Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 09:05 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,234,555 times

Advertisements

I plan to wear a mask inside mass transit forever.

Old 05-28-2021, 12:32 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Uh, he's saying exactly what I'm saying...

"If you are going into a completely crowded situation where people are essentially falling all over each other, then you wear a mask," Fauci said. That's the same thing as large crowds.
Yeah I guess a sweaty train is not crowded enough for some posters

Old 05-29-2021, 02:36 PM

34 posts, read 30,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
My routine has not changed since this started. When I'm out for a stroll outside where I can socially distance, no mask. If I'm around crowds of people outdoors where I can't, I wear a mask, and wear a mask using public transit as required and when indoors in places like supermarkets or whatever. In Whole Foods, I wipe down my shopping cart with disinfectant wipes, which quite frankly should be done (pandemic or not). For me, I just know that people are disgusting in general, like all of the men on my floor that go in the bathroom in our office building, do their business and don't wash their hands, so better to be safe than sorry, not just with COVID, but in general. Still go to restaurants and eat outside too where there is air circulating.

A few months ago, I confronted a guy in our men's bathroom in our office building who did his business and did not think he needed to flush. I told him are you nuts? He makes up some story. I insisted he flush and only then did he agree to do so. Unreal. People are nasty in this City and in general, so yeah, I will continue to mask up, not because I'm terrified of COVID, but because of peoples' disgusting habits in general.
I wholeheartedly agree with you, especially dudes not washing their hands after using the bathroom then they slapping fives and hugging and kissing women. smh

Old 05-29-2021, 02:49 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5mser View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with you, especially dudes not washing their hands after using the bathroom then they slapping fives and hugging and kissing women. smh
Every time I have to shake some guy's hand that come to the office or I meet at a business networking event, that crosses my mind. Thank God for Zoom meetings.

Old 05-29-2021, 04:45 PM

3,477 posts, read 1,403,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
I plan to wear a mask inside mass transit forever.

I, personally, think that's ok because I'm pretty sure that's where I used to get all my colds and flus back during the pre-pandemic days. Being packed like sardines with a bunch of strangers, many of whom lack basic hygiene, is probably the easiest way to catch a virus.

Though really, I honestly believe that wearing masks protects you from spreading your germs moreso than protecting you from catching something. And that's why many stores mandate it. Because with the 2 week incubation period with Covid, any person could have the virus and not know it and spread it. So by mandating people to wear masks, it stops the spread should someone be infected. So ideally, EVERYONE on the train needs to wear a mask for the best protection, not just select people.

Old 05-29-2021, 05:59 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,234,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5mser View Post
What?!?!?! Tell me that’s not true.

I wash my hands before and after bathroom!

Old 05-29-2021, 08:36 PM

3,130 posts, read 2,724,468 times
Men. do not. wash their hands. Not even a courtesy pass under the running water. It's gross.

I think I'm going to wear a mask from now on when I have a cold or similar. I already won't shake people's hands or get too close when I'm sick, and no one thinks that's weird. It seems like a good custom to adopt from the East Asian countries.

Old 05-30-2021, 11:23 AM

15,822 posts, read 14,463,105 times
At some point, the city will have to pass a law banning mask wearing. It makes it to easy for the criminals to hide their faces from security cameras.

Old 05-30-2021, 12:46 PM

2,981 posts, read 1,164,508 times
For some reason they still have those stay at home PSA commercials on tv!

Old 05-30-2021, 01:27 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,879,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Though really, I honestly believe that wearing masks protects you from spreading your germs moreso than protecting you from catching something.
No, masks protect you by lowering the viral load you ingest from others thereby giving your immune system time to mount a response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: