Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 09:48 PM

59 posts, read 52,662 times

Advertisements

Did anyone ask when the building would be done?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2019, 08:35 PM

Can someone tell me when this building is expected to be done? I saw that there was a construction vehicle on the sidewalk beside the building.

Old 10-21-2019, 12:50 PM

54 posts, read 75,568 times
Any Updates ?

Old 10-21-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momlovesme View Post
Any Updates ?
No update as of yet. I’m going to follow up tomorrow to see if my paperwork was sent to HPD. I just wanted to know when the building was expected to be completed. I guess I’ll ask that question as well when I call. Hope to hear some good news

Old 10-25-2019, 02:34 PM

Update
I went by the building this afternoon since I had a few minutes to waste and I was in the neighborhood. I was approached by someone working inside the building as I stood staring at the building and began to converse lol. I was informed that the building is completed with the exception of the landscaping which they were working on today. He told me that he expects everything to be done by next week. I asked if anyone moved into the building as of yet and he said no. He stated that he expects people to start moving in around the the beginning of the second week of November. He said a few people have already viewed the apartment. He said that there were 22 two-bedrooms still unassigned. He suggested that I call the management to check on the status of my application.

I call the management and get the same generic response that I always get. I was told that I have to be patient because it takes 2-10 months to be approved to move into any lottery building. Additionally, I was told that no one would be moving into the building next month smh ...what? Someone don’t know what they are talking about. She said that when that time comes and if I am selected that she would notify me. I’m not sure what to think but I guess all I can do is pray and just be patient.

I just wanted to share this information.

Have a great weekend everyone

Old 11-04-2019, 06:01 PM

Has anyone had an opportunity to view any of the apartments? Any updates?

Old 11-04-2019, 06:15 PM

100 posts, read 137,668 times
Not yet. I actually was rejected for not submitting documents. That turned into a back and forth match. Finally someone was kind enough to allow me to forward them the entire email that included all the documents that I submitted and now the process continues. There seems to be a lot of miscommunication within the short staffed office. It seems like you have to stay on top of them or you’ll “ fall through the cracks “.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherFowler View Post
Not yet. I actually was rejected for not submitting documents. That turned into a back and forth match. Finally someone was kind enough to allow me to forward them the entire email that included all the documents that I submitted and now the process continues. There seems to be a lot of miscommunication within the short staffed office. It seems like you have to stay on top of them or you’ll “ fall through the cracks “.
Sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out now that you had the opportunity to resubmit the documents. I honestly believe that there is little communication. I was told that they are working on five lotteries right now which seems a bit much. I was also told that no one would be moving into the building in November but the building super said otherwise. This process is so stressful. SMH...all I can do is wait and see what happens. I put it all in God's hands

Old 11-06-2019, 05:50 PM

100 posts, read 137,668 times
The super could be talking about the New Destiny clients that are moving from the shelter. Only a percentage of the apartments went to the lottery. The rest of the building is going to be rented to clients from domestic violence shelters. The first floor is supposed to be the offices for the supportive after care staff.

Old 11-19-2019, 08:14 PM

I saw the first floor plan for this building on a site called thenyhc.org[/b] It shows a few apartments on the first floor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: