Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 11:14 AM

19,072 posts, read 14,006,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Nope, it is going the OTHER way.
See now here I agree with you. We definitely get some homeless trash from outside the city (due to our own stupid policies), but it’s definitely much more NYC that dumps its human trash on other locales.

At one point (maybe still?) the city was even sending people upstate, setting them up with rent paid for a limited time (which they couldn’t afford after) with the hopes that they wouldn’t return. Talk about some devious crap. I feel bad for the upstate landlords who were scammed.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-30-2019, 12:02 PM

1,573 posts, read 916,434 times
After I-78 was completed Allentown actually recruited New York ghetto dwellers to come and help make their community more vibrant. Now it's so vibrant nobody wants to live there and you can buy a large victorian home for $50 grand.

Old 10-02-2019, 01:21 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,605,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Its just amazing the angry racists who daily post on this forum. Why not rant about the "garbage" from those rural parts of PA drowning NYC with their opioid habits and then forcing us to pay for their care?

I bet you are happy now after your rant.
Well said. The funny thing is these posters are all miserable people. They diafunctionally believe this type of activity makes them happier. For all the talk they have about retirement plans and hopes, it's really a retirement that will allow them to post on City Data for 10-12 hours a day. What difference does it make where they live ? Perhaps they will give the NYC forum a break and finally make the break and go full time on the Election or politics forum for the time they have left on this Earth, lol.

Old 10-03-2019, 11:23 AM

16,150 posts, read 6,892,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
See now here I agree with you. We definitely get some homeless trash from outside the city (due to our own stupid policies), but it’s definitely much more NYC that dumps its human trash on other locales.

At one point (maybe still?) the city was even sending people upstate, setting them up with rent paid for a limited time (which they couldn’t afford after) with the hopes that they wouldn’t return. Talk about some devious crap. I feel bad for the upstate landlords who were scammed.
Opinion:
Getting $4,0000 a month per family was not what I would have termed as a Landlord being scammed by the city.
I would have called that a windfall for those Landlords that knew the ins and outs of renting to subsidized tenants.

Personal Opinion:
I never needed to participate in the city offerings in the more than 20 years of owning rental property. Thank the Lord.
Oh ,I was offered on many occasions. The money was enticing but the thought of having the City watching your every
move so they could pounce and ruin you was more than enough to not take that risk. I knew of many who did well with some
beautiful tenants receiving city rental aid but the nasty tenants....Whoa.... There is nothing worse for any Landlord to endure than a nasty subsidized tenant. If they are disabled atop that? you got real problems.... These tenants will stop at nothing to call and complain for anything and the city automatically takes their side. During this time you are not paid rent but you will be spending your own money on Lawyers who in many cases will advise you to buy them out....$20,000-$30,000.....It is up to you to prove your innocence. It is nothing more than a living hell once the city is involved. In this type of situation you are better off keeping your apartment empty.....nuff said....

Old 10-03-2019, 11:33 AM

201 posts, read 85,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Nope, it is going the OTHER way.
NYC dumps trash and it dumps talent. The topic is irrelevant. The news headlines "people are leaving NYC" have been common probably since it was named New Amsterdam. Even when a bunch of people move (or sneak in, illegally) they say "everybody" is leaving.

Old 10-06-2019, 07:20 AM

25,387 posts, read 37,126,683 times
More People Are Leaving NYC Than Any Other US City, New Report Says

Since it is the largest City, more people are "EVERYTHING" New York than any other City.

Old 10-06-2019, 12:37 PM

201 posts, read 85,403 times
I am not leaving NYC any time soon and that is what matters most to me. There are still tons of people still living and visiting here. There always has been and always will be.

"Everybody is leaving NYC" is one of the most common headlines. It is made public every single year I can ever remember.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:26 AM

"Everybody is leaving NYC"

And yet the population keeps growing.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:36 AM

325 posts, read 199,931 times
Not surprising the most people left from queens , it’s soo much money nowadays. Queens is about the nicest quality living you’ll find in nyc . Many are leaving New York in general for cheaper areas like Florida , georgia , North Carolina. I can’t leave tho because I’m a city boy and I’m not fond of suburban life much so the south would not be a good idea for me I would hate it . I’m staying put in the city of bright lights

Old 10-07-2019, 10:05 AM

Yeah, me too.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City