Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2022, 11:19 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,250,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Oh come on now. You think it was a "coincidence" that he cashed out what he did when he did just when the stock was about to tank, as BBB announced that it was going to close dozens of stores and undergo a major restructuring in an attempt to return to profitability and stave off bankruptcy? lol Not only that, but it's been reported that vendors are starting to cut them off because they weren't paying their bills. Those are all trouble signs in my book.

Now I do agree that it doesn't make sense that he did what he did, even if the SEC had proof of inside trading, but it is still strange nevertheless.
My guess, and only a guess, is that was closely after the was vested.
There are strings to cashing out- especially for a newish employee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2022, 11:20 AM

2,614 posts, read 1,211,224 times
Very tragic.

Like Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, just goes to show that the glamor of the high life of places like NYC and LA aren't all its cracked up to be.

RIP

Old 09-06-2022, 11:22 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,396,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
Meh, I am guessing it could've been just personal reasons and things going on in his life. He only joined the company 2 years ago, so I don't think there was any personal attachment to the company itself. Also, he only cashed out $1mil out of his $6.5mil+ compensation, so even if he was doing something shady, he could've been in good shape to pay off any SEC fines.
My thoughts as well

"I am guessing it could've been just personal reasons and things going on in his life"

Old 09-06-2022, 12:15 PM

6,682 posts, read 6,026,463 times
On a serious note, I once read that depression - especially of the severe type is actually caused by malnutrition. These are individuals who have depleted B vitamin and D3 levels.

I used to suffer from a lot of anxiety and depression, but when I started to take 10K IU's of vitamin D3 with 100mcg K2 (along with nutritional yeast, which have all B vitamins) on a daily basis, the depression and anxiety completely disappeared. It was a complete change in personality. I haven't suffered from anxiety or depression since 2018.

I share this in case someone here is suffering from depression, they can attempt to heal it with nutrition (and of course seek medical help). It's such a terrible place mentally to be in!

Old 09-06-2022, 12:16 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,396,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
On a serious note, I once read that depression - especially of the severe type is actually caused by malnutrition. These are individuals who have depleted B vitamin and D3 levels.

I used to suffer from a lot of anxiety and depression, but when I started to take 10K IU's of vitamin D3 with 100mcg K2 (along with nutritional yeast, which have all B vitamins) on a daily basis, the depression and anxiety completely disappeared. It was a complete change in personality. I haven't suffered from anxiety or depression since 2018.

I share this in case someone here is suffering from depression, they can attempt to heal it with nutrition (and of course seek medical help). It's such a terrible place mentally to be in!
Very helpful!

Old 09-06-2022, 01:33 PM

5,462 posts, read 5,705,221 times
Quote:

There are also studies that show that your gut biome (bacteria inside your intestines) also greatly effects your brain, including behavioral changes and even alzheimers. They apparently notice statistically significant changes in people who had fecal transplants done.

https://news.ohsu.edu/2022/02/08/fec...zheimers-model

Old 09-06-2022, 01:34 PM

5,665 posts, read 2,606,372 times
Quote:

Nutritional Yeast is great. My B vitamins are always on the high good side when I do blood work. And this is coming from a vegan of 30+ years.

Old 09-06-2022, 01:44 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,028,603 times
https://bedbathandbeyond.gcs-web.com...5-0176a4b527af

SEC Filing w/exact date, prices, shares, etc.

Old 09-06-2022, 02:55 PM

6,682 posts, read 6,026,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
There are also studies that show that your gut biome (bacteria inside your intestines) also greatly effects your brain, including behavioral changes and even alzheimers. They apparently notice statistically significant changes in people who had fecal transplants done.

https://news.ohsu.edu/2022/02/08/fec...zheimers-model
Oh absolutely!!! I forget to mention this! The gut microbiome is said to be a persons second brain.

Old 09-06-2022, 03:42 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,028,603 times
This whole thing reeks of week old fish in a dumpster by the Fulton Fish market:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-himself.html

This other character, supposedly a 20 year old nobody student, happened to get rich overnight on stock options with family money. Now he's the target of kidnappers. What kind of 20 year old has $25 million cash to invest in stock options that could vaporize on expiration? This kind of highly targeted bet seems like the kind of orchestrated performance that would require very knowledgeable people to pull off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City