Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 02:31 PM

156 posts, read 285,581 times

Advertisements

Our cell phones are with Verizon because I heard that their service was best in New York City (Fewer dropped calls, better connection etc. ). Our internet and cable are with Spectrum because that is what upper Manhattan has. We are not crazy about their service. We got a come-on from Spectrum saying if we switched our phone service, we would pay $45/line per month. That compares to $176 to Verizon for two smartphones (both of which we own). Has anyone done this? Did you actually save as advertised? How is the reliabilty of Spectrum cellphone service? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 06:10 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,834,833 times
Dropped Verizon after almost 20 years. Fed up with their non stop hikes.
Swore I will never ever let anybody triple play me again.

I am under same package like you. Spectrum for cable/internet. No contract.

I have AT&T for 2 mobiles and one house phone. $ 100 bucks a month total after taxes. No contract.
The house phone is basically a small device the size of a pack of cigarettes. This little
box is a mobile phone. You take an ordinary house phone and plug into this box and
presto you have a working house phone just like back in the old days.
The other two mobile phones have a 3Gb per phone plan ( 6GB total shared ) per month with rollover of unused.
Can't beat that.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:00 AM

31 posts, read 64,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palomalou View Post
Our cell phones are with Verizon because I heard that their service was best in New York City (Fewer dropped calls, better connection etc. ). Our internet and cable are with Spectrum because that is what upper Manhattan has. We are not crazy about their service. We got a come-on from Spectrum saying if we switched our phone service, we would pay $45/line per month. That compares to $176 to Verizon for two smartphones (both of which we own). Has anyone done this? Did you actually save as advertised? How is the reliabilty of Spectrum cellphone service? Thanks!
Even though their service is not as good as Verizon. You can get Sprint Unlimited Data/Calls/Texts for $4.85 a month. Just Google sprint free unlimited

Old 01-09-2019, 12:32 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,060,391 times
I have no cell phone service.
But I have been with Verizon triple play (land/VOIP line, TV and internet) for 9 years...about $151/mo. I have alternative of SPectrum and my contract with FIOS ecpires in June.
I don't know whether to stay or switch. (One DVR box, one basic box, HBO and SHO, two wired phones)

Opinions welcome?
>I am tired of seeing the rightward swing of Verizon with Fascist news and religious nonsense.>

Old 01-10-2019, 10:08 AM

80 posts, read 115,903 times
Get a internet service provider only and buy a amazon fire stick. There are many guides online to hack the fire stick for either free or paid apps. Tons of movies and even live cable channels.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:48 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,060,391 times
Tone,
My Blu-Ray player acts as a streaming device decoding many paid and some free services. Would the "amazon fire stick" be much duifferent? Could I get USA, TNT, TCM, SUN, NatGeo?

Old 01-31-2019, 01:02 PM

533 posts, read 481,182 times
Spectrum is yet to be offered in my area .... alas

Old 01-31-2019, 01:08 PM

106,594 posts, read 108,739,314 times
I have the spectrum guy here as I type converting us from Fios.

My contract is up , Fios not only offered no deal they were raising us ...went to spectrum across the street this morning and saved 50 a month ... they are here now

Old 01-31-2019, 10:04 PM

5,113 posts, read 4,963,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
I have the spectrum guy here as I type converting us from Fios.

My contract is up , Fios not only offered no deal they were raising us ...went to spectrum across the street this morning and saved 50 a month ... they are here now

maybe it was verizon's way to divorce their unwelcomed customer...

Old 01-31-2019, 11:49 PM

128 posts, read 115,110 times
I keep sounding like a broken record :

Get either or and get only internet plan, 100/100 is good
then buy a 4k firestick to add movie apps and get IPTV service
if you want home phone buy a "obihai" device and google voice

my total damage for my house
Verizon Fios internet only 100/100 =$43 a month
IPTV service (bootleg sling TV) 3000 channels 5 devices =$10 a month
home phone service = free

if you have FIOs triple play and want to downgrade they have a hack where you can cancel over the phone and order new service online , same name , same address.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: