Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 09:29 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,766,834 times

Advertisements

https://secretnyc.co/the-worlds-firs...77bUmjvbS8Oi2M

The Lowline | The World's First Underground Park - LES NYC

The Lowline project is being developed in the one-acre space which was formerly the Williamsburg Bridge Trolley Terminal in the Lower East Side. Lowline is being designed by Raad Studio’s James Ramsey using a “remote skyline” which will allow the underground plants to grow through the reflection of sunlight into the tunnel. The design is explained as:

“[Sunlight] passes through a glass shield above the parabolic collector, and is reflected and gathered at one focal point, and directed underground. Sunlight is transmitted onto a reflective surface on the distributor dish underground, transmitting that sunlight into the space.”

The public green space will be located below Delancey Street, near Katz’s Deli, when it opens in 2021. Take a look at some of the photos from Lowline Lab for a glimpse of what you can expect from this new community space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 10:05 AM

317 posts, read 311,939 times
The LES rat population will appreciate the extra green space.

Old 01-13-2020, 10:27 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,616,423 times
For some reason, I thought this opened already. I want to see it, though I feel like from a practicality perspective, it's goofy. I mean, I live like a block away, so why not.

Old 01-13-2020, 10:37 AM

450 posts, read 474,804 times
I'm sure the project and tenement dwellers will appreciate this

Old 01-16-2020, 02:59 PM

16,050 posts, read 6,843,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
https://secretnyc.co/the-worlds-firs...77bUmjvbS8Oi2M

The Lowline | The World's First Underground Park - LES NYC

The Lowline project is being developed in the one-acre space which was formerly the Williamsburg Bridge Trolley Terminal in the Lower East Side. Lowline is being designed by Raad Studio’s James Ramsey using a “remote skyline” which will allow the underground plants to grow through the reflection of sunlight into the tunnel. The design is explained as:

“[Sunlight] passes through a glass shield above the parabolic collector, and is reflected and gathered at one focal point, and directed underground. Sunlight is transmitted onto a reflective surface on the distributor dish underground, transmitting that sunlight into the space.”

The public green space will be located below Delancey Street, near Katz’s Deli, when it opens in 2021. Take a look at some of the photos from Lowline Lab for a glimpse of what you can expect from this new community space.
Opinion:
Would it be wishful thinking if Housing projects followed suit?
Not in my back yard......errr ...I mean .......underground bunker.....

Old 01-16-2020, 03:16 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
So their going to finally recycle a space that's been sitting empty for over 60 years. I'll be amazed if they finish it by 2021 under budget.

The Renderings for the Delancey Underground Park on the Lower East Side -- New York Magazine - Nymag

Old 01-16-2020, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
So their going to finally recycle a space that's been sitting empty for over 60 years. I'll be amazed if they finish it by 2021 under budget.
Of course they won't but at least it's a start. I'd check it out. Sounds kinda cool. On paper at least. We shall see.

Last edited by Aeran; 01-16-2020 at 03:56 PM..

Old 02-22-2020, 07:34 PM

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...ZpaL_rVw8TX7_s

Low on Cash, the Lowline Park is on Hold.

Aww, nuts. I was sorta looking forward to this. C'est la vie.

Old 02-23-2020, 07:15 AM

227 posts, read 97,949 times
Can I smoke weed in it?

Old 02-26-2020, 07:29 PM

874 posts, read 454,342 times
Quote:

"The Lowline project is being developed in the one-acre space which was formerly the
Williamsburg Bridge Trolley Terminal in the Lower East Side. Lowline is being designed
by Raad Studio’s James Ramsey using a “remote skyline” which will allow the underground
plants to grow through the reflection of sunlight into the tunnel."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironlex View Post
"The LES rat population will appreciate the extra green space."

That reminds me.....

. . .to our new:

- Store

- Mall

- Park

- House of Worship

- Recreational area

- Community Garden

- Our New project: "____________________"

new places... humans just as bad if not worse to ruin things….

Quote:
2/24/20
https://abc7ny.com/thief-pulls-off-h...yards/5964719/

Hudson Yards
(a vague short story)

“A thief carried out a high-end jewelry heist at a store in Hudson Yards Sunday.
Police say the thief entered the Piaget jewelry store at around 3:45 p.m. and
asked to see two items. The clerk put a necklace and a watch on the
counter and then noticed a watch in the suspect's shirt. Police say the suspect
ran out of the store with the necklace and watch. After he was gone, the clerk
noticed another watch was missing from the display
. Police say the watches were
worth a combined $779,000 while the necklace was worth $21,000.

So far, no arrests have been made. Police are looking through surveillance footage.

“The clerk put a necklace and a watch on the counter and then noticed a watch in the suspect's shirt”

You noticed a watch IN the guy’s shirt….?” what?

After the thief was gone, you noticed another watch missing from the DISPLAY?”

I was waiting to hear something like this....was a matter of time
before the *new* place got hit by some BUM who ‘won’t go to work to earn an
honest living.’

Couldn’t wait to pounce..

The watches, necklace he stole…. He’s got bad karma around him now.

No good will come of his thievery of this magnitude....

- Give them back to the rightful owner (call the police, they’ll come and get the stolen gems)
- Go to confession (or sit in church quietly for awhile)
- Prepare yourself mentally for jail
- get a conscious/find remorse--if there IS any in you
- then turn yourself in to the nearest Police precinct
- you giving back the goods – they may go easier on you

Imagine the nerve. AND………..what WORLD do these people [clerk/owner of store] live
in unless it was an *inside job*

How does a store that carries high-end jewelry of this magnitude ($$$) let some thief
sashay right out of the store so easily?’ It’s 2020. Sounds like an inside job. So BRAZEN.

When you hand a customer a watch to look over (a watch that cost around $350,000)
isn't the “clerk” watching the ‘customer’ handle the watch? No security guard hovering
about or hidden security guards watching customers as they handle jewelry costing
HUNDREDS of thousands of dollars?? it's 2020. they still love robbing stores with
jewelry in it.

How did the guy pull a fast one right under the clerks nose?

if this is not an inside job, the clerk & the owner of this store ARE 2 of the
“naieeevist” people on earth then. The lax security-mentality is stunning, given the
prices of these watches ! Really, what world do they live in when running a business like this !?

They don’t deserve to be robbed --- BUT, if you’re that naïve about not guarding your
small expensive objects you have for sale & hire even STUPIDER sales help (this Clerk)
….2 watches ea. @ $350,000 + - + the $21,000 necklace. …OMG, either they're
that naïve, [from out of (int'L) town] or it’s an inside job.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: