Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 06:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,764 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

A few friends and I will be visiting the Bronx at the end of the month to see our Detroit Tigers play their final series in Yankee Stadium. I'd like to ask for any recommendations for sections to sit (not the real expensive seats) and area motels to stay. We're young college age guys without much cash to spend. If it's wiser to stay in an area away from the stadium and take the subway in, please give advice.

Thanks everybody!

Nick in Kalamazoo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 06:55 PM

6 posts, read 118,229 times
This is the last season at Yankee Stadium (as you probably know) so get tickets wherever you can. Good (not even great) seats are expensive. You can try ebay for season ticket holders selling the tickets they don't plan to use. Sometimes you can get a deal.
That area of the bronx is not really where you want to stay as a tourst. The stadium is accessible by subway; better to stay elsewhere. Do a search on this travel forum
Americas - United States of America - Thorn Tree Travel Forum - Lonely Planet
I'm sure this question has been answered there before. This is also a good place for recommendations on where to stay.
Have fun.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:43 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,967,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grif_1979 View Post
Hey all,

A few friends and I will be visiting the Bronx at the end of the month to see our Detroit Tigers play their final series in Yankee Stadium. I'd like to ask for any recommendations for sections to sit (not the real expensive seats) and area motels to stay. We're young college age guys without much cash to spend. If it's wiser to stay in an area away from the stadium and take the subway in, please give advice.

Thanks everybody!

Nick in Kalamazoo
you can stay in manhattan and go up to the bronx for the game via subway, try The Official Site of The New York Yankees: Homepage for tickets.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:45 PM

33 posts, read 157,080 times
As an FYI, bleachers are the cheapest but they are actual bleachers (unlike some other stadiums) and there is not alcohol in that area. Not sure if that matters to you but it could be a bad surprise if it does. Also, bleachers enter into their own enterance and they are not part of the actual stadium. You cant walk to another area from there.
Have a great time.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:41 AM

76 posts, read 357,260 times
I just returned from NYC and I attended a Yankee game.We got our tickets through Ticketmaster for $5 they have some type of deal for the Tier level Tues-Thurs.We took the subway there I would not recommend staying near the stadium.Search around for other areas closer to Manhattan and take the subway in.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:45 AM

70 posts, read 251,741 times
WOW! $5...thats awesome!

Old 04-10-2008, 02:23 PM

100 posts, read 530,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purrfectplace View Post
WOW! $5...thats awesome!
It sure is. The last time I recall tickets being 5 bucks was when Dimaggio's father was playing.

Don't stay anywhere near the stadium. Stay at a decent hotel in the city and take the number 4 train up to the stadium. Another option is the D. They both stop there. A city hotel will cost you but it doesn't sound like you'll be there for all that much time. If I had a choice between the "Stadium Motor Inn" and sleeping on a barge in the Hudson and then swimming to the game, I'd take the barge.

I wouldn't sit in the bleachers. Too much moron behavior. And lay off the "Yankees S--k" stuff. I'm not saying you would do that, but we don't take kindly too it.

Be polite, my friend, and you shall be welcomed to the house that Ruth Built.

A diehard Yankee fan, signing off.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:42 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,370,322 times
I saw the $5 deal. Its not really $5. With all of the taxes added on the total comes to $15 or so. Still thats pretty cheap for a seat at the game.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:41 AM

318 posts, read 1,098,619 times
Mead,

Do you know anything about that hotel on Webster Ave. in Woodlawn. If it was decent, I'm sure it would be much less expensive than a hotel downtown.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:15 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,168,835 times
they also do the 5 dollar deals at the stadium that really are 5 dollars
however they do this only for certain games like when they play tampa- theres no way they will be doing this for detroit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: