Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 01:54 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
TELL me about it.
Which is why the Bronx gets a bad rap. You usually come through the South Bronx, which still has tons of problems. All of the other boroughs have problem neighborhoods, but they are tucked away further. The Bronx is the opposite. The good neighborhoods are tucked far away. lol

Just about every good neighborhood that I can think of in the Bronx has some sort of barrier to help it. City Island... On an island... Country Club... Eastchester Bay on one side and the Bruckner on the other, tucked away. Riverdale... Up in the hills, away from everything. Lots of Throggs Neck is the same. Woodlawn, have to go past a HUGE cemetery to get to it. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2019, 02:11 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,005,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
the hit ratio for cops is just as bad .. there is no such thing as training for combat by shooting holes in paper

below is a typical nypd sop-9 report. this is a typical hit ratio for a typical year ...185 shots fired for the year by nypd , 16 hits .

NYPD SOP 9
I'm not surprised.

Old 11-29-2019, 02:31 PM

37,119 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Which is why the Bronx gets a bad rap. You usually come through the South Bronx, which still has tons of problems. All of the other boroughs have problem neighborhoods, but they are tucked away further. The Bronx is the opposite. The good neighborhoods are tucked far away. lol

Just about every good neighborhood that I can think of in the Bronx has some sort of barrier to help it. City Island... On an island... Country Club... Eastchester Bay on one side and the Bruckner on the other, tucked away. Riverdale... Up in the hills, away from everything. Lots of Throggs Neck is the same. Woodlawn, have to go past a HUGE cemetery to get to it. lol
Good point about going through the South Bronx. The Bronx is also the only borough where the Manhattan neighborhoods closest to it on the way to either Midtown or the Financial District are also pretty impoverished. Then again, a few decades back, the North Brooklyn waterfront was pretty sketchy and LIC was an industrial zone, so the good or expensive neighborhoods being closest to the Manhattan CBDs is a fairly new phenomenon for certain parts of those boroughs as well.

I think the exception to the fairly good neighborhoods isolated from the subways in the Bronx is Pelham Bay and parts of Pelham Parkway. Then there are decent though not wealthy neighborhoods like Kingsbridge, Bedford Park, and everyone’s beloved Parkchester.

Old 11-29-2019, 03:55 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
That narrows it down a lot (just kidding). The 4, 5 and 6 all go to different places in the Bronx.
Oh... lol. That's all I remember. I can't narrow it down further than that. We lost in touch with the guy. Too bad, because I'm tempted to send out a text asking him where did he live at such and such time in the Bronx when he had all of us over for dinner. I'm going to look him up. He may still be living there!

Old 11-29-2019, 04:24 PM

2,077 posts, read 1,122,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Oh... lol. That's all I remember. I can't narrow it down further than that. We lost in touch with the guy. Too bad, because I'm tempted to send out a text asking him where did he live at such and such time in the Bronx when he had all of us over for dinner. I'm going to look him up. He may still be living there!

Just hoping he is not one of the victims.

Old 11-29-2019, 04:25 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Quote:
The other friends you went with might remember more clearly if you can't get in touch with the guy himself.

Old 11-29-2019, 05:39 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
The other friends you went with might remember more clearly if you can't get in touch with the guy himself.
Nah. We've all scattered. I don't know where they're all at now.

But I did a search on him. (Now, I feel like a stalker). lol.

He's not on twitter, he's not on instagram but!....I found him on facebook but I'm not on it and only friends can have access to his info. Drat! I'm not going to join facebook just to friend request him. But...! I just remembered one of my best friends is best friends with his wife or at least they were best friends in college (I hope they're still good friends) so I'm going to shoot a text to my friend now asking for the info. I'm getting close...!

Old 11-29-2019, 05:54 PM

174 posts, read 106,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Then there are decent though not wealthy neighborhoods like Kingsbridge, Bedford Park, and everyone’s beloved Parkchester.
As one whose family fled Kingsbridge nearly 50 years ago, I would suggest that you are being conspicuously kind and generous to that nabe and adjoining Bedford Park, both of which went bad in the late sixties.

Caught on camera: Police release video of Kingsbridge Heights sh

Old 11-29-2019, 06:41 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,629,510 times
Quote:

He's not on twitter, he's not on instagram but!....I found him on facebook but I'm not on it and only friends can have access to his info. Drat! I'm not going to join facebook just to friend request him. But...! I just remembered one of my best friends is best friends with his wife or at least they were best friends in college (I hope they're still good friends) so I'm going to shoot a text to my friend now asking for the info. I'm getting close...!
It would be funny if it ended up being Parkchester. We should start taking bets...

Old 11-29-2019, 06:47 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Quote:

If you know his first and last name, and he owns his apartment, you can see if he comes up on ACRIS. Just go on there https://a836-acris.nyc.gov/CP/ and go to search property records, then click on party name.

If he rents or was renting at the time, this won't help you at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City