Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 10:10 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,251,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post
The drivers are out of control, there’s always accidents. Some idiots drive at 45 mph in the left lane then you have the crazy 90 mph drivers weaving in and out of traffic. There are frequent slow downs too so if you’re not paying attention then you’re at risk of rear ending.

Do police even pull cars over? I know there is a barely a shoulder from the Verrazano to sheepshead bay so I don’t see how that can be done so easily.
There’s often cops around the belt. I have to use the belt sometimes commuting to and from work and I often see cops pulling peeps over.

Funny enough I find it to be one of the nicer and better maintained highways in nyc (IMO cross Bronx, bqe, and FDR are all much worse than Belt). The drivers are another matter...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2020, 10:21 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,251,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse789 View Post
yea what's up with that???? is there a reason most of the left lane slow pokes are uber/lyft drivers???? Are they told to drive in the left lane??
The Uber/Lyft dudes don’t wanna waste gas so they are trying to cruise. Absolutely annoying.

Old 07-12-2020, 10:29 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,230,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
The Uber/Lyft dudes don’t wanna waste gas so they are trying to cruise. Absolutely annoying.
What’s wrong with trying to save gas and reduce carbon emissions? I thought you liberal progressive New Yorkers are pro-environment?

Old 07-12-2020, 10:44 AM

1,426 posts, read 727,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
There’s often cops around the belt. I have to use the belt sometimes commuting to and from work and I often see cops pulling peeps over.

Funny enough I find it to be one of the nicer and better maintained highways in nyc (IMO cross Bronx, bqe, and FDR are all much worse than Belt). The drivers are another matter...
There's usually cops on the Belt near Flatbush Avenue.

I love what they did with the Belt near Rockaway Parkway. I wish every highway in NYC is like that.

Last edited by Honda718; 07-12-2020 at 12:12 PM..

Old 07-12-2020, 03:07 PM

779 posts, read 1,004,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
What’s wrong with trying to save gas and reduce carbon emissions? I thought you liberal progressive New Yorkers are pro-environment?
Save all the gas you want, just do it in the proper lane. Theres rules to the road...

Old 07-12-2020, 03:29 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times
You don't save money going slow as uber drivers, you need to get there quick and get more fares. Time is money, gas is dirt cheap.

Yellow cabs never drive slow.

Old 07-12-2020, 03:31 PM

31,927 posts, read 27,007,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse789 View Post
yea what's up with that???? is there a reason most of the left lane slow pokes are uber/lyft drivers???? Are they told to drive in the left lane??
Most if not a good number of ride share drivers in NYC (especially Manhattan) are no better than jumped up recent immigrant taxi drivers. They barely know how to control a vehicle, don't know where the *F* they are going, and are ignorant of NY road laws.

You see them driving while staring down at GPS because they cannot figure out otherwise how to reach a street much less address. They drive wrong way down one way streets because a turn is a turn. They make U-turns anywhere or time they want to sort themselves out (went wrong way).

Bad as their driving skills are on city streets, their highway skills either suck or are downright dangerous.

They don't know how to merge, cannot be bothered to learn difference between middle, left and right lanes...

Was stuck behind some eegit Uber driver crawling along 79th going east towards FDR drive. We finally make the right turn and what does this guy do? Stops right on service lane almost causing major accident (almost rear ended this boob). So now this eegit is at a dead stop on service lane and isn't moving. He's staring down at his GPS with a "where the *F* am I?" look on his face. Only way to get round was to pass on his left into oncoming traffic early and hope people see/let you merge in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City