Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 10:31 AM

19,078 posts, read 14,021,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
Would you rather they break into your home or mug you for money to buy heroin?

Most diabetics are getting their insulin delivered already or are able to pick it up.
Yes because I'd shoot them.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 01:02 PM

3,761 posts, read 3,490,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post

Most diabetics are getting their insulin delivered already or are able to pick it up.
For Free? Government funded? Show me where.

Old 05-26-2020, 01:53 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,376,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
You think Methadone is "help?"

It's just a slightly different drug.

Psilocybin is being studied to help treat alcohol addiction. There are treatment options out there with strong potential but this War on Drugs we have really does f*** things up towards progress. What we have to treat depression/PTSD, for example, is pretty ineffective. I can't comment on the effectiveness of methadone (have to research first) but if it's what's legal now and the best form of treatment available, then it's a step...though it may be nothing to write home about.

Old 05-26-2020, 02:29 PM

12 posts, read 6,269 times
You're comparing apples and oranges

1. There are many pharmacies that deliver medications to patients, its been strongly encouraged for patients to use them
2. Someone on Lisinopril for their blood pressure, picks up a few month supply that goes in the medicine cabinet and the patient takes a pill every day until they are due for a refill. Patients on methadone currently have to go into a clinic on a daily basis to get their dose. It isn't a medication that can be prescribed in nice large quantities to anyone, especially for people in treatment for addiction.

Old 05-26-2020, 02:56 PM

5,743 posts, read 2,641,695 times
Sadly people who go to methadone clinics for the most part are still addicts and mostly not productive members of society. Instead of being addicted to a illegal drug there are now addicted to a legal drug given to them daily.

I know someone who has been on methadone for over 20 years, has never held even a basic job, had a child by another methadone addict who killed himself, leaches of family and government programs. Her poor child is who I feel sorry for. Her, nope not at all. Shes stuck in this life, she will never amount to being a productive member of society. I pray her child can make it out okay.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:50 PM

3,761 posts, read 3,490,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostrand21 View Post
You're comparing apples and oranges

1. There are many pharmacies that deliver medications to patients, its been strongly encouraged for patients to use them
2. Someone on Lisinopril for their blood pressure, picks up a few month supply that goes in the medicine cabinet and the patient takes a pill every day until they are due for a refill. Patients on methadone currently have to go into a clinic on a daily basis to get their dose. It isn't a medication that can be prescribed in nice large quantities to anyone, especially for people in treatment for addiction.
You're missing the point. Who pays is the big point I am making.

Do meth addicts pay for Methadone? If not, why not?

Old 05-26-2020, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post

Meth addicts don't get Methadone.

Old 05-26-2020, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post

But opioid addicts pay for their treatment the same way anyone pays for any medical care, primarily through whatever insurance they have, be it private or Medicaid.

And I get you are on some idealistic tirade with no regard for any facts or evidence regarding the treatment or management of addiction, but on average, a year of methadone treatment, including therapy, comes out around $6500, which is significantly less than pretty much any sort of long term chronic treatment in medicine, let alone the cost to lock up a prisoner for a year (~$31,000). But go on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City