Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 12:53 PM

318 posts, read 280,688 times

Advertisements

im looking for a good furniture store that stands by their product. I don't want to have to worry about bed bugs or the furniture breaking down. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 03:36 PM

1,486 posts, read 989,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkunicorn0829 View Post
im looking for a good furniture store that stands by their product. I don't want to have to worry about bed bugs or the furniture breaking down. LOL
Sad to say but this stuff you want to go to a known chain store and pay the extra money. Check out stores stores like Bobs Furniture, PC Richard, or Raymour Flanagan. If you go to one of those that just have stuff outside on the sidewalk like Furniture Direct or Discount Furniture then you get what you pay for where they will try to sell you used furniture at brand new prices or sell you floor model furniture at full price.

With furniture breaking down, the thing customers dont realize is that when you buy wooden furniture you must check and tighten up the bolts and screws every couple months or they will fall apart. I had stuff from Bobs and it lasted long because i tightened up the chairs once a year, a few drops of thread locker goes a long way.

With a wooden platform bed you dont want to use thread locker on it in case you have to disassemble it to move.

Old 02-06-2019, 03:53 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times
Express furniture warehouse

Old 02-06-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
Express furniture warehouse
I got my most recent furniture from there. My couch is sinking in. The chairs for the table broke The only thing still standing is my bed. The mattress didn’t even last a year.

Old 02-06-2019, 05:06 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
I used bobs, had my bed, sofa and tables for about 6-7 years now (At 3 different apartments . Cause i don't need to buy new stuff from Italy every move )

And for stuff I built together like shelves, vanity, desk ect... I used wayfair and overstock.

Old 02-06-2019, 05:59 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I used bobs, had my bed, sofa and tables for about 6-7 years now (At 3 different apartments . Cause i don't need to buy new stuff from Italy every move )

And for stuff I built together like shelves, vanity, desk ect... I used wayfair and overstock.
U silly

He's on point!

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-07-2019, 07:15 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,759,143 times
Quote:
I had a really great customer experience with Aldo Ramierez at Corner Furniture. They have a very big showroom and responsive customer service.

https://www.corner-furniture.com/

Old 02-07-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
I had a really great customer experience with Aldo Ramierez at Corner Furniture. They have a very big showroom and responsive customer service.

https://www.corner-furniture.com/
thank you so much I will check them out

Old 02-07-2019, 09:05 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
U silly

He's on point!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Sad to say but this stuff you want to go to a known chain store and pay the extra money. Check out stores stores like Bobs Furniture, PC Richard, or Raymour Flanagan. If you go to one of those that just have stuff outside on the sidewalk like Furniture Direct or Discount Furniture then you get what you pay for where they will try to sell you used furniture at brand new prices or sell you floor model furniture at full price.

With furniture breaking down, the thing customers dont realize is that when you buy wooden furniture you must check and tighten up the bolts and screws every couple months or they will fall apart. I had stuff from Bobs and it lasted long because i tightened up the chairs once a year, a few drops of thread locker goes a long way.

With a wooden platform bed you dont want to use thread locker on it in case you have to disassemble it to move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post

LMAO!!! Listen I have stuff from Design Within Reach... Now several years old. In great condition... Expensive yes, but worth the money. That said, my girlfriend bought a couch from Bob's and I keep asking her when she is going to change it out because the cushions have the springs all over the place. We joke about how when her sister comes over, she is afraid to sit on the couch. Actually she outright refuses to because when she attempted to last time, something stuck her in the -ss!! LMAO She jumped up, ran to the kitchen area and sat on one of the stools. We laugh hysterically every time she says her sister is coming over.

As for Raymour & Flanigan... LOL Furniture for old people with no taste. No thanks. There's plenty of garbage out there that's for sure, even some of the expensive stuff. Have to look around carefully...

Last edited by pierrepont7731; 02-07-2019 at 09:19 AM..

Old 02-07-2019, 09:17 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Ironically in our office, we have furniture from Ikea that has held up well. A couch and a table in one of the conference rooms. However, hardly anyone sits on the sofa even though it is comfortable and the table in the conference room isn't that heavily. We have meetings on occasion but nothing crazy. The sofa is in an area of the office away from the lobby. We have ghost chairs from Italy in the lobby area which are heavily used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City