Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 11:27 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,431,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Yeah the logic makes zero sense.

If you're going to dine indoors there's really no point in wearing a mask for 5 seconds that you're not at the table...
'
Actually the way to do it is maintain masked until you sit down at your table. If you need to use the bathroom then put your ask on until you get back to your table. It's not a perfect setup but it helps....takes effort though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2022, 02:32 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
'
Actually the way to do it is maintain masked until you sit down at your table. If you need to use the bathroom then put your ask on until you get back to your table. It's not a perfect setup but it helps....takes effort though.
It's virtue signaling and useless, IMO. The issue with the flimsy masks that most wear not doing much to stop anything if you're doing anything other than just breathing aside for a moment, folks who are at these restaurants are actively eating, talking, laughing, etc. without masks on as soon as they sit down at their tables. All of that hot air is coming out of our mouths and spreading throughout the restaurant, and often for hours on end. The fact that we have on masks for 30 seconds walking to the table and for however long we're in the bathroom seems negligible.

Old 01-07-2022, 06:01 AM

5,831 posts, read 2,953,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
It's virtue signaling and useless, IMO. The issue with the flimsy masks that most wear not doing much to stop anything if you're doing anything other than just breathing aside for a moment, folks who are at these restaurants are actively eating, talking, laughing, etc. without masks on as soon as they sit down at their tables. All of that hot air is coming out of our mouths and spreading throughout the restaurant, and often for hours on end. The fact that we have on masks for 30 seconds walking to the table and for however long we're in the bathroom seems negligible.
Exactly.

Restaurants and diners have been open since July 2020 on LI with less and less masking and guess what, all well. Schools been open since september 2020. Also all well. Masks are coming off any day now in schools thanks to Blackeman.
Covid appears to linger in NYC looks like. The covid fearing masses love it.

Old 01-07-2022, 06:26 AM

154 posts, read 116,469 times
Funny that those who portend to be the proponents of science will completely disregard it if it doesn't fit their narrative.

Old 01-07-2022, 07:58 AM

2,447 posts, read 1,222,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
In December, I spent my entire time over there at a friends house in New Jersey. I went to restaurants, bars, stores and did lots of shopping. People were not wearing masks nor enforcing it. I was never asked to show proof of vaccination, in fact I left that stupid card at home.

Then, when my vacation was over, I and hundreds of others waltzed right back into Manhattan via the Path train where while on board, one has to keep a mask on. (Um, ok).

Question:

Do politicians make sense in keeping New Jersey mask and vaccine free while its next door neighbor remains heavily masked and boosted? Nope!

But if this were Ebola, you can be certain those borders would be shut down asap and everyone would be on the same page as far as vaccines and mask mandates! People would be desperate for a vaccine and rioting and wouldn’t travel to places where they may be exposed to Ebola - me included!
Exactly!! It's not a real pandemic.

Old 01-07-2022, 08:39 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,401,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
People with 2 and 3 doses are getting COVID and spreading it as well.

I got a booster dose in early November and caught this variant. I caught the original strain in March of 2020 as well.

Booster may help with lessening duration/severity of symptoms but it won't prevent you from catching this variant.

If I as an individual was infected with the Alpha variant, got the JJ dose, then a Pfizer booster, and still got infected with Omicron, there won't be many people (if any) that escape this variant. It wasn't as if I was super careful either since my initial COVID infection.

Per the early data coming out about Omicron, SARS-COV-2 is turning endemic. This strain is extremely infectious ( far greater than Apha or Delta) but from initial reports is less virulent due to its decreased ability to bind to the TMPRSS2 protein in lung cells.

The goal should be what it should have always been. To protect the vulnerable and use therapeutics to decrease the death rate/long term side effects.

I think it's clear at this point that the COVID vaccine is very similar to the flu vaccine in that it acts more like a therapeutic than an actual vaccine.

I agree with most of it, except I'd point out that covid vaccine is still preventive (rather than therapeutic). Rates of symptomatic infection are still being reported as lower, and hospitalization or death tremendously lower, in vaccinated (and particularly boosted) people. It would be logical that the vaccines greatly decrease the viral load, even though the antibodies resulting from the vaccines do not disable every single virus. I was also boosted in early Dec, but would not be surprised to get a sore throat and two days of fever out of omicron. In fact, I'd be glad to get that over with asap, and potentially acquire a bit more immunity against any possible future more agressive covid mutant. Immunity is not all-or-none, it is a war between the immune mechanisms and the virus, and I don't care if my antibodies don't kill all the enemy, or lose a minor battle, as long as they win the war. I personally only need enough immunity to prevent a serious illness or death.

Last edited by elnrgby; 01-07-2022 at 09:09 AM..

Old 01-07-2022, 09:19 AM

6,689 posts, read 6,038,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ycomoque View Post
Funny that those who portend to be the proponents of science will completely disregard it if it doesn't fit their narrative.
Exactly! Wasn't Josef Mengele's research considered science for the Third Reich's narrative? Didn't that guy actually hold a degree from two respected Universities that are still alive and well today?

Don't pay attention to the "follow the science" narrative. It's used to attempt to shame people who are not in line and obedient to the leaders and engineers of the great reset.

I highly encourage you all to read the book, "The Truth About COVID-19: Exposing The Great Reset, Lockdowns, Vaccine Passports, and the New Normal." You can find it on Amazon.

Old 01-07-2022, 09:38 AM

1,059 posts, read 549,412 times
Years ago when I was in my early twenties Glamour magazine had an article that compared the reactions of four ethnic groups -- WASP, Irish, Italian and Jewish -- to illness, or more specifically, as in the article, a headache. One group kept a stiff upper lip. One group denied having a headache at all. One group carried on and exaggerated the pain. One group was convinced it had a brain tumor. The article was somewhat humorous, somewhat serious.
New York has a large percentage of the brain tumor group. This is why, quoting Dave 92 LSC, ”Covid appears to linger in NYC looks like. The covid fearing masses love it.”

Old 01-07-2022, 10:01 AM

416 posts, read 247,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
'
Can you be more wrong??

The ACTUAL PROPER CORRECT CDC STATE MANDATE way to actually do it IS to maintain mask after every SINGLE byte!!

Clueless people(such as yourself) is EXACTLY WHY we still have cOvid!!!

DO YOUR PART!!

Old 01-07-2022, 10:15 AM

3,503 posts, read 1,414,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
I'm all for good (N95) masks in crowded indoors, but jeez, its been proven over and over the virus does NOT spread outdoors unless someone literally comes up to your face and spits/sneezes.
Of course it does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City