Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 08:06 AM

8,732 posts, read 11,145,171 times

Advertisements

Will Cuomo be there to boost his book sales?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2021, 11:32 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,641,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
But wait aren't they still telling us to socially distance?
Not if you're vaxxed

Old 06-15-2021, 12:24 PM

19,109 posts, read 14,112,073 times
If I was mayor I would throw a ticker tape parade for all the protestors who who bought me a sick jetski and boosted my retirement funding beyond what I thought was ever going to be possible!

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-16-2021, 06:39 PM

8,945 posts, read 4,819,890 times
Funeral Industry Workers Feel "Forgotten" By NYC After Being Left Out Of Heroes Parade.
Let them march.

https://gothamist.com/news/funeral-i...7b2c4-91331958

Throughout the pandemic, Mayor Bill de Blasio continually talked about how the first thing the city would do to mark its reopening, once it was safe to do so, would be to throw a parade to honor the first responders, essential workers and everyday New Yorkers who stepped up to help out during the crisis. And this week, he finally announced that parade is happening: the "Hometown Heroes" ticket tape parade will take place at 11 a.m. on July 7th along the Canyon Of Heroes in Manhattan. But among the groups signaled out for recognition, there was one glaring omission: funeral workers and other people in the funeral services industry.

Old 06-16-2021, 06:40 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,032,535 times
this is nothing but a way for the mayor and the governor to get people back to spending. They couldn't care less about front line workers.

Old 06-17-2021, 12:04 AM

644 posts, read 310,434 times
That's a Wednesday. Guess where most frontline workers will be. Working. It's probably just going to be a parade for everyone else to pat themselves on the back for honoring them.

Also... educators?! They better invite the teachers that actually showed up. Catholic school teachers, for example. And they better not forget staff - the lunch crews and custodians never left the schools, not even last spring. And if Randi Weingarten shows up, the whole thing is officially a joke.

Old 06-22-2021, 10:25 AM

https://www.thecity.nyc/2021/6/21/22...t-honorees-say

De Blasio’s Pandemic Heroes Parade Could Use a Clear Invite List ‘Honorees’ Say

With just over two weeks until a “Canyon of Heroes” salute to essential workers who kept the city going through the pandemic, some honorees said they’re still unclear on their place in the parade.

While City Hall has said retail, bodega and transportation workers will be among the groups represented on floats in the July 7 “Hometown Heroes” parade from Battery Park to City Hall, leaders of organizations that represent food-delivery workers and transit workers on Monday said organizers had yet to contact them.

“Rain or shine, rain, sleet or snow, during heatwaves, we deliver to people who can’t or won’t leave their homes or offices, to sometimes great personal sacrifice,” said Sergio Ajche, a delivery worker and leader of Los Deliveristas Unidos, a group of food delivery workers formed during the pandemic. “And I personally would like to have that work honored.”

Old 06-22-2021, 11:01 AM

2,480 posts, read 1,252,704 times
The ladies at my local C-Town deserve a parade, and a raise. They have been working non stop throughout this whole thing.

Much braver than teaching all day in front of a bunch of masked up kids.

Old 06-22-2021, 01:32 PM

I agree! I'm so thankful of the handful of small-ish grocery stores that remained open even during the height of the pandemic (late March thru all of April of last year) when all the big, major supermarkets closed all at once during the last week of March. I owe them big time otherwise, I would've had to make the trek and stand on the impossible lines at the local BJ's. I had them on mind when de Blasio announced this parade. I hope they get to march! (if they wish to).

Old 06-22-2021, 02:06 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,742,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
If I was mayor I would throw a ticker tape parade for all the protestors who who bought me a sick jetski and boosted my retirement funding beyond what I thought was ever going to be possible!

It wasn't the just the protestors it was all the tax payers

we all gave you your great retirement package

you won
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: