Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 03:19 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,721,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
New York is a dying state. NYC has been destroyed by DeBlasio and NY State by Cuomo and his band of followers. Why would a millionaire/billionaire want to live there?
Ask the 118 Billionaires,
De Blassio has been mayor since 2014, Cuomo since 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 03:23 PM

8,382 posts, read 4,405,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX_Fly View Post
I never said this was the reason why you bought a unit, and, from the amount of time you’ve had it, I can assume you didn’t buy it to make a profit and flip it. I was just stating facts and confirming that your pied à terre has definitely gained value and will probably keep going this direction so it’s all to your advantage. And yes it is relatively safe with all the essentials around, especially in the condo/co-op complex, you don’t even have leave it to run all your errands. The low rate of people identifying as white is also ironical, considering that after its completion, it had a “whites only” policy.
Also Starling Avenue has the best Bengladeshi food and products in the city.

Okay sorry, I misunderstood you. Yes, the Bangladeshis in Parkchester are awesome! They are good folks, a huge contribution to safety and general good vibe of Parkchester. There is this huge Bangladeshi household-items-and-whatnot variety store called GEM (not on Starling, but on Westchester Av)... if you are looking for any kind of cheap but useful item, and you can't actually find it there, then it does not exist anywhere in the world :-). Okay, but this is really unrelated to the subject of the thread (except that AOC also owns a condo in Parkchester. But I still don't support her, the idea to tax anyone 70% is insanity... I mean, a billionaire is already in the 37% IRS bracket, so what, they'll be paying a total of 107% in federal + state + NYC income tax? So that we can incentivize more teenage pregnancy, dropping out of school, drug trade, and violent crime in the city? :-).

Last edited by elnrgby; 07-22-2020 at 03:31 PM..

Old 07-22-2020, 06:25 PM

383 posts, read 174,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
Okay sorry, I misunderstood you. Yes, the Bangladeshis in Parkchester are awesome! They are good folks, a huge contribution to safety and general good vibe of Parkchester. There is this huge Bangladeshi household-items-and-whatnot variety store called GEM (not on Starling, but on Westchester Av)... if you are looking for any kind of cheap but useful item, and you can't actually find it there, then it does not exist anywhere in the world :-). Okay, but this is really unrelated to the subject of the thread (except that AOC also owns a condo in Parkchester. But I still don't support her, the idea to tax anyone 70% is insanity... I mean, a billionaire is already in the 37% IRS bracket, so what, they'll be paying a total of 107% in federal + state + NYC income tax? So that we can incentivize more teenage pregnancy, dropping out of school, drug trade, and violent crime in the city? :-).
If you tax people 70% that’s when people are going to start fleeing in droves.

Old 07-22-2020, 07:01 PM

4,160 posts, read 4,179,078 times
I just love these liberals always talk about taxing someone else. Lead by example and start cutting your 6 figures pay.

Old 07-23-2020, 07:02 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,094,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
I just love these liberals always talk about taxing someone else. Lead by example and start cutting your 6 figures pay.
Once the happens their tune will change drastically..

Old 07-23-2020, 07:20 AM

9,327 posts, read 16,676,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
Ask the 118 Billionaires,
De Blassio has been mayor since 2014, Cuomo since 2011
. Even the millionaires are leaving

https://nypost.com/2019/03/30/even-n...ensive-cities/

Old 07-23-2020, 11:27 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,721,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX_Fly View Post
If you tax people 70% that’s when people are going to start fleeing in droves.
the proposal wasn't as simple as that. It was tax 70% after the first 10 million

Old 07-23-2020, 12:07 PM

822 posts, read 777,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
the proposal wasn't as simple as that. It was tax 70% after the first 10 million
They will still leave. Almost no one in that tax bracket would stay in NY if that tax were in effect. They would simply move to NJ, CT or even further away.

Old 07-23-2020, 12:07 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,094,472 times
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Ted-Yoho.html

She can spin anything and make it about her brand.

On a twit she stated that ******* get things done. LOL. It's like the Cuomo bro calling himself Fredo and then flipping out when he was called Fredo.

Old 07-24-2020, 09:03 AM

3,351 posts, read 1,240,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
The Left attacked Dubya, McCain, Romney as viciously and unrelentingly as they do now with Trump. The Left may not “care for Dubya now” but they certainly has much warmer feelings for him and these other guys now that they spoke out against Trump. It shows their hypocrisy and you don’t like anyone bringing this up.

Last time I checked, almost all our exchanges result from you quoting and replying to my posts, so it looks more like you are the one choosing to disagree with me.
both sides are complete hypocrites and politicians on both sides are self serving corrupt scum. somehow they have convinced citizens to pick a side as though their side is great and noble.meanwhile the same people stay in power for decades enriching themselves and doing nothing for their voters.

yes the left always wants to tax tax tax more - never once will they actually spend money efficiently or intelligently and the right will also spend like drunken sailors with zero accountability.the entire thing is a disgrace all around.

Last edited by djohnslaw; 07-24-2020 at 09:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City