Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 05:29 AM

25,442 posts, read 37,293,232 times

Advertisements

I tried to look up the price of meatballs (beef) at BJ's and I got this delightful message:

"We're coming to 10128 soon!"

If that is honest, it will please me very much.

Let me know if you hear anything further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2018, 09:05 AM

1,486 posts, read 1,003,646 times
Isn't there a Costco close by? I would rather go to Costco than BJs.

I visit the one by Yankee Stadium, and Marble Hill all the time and they never have anything im looking for. I have to drive up to the one in Pelham to get what I need.

Also, I would be too excited about that because that means all those people in the projects will be coming to that zipcode to shop meaning more foot traffic, car traffic, and more issues.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Isn't there a Costco close by? I would rather go to Costco than BJs.

I visit the one by Yankee Stadium, and Marble Hill all the time and they never have anything im looking for. I have to drive up to the one in Pelham to get what I need.

THe Costco is a hike (on East 117 right on the river.) I like a few items that Costco sells (tofu, pickled herring) and a few items that BJ sells, (primarily the Michael Angelo frozen entrees) so proximity becomes the deciding factor and I am right in the center of 10128 zip code.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:15 AM

12,793 posts, read 8,402,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
THe Costco is a hike (on East 117 right on the river.) I like a few items that Costco sells (tofu, pickled herring) and a few items that BJ sells, (primarily the Michael Angelo frozen entrees) so proximity becomes the deciding factor and I am right in the center of 10128 zip code.
I recommend boxed.com. I was looking for these organic chicken meatballs by Coleman's. My girlfriend gets them from Costco in Manhattan, but I don't feel like going all the way to East Harlem for that. They had them on boxed.com. You can even pick a time slot for your delivery. I had my two items (pesto and the meatballs delivered to my office).

Old 08-19-2018, 07:25 AM

Pierrepont, it is chicken meatballs I am trying to avoid, or worse, chicken-pork meatballs. I can find them in any DOllar store. They both repulse me.

Meatballs must be BEEF, IMHO, and with the beef protectionism embargo of foreign beef, that is precisely what I cannot find.

Old 08-19-2018, 01:20 PM

3,002 posts, read 1,188,015 times
I like Costco but their web site really sucks!

Old 08-19-2018, 02:10 PM

7,916 posts, read 7,986,005 times
The big mystery is: Where the FU*K is BJ’s gonna go?

Old 08-20-2018, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
The big mystery is: Where the FU*K is BJ’s gonna go?

I have been trying to imagine the same thing HUIH. Partner said a good place might be the first floor of that cinder block complex that is growing like Topsy on First Avenue between like 97th and 99th? I know BJ's would need an immense space.

Perhaps they will buy some of the playing fields of Asphalt Green and build a free standing store but the residents would stage a riot???

Yes, it is a mystery. Maybe they just LIED?

Old 08-20-2018, 07:31 AM

36 posts, read 38,629 times
Maybe its for delivery?

Old 08-20-2018, 10:13 AM

20,548 posts, read 17,844,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I recommend boxed.com. I was looking for these organic chicken meatballs by Coleman's. My girlfriend gets them from Costco in Manhattan, but I don't feel like going all the way to East Harlem for that. They had them on boxed.com. You can even pick a time slot for your delivery. I had my two items (pesto and the meatballs delivered to my office).
This is how millennials will destroy the economy and their own future job prospects if all big box stores become online only.

Costco had to redo their food menu and remove long time items to attract millennials. Yet many of them work at Costcos and it's one of few big box that is immune to Amazon.

If Costcos ever declines due to online ordering jobs will disappear. Sam's Club already closed over a dozen stores because their service sucks. If online order becomes a big thing then say goodbye to Costco jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City