Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 08:39 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,273,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
How can I even discuss different cultures with someone who has so little exposure to them

I’ll shut this down real quick

Go take a look at the title of this thread

Tell me the last time you’ve walked around there
You still haven't answered the question and I understand why. You're statement was and is utterly ridiculous.You're the master of ridiculous and nonsensical statements.

Should I ask you when the last time you walked around Howard Beach or Mill Basin? What does that prove exactly? This is NYC. Every neighborhood is literally 0.5sq miles or less and adjacent neighborhoods are often times vastly different in demographic make-up.

I'm more familiar with Flatbush (and "East Flatbush") than you are. I can almost guarantee that as a fact.

Old 06-17-2022, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Keep it up, you're looking great out here
I'll patiently wait for an answer to the original question.

Old 06-17-2022, 10:31 PM

Quote:
OK insular guy
I identify as non-binary actually.

Old 06-18-2022, 02:21 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,416,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
I personally couldn't care less. Thry can name the entire city "Little Haiti" for all I care. The Haitians I've met have all been very respectful and hard working people. However, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder coming from the poorest country in the western hemisphere.

I also come from a very poor country (by European standards). Thankfully, I'm here and not there and now I'm an American. I couldn't care less about the country where I was born.
No we have a chip because of low iQ comments coming from threads like this. No Haitian comes here with a chip on their shoulder. Clearly you are confused. You said they were respectful and hardworking and then said they have a chip on their shoulder.

So which one is it?

Old 06-18-2022, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
No we have a chip because of low iQ comments coming from threads like this. No Haitian comes here with a chip on their shoulder. Clearly you are confused. You said they were respectful and hardworking and then said they have a chip on their shoulder.

So which one is it?
I claimed that you, a specific individual, seems to have a chip on your shoulder with regard to people speaking negatively (or just voicing the truth) of Haiti.

I didn't claim all Hatians have chips on their shoulders. Do you represent the entire Hatian nation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City