Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 08:05 AM

1,034 posts, read 449,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Sorry this was meant for NYC Forum.

If you lived here and saw all of the illegal plates everyday you would better understand.

100% of people I see daily with fake license plates are not white.
There was a raid on illegal paper plates in South Brooklyn a few weeks back.Theie included up a few neighborhoods including Mill Basin (95%+ white) and Canarsie (95%+ black). Guess where the vast majority of the fake plates were found?

Loaded white people in Mill Basin aren't running fake paper plates. I'm sure there's way more white collar crime in Mill Basin but it's clear who's running most of the fake plates in the city.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....se-plates/amp/

Quote:
The NYC sheriff’s operation “CON-Temporary” seized almost 50 vehicles with fake paper plates in a few hours, most coming from the Canarsie area.[
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2021, 09:10 AM

12,792 posts, read 8,350,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Sorry this was meant for NYC Forum.

If you lived here and saw all of the illegal plates everyday you would better understand.

100% of people I see daily with fake license plates are not white.
I have to agree. Most of them that I see are Hispanics, especially in Manhattan, followed by Blacks. I'm surprised that the numbers for Blacks are that high because I see so many Hispanics with phony paper plates. There was an article about it about Inwood. Seems the Dominicans are big on it. That said they did recently have that sting in Canarsie, which is a heavily Black area, so it must be more local.

https://nyc.streetsblog.org/2019/06/...ming-nyc-easy/

https://nypost.com/2021/07/16/nyc-sh...icense-plates/

Old 08-08-2021, 09:23 AM

And then there is this... As I said, the Dominicans are the kings in this area. lol

https://nypost.com/2021/08/05/used-c...se-plate-scam/

Old 08-08-2021, 09:40 AM

34,178 posts, read 47,465,420 times
All you guys care about are the fake plates? Where are they getting the cars?

“Once we discover the true owner, then the true owner will get noticed,” he exclusively told The Post during the operation. “And then the true owner will have to come in and show that their vehicle is properly registered.”

Either way you're not getting around the VIN

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-08-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post

“Once we discover the true owner, then the true owner will get noticed,” he exclusively told The Post during the operation. “And then the true owner will have to come in and show that their vehicle is properly registered.”

I've been following this since this nonsense started as I've been seeing these VERY high-end cars around Manhattan, with either fake paper plates or NO plates at all and tinted windows to obscure who is riding. Then when you see who is driving, they are usually these young hoodlum type guys that don't like they even work, so where are they getting money to afford a $70 - 80,000 car from? We're talking the higher end BMW's, Audi's, etc. BRAND new.

From what I have read, they are obtaining them by renting them. Someone gets these cars, the person rents them, then gets the paper plates for them. I saw a guy last year in New Jersey, with a very high-end Mercedes SUV. We're driving down the street near Paramus. He comes right around us and a bunch of other cars FLYING in the lane with oncoming traffic. These people don't have licenses, drive recklessly, often engage in street racing and then flee when they are in accidents since it isn't really their car. I said they rent them, but the cars are not obtained through legal means, and as I said, they don't have insurance. That is exactly why they need to get these cars and drivers off of the road, as some of these guys are definitely drug dealers or are involved in violent crimes such as murder and are known gang members, which has also been noted by the NYPD, mostly Hispanic from what I have seen and read.

Did you see the guy on Fordham Road? High-end customized Mercedes Benz. Supposedly was being pulled over for smoking weed and tinted windows. If that was the only reason, why the need to flee literally on the sidewalk? Likely other more serious illegal means... Oh, and they just got Mr. Francisco Padilla... Another Hispanic guy...

https://bronx.news12.com/video-car-i...n-fordham-road

https://nypost.com/2021/08/06/wild-v...-in-cop-chase/

Old 08-08-2021, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I've been following this since this nonsense started as I've been seeing these VERY high-end cars around Manhattan, with either fake paper plates or NO plates at all and tinted windows to obscure who is riding. Then when you see who is driving, they are usually these young hoodlum type guys that don't like they even work, so where are they getting money to afford a $70 - 80,000 car from? We're talking the higher end BMW's, Audi's, etc. BRAND new.

