Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 02:31 PM

8,952 posts, read 4,835,386 times

Advertisements

Bail reform... or is it the mild winter weather that's the culprit?

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...GtrEmBbCkg0zEA

New numbers from the police department show serious crimes were up sharply in the city over the first two months of the year.

According to the NYPD, robberies were up 35 percent from the first two months of 2019, and grand theft auto was up 64 percent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2020, 02:40 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,397,703 times
You can't make a judgement from just two months. Are you serious?! You're just hater. We've had harsh criminal justice policies for the longest time. It's time to do something different.

Old 03-03-2020, 03:19 PM

19,131 posts, read 14,152,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post

New numbers from the police department show serious crimes were up sharply in the city over the first two months of the year.

According to the NYPD, robberies were up 35 percent from the first two months of 2019, and grand theft auto was up 64 percent.
The trend continues and WILL continue. Screw them, this is what they wanted, let them have it. Get a gun and carry it. As long as you have a permit to own the gun, it’s only a misdemeanor anyway. If you can’t beat them, join them. You still have the right to defend yourself from the scummers who currently enjoy the support of the majority of NY’ers.

I recently bought a new gun to carry that’s smaller and easier to conceal so that I never have to make the choice to go without any more due to clothing I might be wearing for dressy events.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-03-2020, 06:57 PM

3,823 posts, read 3,559,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
You can't make a judgement from just two months. Are you serious?! You're just hater. We've had harsh criminal justice policies for the longest time. It's time to do something different.
Lol

Old 03-03-2020, 07:50 PM

1,040 posts, read 688,148 times
It's true that 2 months is not a trend setter. Too early to tell , and correlation does not equal causation. Also murders and rapes are down.

But passing the bail reform was a bad idea. Boggles my mind.

Old 03-04-2020, 04:37 AM

450 posts, read 478,951 times
airborne you should make a guide and sticky it at the top of the forum on how a law abiding nyc citizen can arm themselves in this liberal cesspool. Personally, I refuse to jump through all the ridiculous hoops they make you go through like i'm some kind of caged circus monkey but others might find the guide helpful.

Old 03-04-2020, 04:44 AM

16,318 posts, read 7,035,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post

Opinion:
Hahahahaha.......you get what you vote for.......

Mayor Giuliani Rocks.........................

Old 03-04-2020, 04:46 AM

16,318 posts, read 7,035,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimgarbage View Post
airborne you should make a guide and sticky it at the top of the forum on how a law abiding nyc citizen can arm themselves in this liberal cesspool. Personally, I refuse to jump through all the ridiculous hoops they make you go through like i'm some kind of caged circus monkey but others might find the guide helpful.
Opinion: wear a T shirt that says "Stand back 50 feet. I've got the Corona Virus "......

Old 03-04-2020, 05:57 AM

19,131 posts, read 14,152,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimgarbage View Post
All that would lead to is more nonsense threads about how the NYC forum is "too conservative" for the "true" makeup of NYC.

But I like your thinking.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-04-2020, 07:21 AM

2,484 posts, read 1,261,540 times
My carry permit was issued on 12/15/1791, and never expires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City