Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2023, 10:53 AM

3,559 posts, read 2,396,737 times

Advertisements

Brighton beach. By far the ugliest bustling community in the entire country. The audacity of that community being on the beach.

Bulldoze the entire community and turn it into Long Island city on the beach.

Just make sure to keep the Eastern European businesses and make sure there is a home for all the Eastern Europeans that will temporarily be displaced for construction.

Any other neighborhoods?

I got Flatbush next. Parts of elmhurst gotta go also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2023, 11:41 AM

8,359 posts, read 4,377,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Brighton beach. By far the ugliest bustling community in the entire country. The audacity of that community being on the beach.

Bulldoze the entire community and turn it into Long Island city on the beach.

Just make sure to keep the Eastern European businesses and make sure there is a home for all the Eastern Europeans that will temporarily be displaced for construction.

Any other neighborhoods?

I got Flatbush next. Parts of elmhurst gotta go also.

South Bronx. I don't think it needs to be re-zoned (I believe it is zoned correctly), but it needs to be bulldozed and rebuilt. It needs that badly.

Old 04-27-2023, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
South Bronx. I don't think it needs to be re-zoned (I believe it is zoned correctly), but it needs to be bulldozed and rebuilt. It needs that badly.
It’s already going through that. Next neighborhood.

Old 04-27-2023, 01:51 PM

12,202 posts, read 7,219,300 times
I agree about Brighton Beach. Small bungalows have no place in today’s NYC. Many were being replaced by larger apartment buildings until the NIMBYs complained about “out-of-context” development and the stupid city listened and downzoned the area (I believe about 10-15 years ago) so very little development since.

Old 04-27-2023, 02:55 PM

5,807 posts, read 2,936,362 times
LESS PEOPLE. NYC is overpopulated. More than anything, we have too many low tier people.
NYC is no longer a hub it used to be for blue collar jobs of 1900s.

Old 04-27-2023, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
I agree about Brighton Beach. Small bungalows have no place in today’s NYC. Many were being replaced by larger apartment buildings until the NIMBYs complained about “out-of-context” development and the stupid city listened and downzoned the area (I believe about 10-15 years ago) so very little development since.
That and the tenement buildings in that area are all in bad shape. Even worse than some ghetto areas.

Old 04-27-2023, 05:15 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,836,692 times
What areas do you think need to be rezoned for modern and better housing development?

It all depends on what you call modern and better housing....

I used to go to Brighton Beach in the 60's by elevated train.
Get a sunburn, do some shopping and hop back on the train
to home. Wonderful memories.Seems like a community not affected by time.
Minus a few bungalows here and there off Emmons. Some construction
on both sides of the channel but mostly unchanged. Love it just the way it is.

Old 04-27-2023, 05:35 PM

204 posts, read 97,456 times
Not really a need to be rezoned but sunset park is my pick for a neighborhood that needs to be teared down and rebuilt from the ground up! it is absolutely filthy there.

Old 04-27-2023, 06:24 PM

18,466 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wydings View Post
Not really a need to be rezoned but sunset park is my pick for a neighborhood that needs to be teared down and rebuilt from the ground up! it is absolutely filthy there.

they just need the dept of sanitation do a better job. the brick apartment buildings are fine, everything needs to be cleaned, thats all.

I work in Sunset and right now they are doing all the infrastructure from 39th - 45th 1ave - 4th ave.
right now everything is a mess and parking is beyond a nightmare.

I think Borough Park is a repulsive area and needs to be bull dozed and re built, depressing, dirty, and everything negative can be said about it.

Old 04-27-2023, 06:38 PM

499 posts, read 793,729 times
Sunnyside Yards, the area between the Navy Yard and Fort Greene, Broadway Junction, parts of Red Hook-Industry CIty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City