Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 07:30 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,935,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
That's the issue. People expect others to wear a mask. I've been given dirty looks a few times as well as one of my neighbors who gave me crap for not wearing one. That's the thing that upsets me. It can't be a personal choice. We have to do what others want us to do!

I have a feeling I may have to just wear one just to avoid getting crap from people. My choice of not wearing a mask is not meant to pick a fight, but people make it so. Very frustrating!
Move to Texas...

Problem solved!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2021, 07:32 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,935,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
What attitude, not wearing a mask?

You think any of these masks are going to stop the expelling of the delta variant from your breath? No chance

The masks don't do squat
If masks don't do squat why do medical professionals at every Doctors office still wear KF94 as well as surgical masks

Old 07-22-2021, 07:45 PM

1,169 posts, read 891,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
If masks don't do squat why do medical professionals at every Doctors office still wear KF94 as well as surgical masks
The average mask does NOT do crap. However, a professional surgeon's mask or a medical professional's N95 is very different than what the average person wears.

I do not wear one on the subway. It is a great feeling seeing more and more not wearing one either. Many transit police officers stopped wearing them too.

Old 07-22-2021, 10:18 PM

3,376 posts, read 1,264,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
The average mask does NOT do crap. However, a professional surgeon's mask or a medical professional's N95 is very different than what the average person wears.

I do not wear one on the subway. It is a great feeling seeing more and more not wearing one either. Many transit police officers stopped wearing them too.
exactly this. most people wear garbage masks (often incorrectly) and think they're stopping covid.it's absurd that we're 17 months in and this is still going on.

Old 07-23-2021, 05:47 AM

5,968 posts, read 3,080,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
exactly this. most people wear garbage masks (often incorrectly) and think they're stopping covid.it's absurd that we're 17 months in and this is still going on.
People mostly wore masks so they wouldn’t get bothered.

Old 07-23-2021, 07:38 AM

3,571 posts, read 1,474,992 times
Quote:
Incorrect.

COVID Vaccines do not prevent infection.

They only prevent hospitalization and death.

They don't protect against long COVID. They do not protect against secondary pneumonia.

Wow, that is certainly the complete opposite of what all the health experts are saying. Glad you know more.

Old 07-23-2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:

So when medical professional wear masks, you assume they are effective in stopping Covid. But then when medical professionals say to get vaccinated, you don't want to get vaccinated?? Am I missing something?

I have no objection if you want to wear a mask. My beef is people not getting vaccinated. People are believing so much misinformation when all the doctors are clearly emphasizing the strong effectiveness of the vaccines! The masks are not a substitute for the vaccine.

Last edited by TheWiseShopper; 07-23-2021 at 08:22 AM..

Old 07-23-2021, 10:53 AM

5,968 posts, read 3,080,816 times
Quote:
So when medical professional wear masks, you assume they are effective in stopping Covid. But then when medical professionals say to get vaccinated, you don't want to get vaccinated?? Am I missing something?

I have no objection if you want to wear a mask. My beef is people not getting vaccinated. People are believing so much misinformation when all the doctors are clearly emphasizing the strong effectiveness of the vaccines! The masks are not a substitute for the vaccine.
Hold on. So opioid crisis, over medication, big pharma is bad.
Rushed vaccine with yet to be proven long term effects, big pharmacy is good ?

Old 07-23-2021, 10:58 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,541,173 times
Quote:
Wow, that is certainly the complete opposite of what all the health experts are saying. Glad you know more.

"All the health experts"
"The science says"

lmao. Ok. That's what you read. Other people read different things. Sometimes they're right. Sometimes you're right. No one has a monopoly on the truth.

17 months in and I'm pretty well experienced with the type of person still running around crying about Covid. The vast majority are either people in high-risk groups (who should be staying home instead of insisting that the world cater to THEM) or my political enemies, and I really don't care what happens to my enemies.

Old 07-23-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Hold on. So opioid crisis, over medication, big pharma is bad.
Rushed vaccine with yet to be proven long term effects, big pharmacy is good ?

Um what? MILLIONS of people have taken the vaccine. You're not the first one in line to get the shot. What more proof do people need that it's safe? Goodness, and I thought I was a whimp. But I took the vaccine with little hesitancy. I don't understand what people are so scared about. This is no different than any other shot you've taken in your lifetime.

And no this was not a "rushed vaccine." The only reason why vaccines take a long time is because vaccine development goes through a three-phase process, all of which are costly so they're usually done one at a time. But due to the urgency of the pandemic, more money was invested and the three phases were done simultaneously. No corners were cut with these Covid vaccines.

Goodness, didn't any of you listen to Dr. Fauci at all during these past 17 month? He's the best health expert to listen to and he's been giving clear-cut answers and advice during this pandemic that would behoove all of you to listen to.

Last edited by TheWiseShopper; 07-23-2021 at 11:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City