Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 08:20 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
I can't help but feel a very important part of his description is missing. Guess I should be looking for an Asian Individual?

Welcome to BdeB's and the liberal/left/democratic city of New York.

You *know* what word was missing from that description, but as it causes some people grief regardless of what victims tell responding officers, things are scrubbed for release to media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 09:29 PM

593 posts, read 470,828 times
This pretty much says it all:

"On May 18, days before the attack, Bah was arrested for allegedly stealing an elderly man's car in the Bronx. The next day, a police officer spotted him joyriding, blowing three red lights and eventually crashing into a parked car.

Bah was arrested but given supervised released."

Old 05-25-2018, 09:33 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Maybe we need brutal punishment.

You steal = 1 hand is cut off.
Yea, but instead they go before judge Jerk Off who paid to get his judgeship and whose only concern is to move defendants thru the system and they get 3 to 6 years for that felony and 2 priors that they committed.

Old 05-25-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttereagle View Post
This pretty much says it all:

"On May 18, days before the attack, Bah was arrested for allegedly stealing an elderly man's car in the Bronx. The next day, a police officer spotted him joyriding, blowing three red lights and eventually crashing into a parked car.

Bah was arrested but given supervised released."

If things had gone they way they should have (under Rudy G. or even Bloomberg) the little swinehund would have been processed and at least held on bail, which likely would have kept him off the streets and saved those two elderly women.

But because somehow now being in jail for doing something you shouldn't causes "harm", the kid was released and didn't miss a beat.

Get ready for it folks, because more of this is going to come as Bill de Boob and city council push to close Rikers. Then we'll hear "there isn't enough room" in those new local lock-ups being planned so they "have" to release a certain number of criminals.....

Old 05-26-2018, 09:35 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,295,950 times
Quote:
I can't help but feel a very important part of his description is missing. Guess I should be looking for an Asian Individual?
I was wondering why the ethnicity was left out myself. I suspected that it was someone who specifically drove to Woodlawn looking for victims. I'm up there enough that this sort of thing is not normal. It's a small neighorhood and most residents know each other, so I figured it was someone outside of the neighborhood.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:11 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I was wondering why the ethnicity was left out myself. I suspected that it was someone who specifically drove to Woodlawn looking for victims. I'm up there enough that this sort of thing is not normal. It's a small neighorhood and most residents know each other, so I figured it was someone outside of the neighborhood.
Look closely. There is no media outlets that reports race/ethnicity of wanted suspects anymore unless they are white or Asian.

Not kidding.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:23 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,486,304 times
Quote:
I'm not one of those "anti-PC" people, but I agree. Race is an important physical descriptor

Old 05-26-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Look closely. There is no media outlets that reports race/ethnicity of wanted suspects anymore unless they are white or Asian.

Not kidding.

Nope, you don't hear "suspect was described as a black male, between 25-30 years old, wearing...." Because God forbid the people should know who the heck NYPD is looking for and or otherwise protect themselves.

Such descriptions "offend" certain people and give their group a bad name.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:

Not kidding.

Wait, hold the phone!

Courtesy of Staten Island Advance....

"The suspect fled, a police spokeswoman said, and emergency radio communications indicated that a "level-one" mobilization was called as officers searched the area.
Police described the suspect only as an unknown black man.
There have been no arrests at this time."
Sources: Fatal stabbing erupted at gathering at Urby | SILive.com

Old 05-26-2018, 02:08 PM

Keep in mind IIRC NYPD's press/information department likely does release a full description/detailed information to news media. It is then up to individual reporters/outlets (and or editors) to present that information as they see fit long as they stick to the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: