Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 09:42 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,923,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFanMan View Post
Fortunately I never have or will live near a bodega. If you do, you need to stop and ask yourself why you are failing in life.

soooo neil patrick harris has a bodega 10 feet from his house in Harlem, and he's failing?

*looks at join date*

oh yeah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 11:26 PM

15,881 posts, read 14,529,165 times
I'd love to see what the behind the scenes lobbying is like around pot legalization. There's big money in play, big players already in the game,, and even bigger players waiting in the wings. The bodega boys don't have the resources to play this game.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:30 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,619,121 times
Just legalize it flat out and level the playing field

Old 02-18-2019, 04:39 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,618,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I'd love to see what the behind the scenes lobbying is like around pot legalization. There's big money in play, big players already in the game,, and even bigger players waiting in the wings. The bodega boys don't have the resources to play this game.

I'd like to see competition and free market pricing but I bet weed will be heavily taxed. Went to my first legal shop in CA and the prices were eye opening.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:27 AM

766 posts, read 509,143 times
Not happening

Bodegas already do scams with cigarettes, EBT etc. Plus mostly cash based. The city won’t get a significant tax cut due to the constant fraud from small businesses.

The bodegas are hang out spots for drug dealers. They will get robbed for their weed daily. It’s a safety risk

bodegas are located in every kind of neighborhood. This will get severe push back from neighborhood activist. Having a weed shop in poor neighborhoods will be deemed just as bad as more liquor stores. Meanwhile, fresh supermarkets, good businesses are there.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:29 AM

34,169 posts, read 47,414,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
I'd like to see competition and free market pricing but I bet weed will be heavily taxed. Went to my first legal shop in CA and the prices were eye opening.
How much?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-18-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
Not happening

Bodegas already do scams with cigarettes, EBT etc. Plus mostly cash based. The city won’t get a significant tax cut due to the constant fraud from small businesses.

The bodegas are hang out spots for drug dealers. They will get robbed for their weed daily. It’s a safety risk

bodegas are located in every kind of neighborhood. This will get severe push back from neighborhood activist. Having a weed shop in poor neighborhoods will be deemed just as bad as more liquor stores. Meanwhile, fresh supermarkets, good businesses are there.
If they're not getting robbed for their K2 they won't get robbed for weed

Plus, if bodegas really started selling weed, why would you think they would let drug dealers cut into their profit?

Old 02-18-2019, 07:24 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,618,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
How much?
$25-$35 for a bag of gummies and $120 for a cartridge refill. It's been years since I ground anything up but the store legal prices varied from $20 to $250+ for a gram, there was so much variety it was almost like browsing a wine shop.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
$25-$35 for a bag of gummies and $120 for a cartridge refill. It's been years since I ground anything up but the store legal prices varied from $20 to $250+ for a gram, there was so much variety it was almost like browsing a wine shop.
Pricing is the concern when it does become legal.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:30 AM

1,121 posts, read 593,505 times
Yeah this is most definately stupid. As if there is not already enough stupidity at NYC bodegas. Sheezus. The thing is that when Cannabis products are legalized the most immature (and stupid) are all lined up front and center preaching. It will take people at least a few more years before it dawns on them how stupid most pot heads really are. Like in a stoned trance of some kind.

100% of pro-pot folks are stoned users of the narcotic.

It does not take a Cannabis Cup Winner award to realize 100% of pro-pot people are simply baked stupid on the drug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City