Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 05:58 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times

Advertisements

This is the first week I have noticed A LOT more people in business attire in the city.

I am so glad I have never worked from home. Home is my work free space.

My husband's company also has no information but he is hoping they do a hybrid schedule in the future. He would like to go back to the office 1-2x/week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2021, 10:12 AM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
My workplace is starting to discuss what's in store for us. There's a possibility that those who wish to be at the office will be able to do so. I'm in! I don't care if I'll be the only one there. I've worked many late nights at the office when it was just me and the night custodian coming in to clean up. I can't wait to remove all work related items from my apt and have my desk and living room back to the way it was before all this started. I live only 7 blocks away so I hardly have a commute.

I'm going to be the first to return back fully and I already have colleagues asking me if I can water their plants since I'll be there. lol.

Old 05-20-2021, 10:24 AM

5,662 posts, read 2,602,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post

I'm going to be the first to return back fully and I already have colleagues asking me if I can water their plants since I'll be there. lol.
I hate to break it to you but I doubt they survived since last March if they haven't been watered

Old 05-20-2021, 10:28 AM

1,034 posts, read 445,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
My workplace is starting to discuss what's in store for us. There's a possibility that those who wish to be at the office will be able to do so. I'm in! I don't care if I'll be the only one there. I've worked many late nights at the office when it was just me and the night custodian coming in to clean up. I can't wait to remove all work related items from my apt and have my desk and living room back to the way it was before all this started. I live only 7 blocks away so I hardly have a commute.

I've been coming into the office since last June about 4 days a week
t's just me and a few others in an office that used to house 150+. It's glorious.

Old 05-20-2021, 01:11 PM

173 posts, read 147,075 times
Looking like I'll be back in the office in a few weeks. Looking forward to it

Old 05-20-2021, 06:54 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I hate to break it to you but I doubt they survived since last March if they haven't been watered
Oh, those of us who have keys (me being one of them) had access even way back in March to come in to water plants and take things from the office. We just couldn't come in altogether and plop down to do a full day of work but since I'll be returning full time, those who are opting to wfh asked me if it wasn't too much trouble to water their plants saving them a trip. I don't mind. I find taking care of plants soothing. And I don't mind having the whole place to myself either but it seems like I'll have company. Those who live in Manhattan are planning to come in full time. It's those who are outer borough or in NJ/CT or White Plains that'll be wfh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City