Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 07:11 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,554,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
Imagine wishing someone would die for spray painting a building...
thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2021, 07:22 PM

745 posts, read 481,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
Imagine wishing someone would die for spray painting a building...
People who have complete disregard for their own safety or that of others normally don't generate a lot of sympathy. What if someone else who actually works for a living or feeds the homeless had a medical emergency and needed those first responders, but they were tied up attending to this foolish person?

Old 04-03-2021, 07:41 PM

5,710 posts, read 2,627,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostSeniorinNJ View Post
People who have complete disregard for their own safety or that of others normally don't generate a lot of sympathy. What if someone else who actually works for a living or feeds the homeless had a medical emergency and needed those first responders, but they were tied up attending to this foolish person?
I agree. I don't wish anyone dead. Accept maybe my neighbor
What if the man would've fallen on one of the people that told him to get down and he snapped the guys neck when he fell and landed on him. His behavior was reckless and selfish.

Old 04-03-2021, 08:01 PM

19,066 posts, read 13,995,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
These were the same exact types to join Occupy Wall Street from a few years ago. Hanging out in downtown Manhattan in that flea ridden hobo camp and harassing anyone who wore a tie. In their mindset, anyone wearing a shirt and tie = rich, Wall Street broker. Conveniently ignoring the fact that most people wearing ties are not rich and just wear ties b/c they have to for jobs that have nothing to do with Wall Street like teacher (lot of schools down there), waiter (lot of restaurants too), government employee (lot of city and federal agencies in lower Manhattan too), etc.
Oh I know. I spent a bunch of time down there with those skells.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-03-2021, 08:01 PM

2,332 posts, read 1,036,082 times
Wishing him dead is a bit extreme. Much better for him to suffer life long injuries so he can reflect on his behavior every day of the rest of his life.

Old 04-03-2021, 08:27 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,243,102 times
Quote:
Wishing him dead is a bit extreme. Much better for him to suffer life long injuries so he can reflect on his behavior every day of the rest of his life.
And collect lifetime of disability payments haha

Old 04-03-2021, 09:40 PM

34,081 posts, read 17,134,198 times
Quote:
https://nypost.com/2021/04/02/protes...ils-miserably/

He wanted to spray paint the wall and the guards were yelling at him to come down. His friends were cheering him on until he fell. You can see all the blood on the sidewalk too. Injury looks pretty serious - from the comments by bystanders it sounds like he shattered his hip.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Old 04-03-2021, 11:04 PM

3,152 posts, read 2,746,875 times
Imagine even taking pleasure in someone's severe physical suffering. Anyone who would do that is far far more gone as a human being than some dumb idealistic kid who wants a better world. Sad.

(Or I guess some of you are just super invested in the paint on rich people's property, so much so that you put it above human life? The serf mentality on here is just amazing sometimes. All of you kneeling down in front of Jamie Dimon in hopes he'll toss you some crumbs.)

Old 04-04-2021, 06:04 AM

19,066 posts, read 13,995,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
thank you.
I gave up long ago being the "better person".

This kid very likely was one of the thousands of idiots who screamed over and over again that that wanted me dead. I'm simply returning the favor. Since he did it to himself anyway, I don't see the problem? When I jumped out of planes, had my parachute not opened, who's fault besides my own would it have been that I was suddenly in that situation?

One last point:

We're not allowed to see ourselves as the "better person" any more anyway. It's a sign of the various -isms and privileges that we're beat down with daily. So if I can't be better than anyone else, why should I go out of my way to act like it? Hmm.

These fools have been ravaging cities now for a year straight. If they Brooklyn Bridge collapsed on them, you're damn straight I'd be laughing hard enough to make scrambled eggs on my stomach.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-04-2021, 06:41 AM

6,485 posts, read 3,173,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostSeniorinNJ View Post
I agree. And this drivel about "it's just spray painting a building". BS!!!! It's more rightfully called DEFACING a building, SOMEONE ELSE'S BUILDING. If it's not yours, don't touch it. Didn't these kid's parents teach them anything??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: