Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 09:30 AM

5,466 posts, read 5,721,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
In a way it is all of a sudden. It's been as if someone was inciting these attacks. Haven't you noticed there haven't been any attacks in over a week. By what's hitting the news today, the Feds are looking into a connection to the "Black Hebrew Israelites" who is a group unaffiliated with mainstream Judaism.
Black Hebrew Israelites are just confused African Americans/conspiracy theorists, although a small number of them did convert to actual Judaism. Some of them are black supremacists and anti-semites and believe the same nonsense/conspiracies as their fellow white supremacist neo-Nazi types.

Old 01-15-2020, 11:15 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,904,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Jews are the primary victims of hate crimes in New York City.

But are Jews the primary victims of violent crime?

I don't know, but I think black and Hispanic neighborhoods probably experience more violent crime.

Old 01-15-2020, 12:08 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,786,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post

I don't know, but I think black and Hispanic neighborhoods probably experience more violent crime.
That would require to be a different thread.

Old 01-16-2020, 02:30 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,003,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema Cat View Post

That’s true that poor people in poor Black neighborhoods are much more likely to be as victims of violent crime. That’s a different issue with someone different solutions. That’s mainly gang violence.

Jewish people being victims of hate crimes is a very different issue.

Of course the city is not doing such a great job at dealing with either or any type of crime.

Old 01-16-2020, 02:32 AM

Quote:
These attacks are happening daily. Not just on the Jewish holidays
Sadly, I think they will get worse in the summer with more people out.

The city doesn’t seem to be doing much.

Old 01-16-2020, 05:32 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,604,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Sadly, I think they will get worse in the summer with more people out.

The city doesn’t seem to be doing much.
Oh no, I certainly hope it doesn't get worse in the summer
This has been a terrible winter

Old 01-16-2020, 05:33 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,604,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
That’s true that poor people in poor Black neighborhoods are much more likely to be as victims of violent crime. That’s a different issue with someone different solutions. That’s mainly gang violence.

Jewish people being victims of hate crimes is a very different issue.

Of course the city is not doing such a great job at dealing with either or any type of crime.
I agree. Different issues.
And the city is not doing much to help either situation, sadly.

Old 01-16-2020, 07:13 AM

Quote:
I agree. Different issues.
And the city is not doing much to help either situation, sadly.
Which is why I think both issues will get worse in the summer with more people out. The city is doing very little.

Old 01-16-2020, 09:31 AM

874 posts, read 455,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I wonder if the other neighborhoods that experience above average problems are getting the same consideration?
...over the past [lets say "YEAR"] -- watching the news - then they cut to the video. I don't care WHO it is. seeing these deranged lunatics kick, pummel, punch, & terrorize people (even mothers with children] is hard to watch. it's......disgusting. i feel so bad for the victim. it's a quality of life issue and one of these: "you never use to see this before (as much) around this neghborhood. these THUGS....[some with their hoodies up, many laughing as they scurry away] -- you have to have something wrong with you to WANT to be violent in this way against people. i don't give a fock: gay, hasidic, puerto rican, italian, black.............it hurts to watch. it's disturbing to watch it on TV, makes you cringe...

so having cameras around is a good thing. maybe it will help I.D. the punks.. maybe it will even be a deterrence....

it's better than doing nothing. and YES......the jewish communities ALSO need to spend their own dough putting up surveillance cameras...and other deterrences....

Old 01-16-2020, 09:43 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,786,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I wonder if the other neighborhoods that experience above average problems are getting the same consideration?

Let's just be like the UK and have camera's everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City