Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 10:41 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,033,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
no, its completely correct.

If you have a crime problem the only way to solve it is to remove the criminals from society. If you have a problem with violence, the only waybyo solve it is to remove the violent from society. The rest is worthless political window dressing.
The example I provided above is proof that good old fashioned police work can produce solid results. Who would've guessed that the 101st Airborne, an elite group of paratroopers, are involved in a sideline of GUN RUNNING?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2021, 10:51 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,721,215 times
what are the primary ways illegal guns get into New York City?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
How do illegals get to nyc? How do drugs get here? Theres your answer.
no that us hair brained

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
no, its completely correct.

If you have a crime problem the only way to solve it is to remove the criminals from society. If you have a problem with violence, the only waybyo solve it is to remove the violent from society. The rest is worthless political window dressing.
So the method that illegal immigrants use to come to New York is the key to the way illegal handguns are smuggled. I guess I overlooked this insightful analysis

Last edited by jonbenson; 05-13-2021 at 12:00 PM..

Old 05-13-2021, 11:54 AM

15,867 posts, read 14,495,108 times
I thinking more in terms of the drugs. A lot of the people involved in one business are probably involved in the other. In point of fact the drug cartels are also deeply involved in illegal alien smuggling, so there's probably no shortage of overlap there either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
So the method that illegal immigrants use to come to New York is the key to the way illegal handguns are smuggled. I guess I overlooked this insightful analysis

Old 05-14-2021, 10:08 AM

82 posts, read 40,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
What happens in NYC was open carry? Then the criminals use bigger rapid firing guns.
St Louis for instance allows long guns with a permit. So in some neighborhoods it's common to see people with rifles. One person gets a legal permit. Then they pass the gun to other people who don't
What are you even talking about? Do you think there's some sort of long gun crime epidemic in St. Louis (or anywhere in the country for that matter)?

Old 05-15-2021, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatpants View Post
What are you even talking about? Do you think there's some sort of long gun crime epidemic in St. Louis (or anywhere in the country for that matter)?
Gun crimes in St. Louis have been 34% long guns.
In some neighborhoods rifle brandishing is so common police don't have time to check people brandishing to see if they have permits.

That could happen in New York is laws were to change. Gangs would be hanging out in the street and they would have one person with no record who has a permit so it would be legal.
Then when some gang war is going on the rifle gets passed to someone without a permit.
That is the type of thing that goes on in St. Louis

Old 05-15-2021, 04:02 AM

16,093 posts, read 6,863,630 times
Response: Opinion

In all my life I have never encountered Good People either attempting sell or completing the sale of illegal guns to other Good People in public.
In all my life I have encountered Bad People either attempting to sell or completing the sale of illegal guns to other Bad People in public.

Old 05-15-2021, 04:18 AM

106,734 posts, read 108,937,910 times
It used to be done all the time when we had the gun and knife shows in Yonkers and westchester center .

There are loads of things you won’t see unless you go to areas or places where things transpire.when you have no interest in something it is easy not to know or see what goes on

Old 05-15-2021, 04:47 AM

6,465 posts, read 3,160,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Insidious way to shift the focus from the perps to the guns. Guns are inanimate objects. They get here through the criminals acts of humans who are now receiving every possible protection the politicians of NY can muster.
Bingo!!! 100% correct....I have yet to see a gun shoot anything, all by itself. They're also shifting responsibility from the perp to the victim ....we're in for a tough ride!

Old 05-15-2021, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Bingo!!! 100% correct....I have yet to see a gun shoot anything, all by itself. They're also shifting responsibility from the perp to the victim ....we're in for a tough ride!
You may think illegal guns are not a problem but they are. They make it a lot easier to kill people and it can be done many yards away from the victim, a big danger to police and civilians.

Old 05-15-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
It used to be done all the time when we had the gun and knife shows in Yonkers and westchester center .
So if someone was at the show would you see anything shady going on?

I assume that would go on away from the premises after the purchase
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City