just hate them because "OMG they have conservative religious owners and are closed Sundays!"

In my travels all over the US, I have to say they have the best tasting fast food chicken sandwiches!

Old 05-12-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Trendy? They have been around for decades. Used to be only inside mall food courts, then demand was so high to start making it more accessible. As a teen I remember going to a lot of trouble to get to the chic-fil a in the mall.

Old 05-12-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Trendy? They have been around for decades. Used to be only inside mall food courts, then demand was so high to start making it more accessible. As a teen I remember going to a lot of trouble to get to the chic-fil a in the mall.
They used to only have one location by Union Square. They've only recently expanded here in NYC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
You've obviously never eaten at a chik-fil-a but just hate them because "OMG they have conservative religious owners and are closed Sundays!"

In my travels all over the US, I have to say they have the best tasting fast food chicken sandwiches!
lol... FYI I am conservative on various issues, so none of that has to do with it. From what I've heard so far, it seems like people have an illusion that the food is better in terms of quality. I have read the ingredients since a few co-workers bought some and I don't see how it's better quality. Taste and quality aren't the same thing. Their food is full of artificial ingredients and preservatives just some of the other fast food places that have become stale.

I think that the fact that they serve it "fresh" makes it appear that everything is of better quality. That coupled with the good customer service seems to be the difference between them and some of the other fast food places. A previous poster said that they do something "different" with the food, and then said they fry it up. Not sure how that's different from any other fast food place.

Old 05-12-2018, 09:34 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,577,158 times
Hum...I’m starting to wonder when was last time OP went out

Old 05-12-2018, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
Hum...I’m starting to wonder when was last time OP went out
I pass by them regularly and I don't understand the hype hence my question. It's similar to Shake Shack IMO. People rave about the food and I don't get it. I've had their stuff. A few things were good but not for $30.00 for a burger, fries a shake and a sausage.

I will say that my stomach doesn't turn when I walk by a Chik-a-fil like it does when I pass Mc Donald's. They must have fewer preservatives and artificial ingredients compared to the other fast food places.

Old 05-12-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
They used to only have one location by Union Square. They've only recently expanded here in NYC.

lol... FYI I am conservative on various issues, so none of that has to do with it. From what I've heard so far, it seems like people have an illusion that the food is better in terms of quality. I have read the ingredients since a few co-workers bought some and I don't see how it's better quality. Taste and quality aren't the same thing. Their food is full of artificial ingredients and preservatives just some of the other fast food places that have become stale.

I think that the fact that they serve it "fresh" makes it appear that everything is of better quality. That coupled with the good customer service seems to be the difference between them and some of the other fast food places. A previous poster said that they do something "different" with the food, and then said they fry it up. Not sure how that's different from any other fast food place.
It's pressure fryer.

In terms of quality, there is a huge difference when comparing chicken from fast food places that are not chicken places.

They served frozen chicken that has already been fried, and they fry it again for a few minutes. Gross. Chicken places usually make theirs from fresh chicken, sorry you don't see the difference there, but it's massive.

Comparing to other chicken places, they don't specialize in filets. Their focus is chicken on the bone, though they offer sandwiches, chic-fil-a perfected the chicken filet sandwiches - other places that didn't even offer them before started to in an attempt to compete.

And then, yeah, taste. Everyone has preferences. I think their blend of spices and the pressure cooking = taste that is more comparable to a real restaurant. A filet, which I sometimes pick up just that and pair with my salad at home, is 1/5th the cost of one at a real restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City