Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 08:07 AM

5,208 posts, read 4,666,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
What's it to you?

If you're afraid of COVID then get the vaccine, or take Ivermectin

Or just get an N95 or N99 Mask and you're good to go
Maybe you guys can go around wearing buttons that say, I took Ivermectin so I can know who to avoid.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...hical-concerns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2021, 08:18 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,264,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psi2007 View Post
. . . There needs to be a police presence on the subways and buses. What happened to the goon squads that used to come on the SBS buses? They need to get on all buses. People are acting as if there are no rules or regulations.
The majority of the police I've seen also aren't wearing masks in the subway system and don't seem to be interested in getting others too--so that ship has sailed.

Old 07-19-2021, 08:21 AM

1,757 posts, read 2,144,336 times
Stay in your house, it's scary out in the real world

Old 07-19-2021, 08:49 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Maybe you guys can go around wearing buttons that say, I took Ivermectin so I can know who to avoid.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...hical-concerns
Not sure what your point is in posting that article. It's insane how much disinformation special interests are trying to spread to stop the widespread adoption of a dirt cheap and extensively tested medication

Old 07-19-2021, 07:53 PM

309 posts, read 900,289 times
Default Thus masks Einstein!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Covid is an airborne virus and masks make no difference, hth
Thank you for your scientific input.

Old 07-19-2021, 08:14 PM

The science says the virus is transmitted by airborne droplets (breath). I'm vaccinated but still wear my mask when I may be ANYWHERE near other people like trains, buses, and in stores. I haven't yet been to a movie theater but I hope to go soon.
I wear a mask when I visit my 100 year old mother but still haven't hugged her. I place my sanitized hand on her shoulder when I leave and remind her that I love her. I go out almost every day to shop or dine out (mostly alone). It's selfish to go unmasked even if you're vaccinated. That just means you are not likely to be hospitalized or die but why gamble right now?
No one wants to feel forced to do anything but look how far we've come since last year.

Old 07-19-2021, 08:16 PM

Default Not staying in my house. Mask up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Stay in your house, it's scary out in the real world
I'm vaccinated, sanitized, masked up, and intrepid.

Old 07-19-2021, 08:21 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Covid is an airborne virus and masks make no difference, hth
no logic here

COVID being airborne is the reason TO wear a mask

Last edited by jonbenson; 07-19-2021 at 08:34 PM..

Old 07-19-2021, 08:24 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psi2007 View Post
The science says the virus is transmitted by airborne droplets (breath). I'm vaccinated but still wear my mask when I may be ANYWHERE near other people like trains, buses, and in stores. I haven't yet been to a movie theater but I hope to go soon.
I wear a mask when I visit my 100 year old mother but still haven't hugged her. I place my sanitized hand on her shoulder when I leave and remind her that I love her. I go out almost every day to shop or dine out (mostly alone). It's selfish to go unmasked even if you're vaccinated. That just means you are not likely to be hospitalized or die but why gamble right now?
No one wants to feel forced to do anything but look how far we've come since last year.
I got vaccinated in large part so I woukdnt have to wear a mask for the most part
I intend to wear them on the train bc it is the rule but I realize at this points it's pretty much pointless since most people in NYC are vaccinated and half the people on the train aren't wearing a mask on the train anyway

I can absolutely understand you wearing one around your 100 year old mother

Old 07-19-2021, 09:30 PM

3,480 posts, read 1,403,459 times
I'm so sick and tired of this crap where people are so scared of maskless people and still living in fear when we have a very easy solution... GET VACCINATED!! It's really that simple. If you choose not to, then stop living in fear and expecting others to change their lifestyle for you. You chose not to get vaccinated and contribute to the prolonging of this pandemic, so too bad. Deal with the maskless people in the same way we are dealing with your stubbornness not to get vaccinated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City