Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 09:16 AM

4,196 posts, read 4,081,883 times

Advertisements

I say suspicious because it is a fairly new Corolla with Pennsylvania plates parked over a day facing in the wrong direction. I haven’t seen it before and it is parked in front of a vacant house. I wouldn’t have noticed it except for being parked facing the wrong way. It looks like someone may have dumped the car and took off but I don’t know for sure. It has only a rear license plate which may be ok in PA and there is no registration sticker other than two that only display dates but no vehicle information. At what point is it worth reporting to 311?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2021, 09:26 AM

34,076 posts, read 47,269,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
I say suspicious because it is a fairly new Corolla with Pennsylvania plates parked over a day facing in the wrong direction. I haven’t seen it before and it is parked in front of a vacant house. I wouldn’t have noticed it except for being parked facing the wrong way. It looks like someone may have dumped the car and took off but I don’t know for sure. It has only a rear license plate which may be ok in PA and there is no registration sticker other than two that only display dates but no vehicle information. At what point is it worth reporting to 311?
Call Pennsylvania and tell them to take it back

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-19-2021, 12:08 PM

1,418 posts, read 724,319 times
Pennsylvania only issues 1 license plate for the rear end of a vehicle. You could also park your vehicle in either direction regardless of what side of the street your on. It's likely the driver is not aware that's not the case in NYC.

Could belong to someone visiting family nearby .

Old 06-19-2021, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
Pennsylvania only issues 1 license plate for the rear end of a vehicle. You could also park your vehicle in either direction regardless of what side of the street your on. It's likely the driver is not awear that's not the case in NYC.

Could belong to someone visiting family nearby .
Yeah, I figured it was one plate. I didn’t know that it’s ok in PA to park like that so that makes sense. They would get a ticket here if parking enforcement ever showed up. Thanks for the info.

Old 06-19-2021, 01:02 PM

34,076 posts, read 47,269,417 times
Meh

Maybe its their first time ever

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-19-2021, 04:25 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,465,218 times
Lol almost any PA plate seen in NYC is dirty. If ive learned anything on this job its that. When i answer 311s for abandoned vehicles id say 40% have PA plates. 20% have BS paper temp plates the reat have plates from TX, VA, WA and GA

Old 06-22-2021, 12:47 PM

2,465 posts, read 2,761,880 times
I'm a PA resident- we also aren't required to display registration on the windshield like NY. They issue you a card and that's it.

Old 06-22-2021, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
I'm a PA resident- we also aren't required to display registration on the windshield like NY. They issue you a card and that's it.
Thanks for the info. The car left after a day and a half. It just caught my eye being parked in the wrong direction for over a day. Sometimes people will do that here if they are making a quick stop but not park that way for a day, and it wasn’t a car that’s usually parked on the block.

Old 06-22-2021, 02:11 PM

1,046 posts, read 469,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Thanks for the info. The car left after a day and a half. It just caught my eye being parked in the wrong direction for over a day. Sometimes people will do that here if they are making a quick stop but not park that way for a day, and it wasn’t a car that’s usually parked on the block.
I'm not a driver so I'm having a hard time visualizing this but how do you drive down a one way street and wind up parking in the wrong direction? Unless this is a two way street?

Old 06-22-2021, 02:27 PM

262 posts, read 150,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisky View Post
I'm not a driver so I'm having a hard time visualizing this but how do you drive down a one way street and wind up parking in the wrong direction? Unless this is a two way street?
i'm guessing OP is in Queens, as there are a lot of these narrow two way residential streets that barely fit two cars wide (and aren't divided by a double yellow line). i dont think bronx or brooklyn have these kind of streets; i feel almost all residential blocks are one way in those boroughs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City