Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 07:33 PM

16,140 posts, read 6,886,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Here is my take on this situation. I feel sorry for the woman to go through such ordeal. Their was no need to have all that excessive police to pull a baby away from a woman. That is something that Nazis and Communists do, not us Americans. I'm a bit disturbed by the whole situation.

Let me logically look though on this. The security guard should have searched and find a seat for this woman. Two, the woman should have not sat on the floor, but she should has approached security or staff for a seat. In government offices and buildings, their are fire codes, and people sitting around can be a burden on escape route. Three, the workers who work for HRA and welfare offices are from the very same communities as the clients who receive services are from. The workers and the clients don't want to be there and thus attitudes will arise which can escalate problems into physical ones. Hopefully this situation witnessed can be used for training purposes, and hopefully workers at HRA can learn to deescalate instead of escalating problems as they arise. Four, the current climate. Today we live in a world where folks believe they are oppressed by men, or by white people. Now that intersectionality system use social media to get their attention across. Like I said before, Black victim + iPhone+ twitter or Facebook = you are getting fired from your job. Demands from Social Justice Activists want the security Guard, HRA workers and NYPD officers to be terminated. Thank goodness all such workers are part of a Union which can limit the chances of a firing. Social Justice advocates like feminists, and black lives matter get a hard one for getting somone fired from their jobs or evicted from their apartments and end up homeless.

I see a lot of dysfunction in the video. First off, where are the fathers? In one of the videos, the baby boy that was pulled away is with the grand mother. Also during the brawl, most of the screams in the background are from women. These HRA offices are full of single moms, most of them black women. Sad but true, black women in America already suffer from 70% out of wedlock rate, the highest in the country thus far. This situation could have been avoided if this woman had he child's father in its life. Not for nothing, I commend the woman going in to HRA asking for aide for child care coverage while she works. Last the woman arrested has a warrant out in NJ for credit card fraud. Her immediate chargers in NYC in my opinion should be dropped, but what credit card fraud is a serious offense which can up end the livelihoods of victims identities. She should be brought to trial for her crime in NJ. Do the crime, do the time. After the fact, what she should do is sue the state of NY, City of NY and use that money to buy a home and move down to the affordable South with her son. And forget about expensive, classst, and at times racist NYC.

I can imagine, #sittingonthefloorwhileblack, #securityguardeddie.

Jasmine lacks respect for authority. Why? Educated Guess. Never had a father figure of authority in her life.
So she will just refute and challenge anyone in her life who holds a little power. Power comes in all colors.
I was saddened by the lack of compassion in that room of mostly woman. Not one offered up her seat.
This speaks volumes. I have many times given up my seat on the bus to any elderly, pregnant, or woman with
child because its the right thing to do. It's the assimilation of respect for our fellow human being.
Jasmine is having her credit card fraud erased as long as she follows the rules. This is a chance many people
would never get. I hope she takes advantage and eats a little humble pie. In New York the mayor and the commissioner are
supporting the police officers including the woman officer yanking on the mothers arm to free the baby so they can make an arrest. Arrest does not lead to conviction. It is deflating a situation by removing Jasmine before she hurt herself or others.
Where's the father in all of this? I respect police officers. They are there to serve and protect. All one has to do is listen and follow their commands.They are the authority and deserve the highest respect. If a lawsuit is filed it would not be right to take
money from the taxpayers pocket for disobeying the law and putting the life of her beautiful son in danger. Shame on her.

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 12-12-2018 at 08:21 PM..

Old 12-12-2018, 08:06 PM

34,134 posts, read 47,363,401 times

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-12-2018, 09:43 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,068,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
You hit the nail on the head.
The leftist media enjoys pointing fingers at cops. It all boils down to respecting authority. Unfortunately some will never understand this concept because they have never grown up with a father figure in their life and don't know any better. It would have been better to let things sort themselves out. Now the middle class will get stuck flicking this bill.
Don't forget, left media loves click bait due to the generation of add revenue.

Old 12-12-2018, 10:46 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,104,331 times
Why should there be an over 4 hour wait at HRA? Why not provide enough chairs? Quite a crowd must build up in 4 hours.

Cops and the HRA can't treat the poor like human beings of equal worth so they do this stupid stuff. Next time someone wilts after 4 hours get them a chair.

Old 12-13-2018, 04:03 AM

220 posts, read 196,493 times
A little kindness goes a long way.....

Old 12-13-2018, 05:02 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,153,249 times
Quote:
She posed a tripping hazard in the least to the safety of others.
The lack of compassion of no one offering a seat spoke volumes.
She disobeyed and I can guess challenged the request to move.
Shame on her.
You keep talking about how someone should have "offered" her a chair, which would mean giving up their own. If people are waiting 4 hours to be seen, why do you think they would be eager to give theirs up (which they were entitled to, because they arrived earlier) to someone else? And then they face the prospect of having to stand there for possibly hours longer?

I know that if I, for example, board a train that's going to be a 4 hour journey, and I get myself set up in a good seat, there is no way I'm jumping up to give my seat to someone else so they can sit for 4 hours and I have to stand.

And the fact that she has a child is not anyone else's problem or responsibility. The reason she's in that office in the first place is that she made irresponsible choices to begin with (having a child she couldn't afford at a young age with no support).

I get there are people who would be more generous than I am, but I doubt you're going to find them at a place of desperation like the HRA offices.

Old 12-13-2018, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
Why should there be an over 4 hour wait at HRA? Why not provide enough chairs? Quite a crowd must build up in 4 hours.

Cops and the HRA can't treat the poor like human beings of equal worth so they do this stupid stuff. Next time someone wilts after 4 hours get them a chair.

Very good observation....Now ponder deeper and ask....

What is the maximum amount of chairs you can put in a room?
Do we need a bigger building?
Why so many people at the HRA?
Why the lack of compassion with so many sitting and not one single person offering up their seat?
A room of mostly women who proclaim to be more compassionate than men and not one willing to help?
How much of your tax money are you willing to give up to pay for a bigger HRA building supporting the poor?
At what point will a hard working tax payer say enough. You have taken enough of my money to support the poor?
Asking questions opens everyones eyes!
The more questions you ask the more knowledge one gains.

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 12-13-2018 at 05:36 AM..

Old 12-13-2018, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynpad View Post
A little kindness goes a long way.....

Amen Amen..........................
When you allow the Lord to use you as his instrument so much will be accomplished with so little.

Old 12-13-2018, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
You keep talking about how someone should have "offered" her a chair, which would mean giving up their own. If people are waiting 4 hours to be seen, why do you think they would be eager to give theirs up (which they were entitled to, because they arrived earlier) to someone else? And then they face the prospect of having to stand there for possibly hours longer?

I know that if I, for example, board a train that's going to be a 4 hour journey, and I get myself set up in a good seat, there is no way I'm jumping up to give my seat to someone else so they can sit for 4 hours and I have to stand.

And the fact that she has a child is not anyone else's problem or responsibility. The reason she's in that office in the first place is that she made irresponsible choices to begin with (having a child she couldn't afford at a young age with no support).

I get there are people who would be more generous than I am, but I doubt you're going to find them at a place of desperation like the HRA offices.

Given a hypothetical situation and I don't know you from a hole in the wall:
If we were both starving and I had an apple I would share it with you.................

Why? Compassion.

Due to lack of compassion a horrible situation occurred.
Jasmine brought all this upon herself. Agreed.
It only takes one person with one kind act to make a difference.
I hope to witness you one day do the same and offer your seat to someone truly in need.

Old 12-13-2018, 06:54 AM

11,200 posts, read 9,100,281 times
Quote:
Very good observation....Now ponder deeper and ask....

What is the maximum amount of chairs you can put in a room?
Do we need a bigger building?
Why so many people at the HRA?
Why the lack of compassion with so many sitting and not one single person offering up their seat?
A room of mostly women who proclaim to be more compassionate than men and not one willing to help?
How much of your tax money are you willing to give up to pay for a bigger HRA building supporting the poor?
At what point will a hard working tax payer say enough. You have taken enough of my money to support the poor?
Asking questions opens everyones eyes!
The more questions you ask the more knowledge one gains.
Not only women but women who brought their teenage aged kids...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City