From what I have read, they are obtaining them by renting them. Someone gets these cars, the person rents them, then gets the paper plates for them. I saw a guy last year in New Jersey, with a very high-end Mercedes SUV. We're driving down the street near Paramus. He comes right around us and a bunch of other cars FLYING in the lane with oncoming traffic. These people don't have licenses, drive recklessly, often engage in street racing and then flee when they are in accidents since it isn't really their car. I said they rent them, but the cars are not obtained through legal means, and as I said, they don't have insurance. That is exactly why they need to get these cars and drivers off of the road, as some of these guys are definitely drug dealers or are involved in violent crimes such as murder and are known gang members, which has also been noted by the NYPD, mostly Hispanic from what I have seen and read.

Did you see the guy on Fordham Road? High-end customized Mercedes Benz. Supposedly was being pulled over for smoking weed and tinted windows. If that was the only reason, why the need to flee literally on the sidewalk? Likely other more serious illegal means... Oh, and they just got Mr. Francisco Padilla... Another Hispanic guy...

https://bronx.news12.com/video-car-i...n-fordham-road

https://nypost.com/2021/08/06/wild-v...-in-cop-chase/
Ahh, rentals! That makes sense. This isn't a topic I follow. You know what, when I'm out and about If I see any paper plates I'm going to pay attention to what type of car it is (to see if most are luxury).

Smh, thinking it through, at the end of the day somebody's credit is getting screwed probably

I saw the Fordham Road stuff, lol.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:56 AM

3,862 posts, read 3,169,216 times
I'm surprised nobody touched the subject of fake /fraudulently obtained nypd,fdny,dot,mta,board of ed dash plates everyone seems to get away with.

No checks,investigations,nada! Park wherever they please, like a hydrant all night long! Even. A mini badge in some BS wallet gets a pass... humm, white privalage?

Old 08-08-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo Gibby View Post
Putting it in the NYC forum wouldn't have deterred me from responding, so no apology needed. I based my comments upon the article you cited, and I'll stand by my statement that the skewed numbers need to be investigated. If most of these "possession of a forged instrument" charges do, indeed, stem from fake paper license plates, then that says that the police are pulling over these people when they see them regardless of race/ethnicity. OTOH, if the charges stem from other things like Metrocards or fake IDs, then that raises more questions.

Aside from that, are these paper license plates coming from out of state? AFAIK, NYS doesn't issue temporary plates. The closest NYS has is dealer plates. You get your butt down to the local DMV along with your paperwork (or the car dealer does it for you) and they print up your new registration on the spot to go with the genuine license plates that they hand to you over the counter. Does the DMV in NYC operate differently? I live near the Pennsylvania border, and know that PA issues paper plates because it takes months to get your permanent ones. I think maybe Vermont or Massachusetts also issues paper temps.
No temp plates in NY. That's why when you buy a car here, you pay $700 in dealers fees, that covers your plate, registration and title. You drive off with your temp registration and new official plate (or old plate if you're trading in and don't want a new plate). The official registration and title then arrives in the mail a few weeks later. I honestly don't see why other states even do temp plates to begin with.

Old 08-08-2021, 01:17 PM

15,882 posts, read 14,546,979 times
What percentage of these crimes are committed by blacks and hispanics? It probably closely matches the number arrested for them. The police and other civilians need to get right up in the face of the phony "racial justice" groups and call them out for what they are, pro criminal sympathizers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo Gibby View Post
So, for almost 1700 cases when this crime ("possession of a forged instrument" like a forged license plate, a doctored MetroCard, parking permit and/or fake IDs) was the highest charge, 58% of the people charged were Blacks and another 33% were Hispanics. That's 91% of the people charged with this crime were Blacks or Hispanics although Blacks and Hispanics make up about 52% of the NYC population.

Sorry boys and girls, but this isn't a frivolous complaint. It deserves to be investigated because of the disparity in the numbers. It may be that most of these arrests are coming out of the police hunting gang members because of the recent spike in violence -- which would likely be in minority neighborhoods with high violence rates -- or it could be something else more sinister. It needs to be investigated.

Old 08-08-2021, 01:22 PM

1,034 posts, read 449,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post

They buy the car in Texas/NJ etc. But never apply for NY (or any other) registration. The people driving are the true owners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: