Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Adams your first choice for mayor?
Yes, he was my first choice. 3 6.00%
No, not my first choice, but one of my choices. 4 8.00%
No, didn't vote for him at all. 43 86.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2023, 09:06 AM

26 posts, read 11,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
It’s only fair to have a black mayor even if he is a narcissist and completely unqualified.
Instead of campaigning didn’t Eric Adams go on a vacation in Monte Carlo? Meanwhile Curtis Sliwa campaigned relentlessly throughout NYC.

It is similar to how Joe Biden hid in a basement instead of campaigning. Meanwhile Donald Trump had a large national series of the most massive campaign rallies to ever occur throughout this country.

Go figures, and now we have the Biden of Brooklyn. And he does not even live there. He lives in New Jersey?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2023, 09:33 AM

418 posts, read 232,054 times
Maybe I'm an old soul but any adult male who wears a diamond stud in his ear when running for public office to appeal to anyone is not the right person for the job.

Old 11-19-2023, 06:25 AM

337 posts, read 357,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodysBalloon View Post
I did not vote for Eric Adams. It seems like he was all race-based, and he supported all of the woke issues that are complete nonsense. Plus he looks like a black frogman and he talks like a poor man.

I’d imagine if they decide to replace Eric Adams the next one will be forever worse. My guess is most of the black leadership of NYC will be replaced by Latino/Hispanic with connections to cartels and gangs and racial groups.

Oh, because all of the mayors sans Dinkins didn't have crime connections and people who voted them in because they looked like their supporters?

Yet only months into his second term, O’Dwyer’s reputation as a crime-fighter was coming undone. In December 1949, the Brooklyn district attorney, a squeaky-clean family man named Miles McDonald, began investigating a bookmaker named Harry Gross. In his effort to figure out how Gross could operate a $20 million betting operation without attracting the attention of law enforcement, McDonald uncovered a wide-ranging conspiracy that connected cops on the street to the highest levels of the New York City Police Department, who were connected in turn to the city’s most powerful politicians and crime bosses.

As newspaper headlines charted McDonald’s progress, more than 500 New York City policemen took early retirement rather than risk being called before the prosecutor’s grand jury. Seventy-seven officers were indicted, and the police commissioner and the chief inspector were booted from the force in a cloud of scandal and disgrace. McDonald’s investigation also zeroed in on James Moran, a silent, white-haired former cop who had accompanied O’Dwyer at every stage of his rise and now served as deputy fire commissioner. It seemed it was only a matter of time before charges would be filed against the mayor himself. Instead, at his moment of greatest peril, O’Dwyer found a protector in President Harry Truman—a man he didn’t know well, and who didn’t particularly like him. The reasons Truman protected O’Dwyer have never been adequately explained. “The O’Dwyer story is one of New York City’s more intriguing political mysteries,” Mike Wallace, the Pulitzer Prize-winning co-author of Gotham: A History of New York City to 1898, told me. “It would be great to know what actually happened.”

In order to understand what happened, who William O’Dwyer was, and why Harry Truman protected him, it is necessary to re-examine what we think we know about organized crime.

Old 11-20-2023, 10:57 AM

3,505 posts, read 1,416,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7continents View Post
Maybe I'm an old soul but any adult male who wears a diamond stud in his ear when running for public office to appeal to anyone is not the right person for the job.
People didn't like Curtis Sliwa because he hoards cat, but somehow, people were ok with Adams wearing an earring. Go figure!

Old 11-20-2023, 06:19 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,690,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Democracy is great.
This is not about "democracy," really.

It was intended to see if people were satisfied with the result of ranked-choice.

I realize belatedly that that I should have designed the poll to reflect party affiliation, because maybe all the people who didn't vote for him were Republicans anyway.

Old 11-23-2023, 03:41 AM

16,111 posts, read 6,868,553 times
My opinion:
A perfect demonstration that ranked choice voting is a failure.

Old 11-23-2023, 03:48 AM

16,111 posts, read 6,868,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCareerGuy View Post
Oh, because all of the mayors sans Dinkins didn't have crime connections and people who voted them in because they looked like their supporters?

Yet only months into his second term, O’Dwyer’s reputation as a crime-fighter was coming undone. In December 1949, the Brooklyn district attorney, a squeaky-clean family man named Miles McDonald, began investigating a bookmaker named Harry Gross. In his effort to figure out how Gross could operate a $20 million betting operation without attracting the attention of law enforcement, McDonald uncovered a wide-ranging conspiracy that connected cops on the street to the highest levels of the New York City Police Department, who were connected in turn to the city’s most powerful politicians and crime bosses.

As newspaper headlines charted McDonald’s progress, more than 500 New York City policemen took early retirement rather than risk being called before the prosecutor’s grand jury. Seventy-seven officers were indicted, and the police commissioner and the chief inspector were booted from the force in a cloud of scandal and disgrace. McDonald’s investigation also zeroed in on James Moran, a silent, white-haired former cop who had accompanied O’Dwyer at every stage of his rise and now served as deputy fire commissioner. It seemed it was only a matter of time before charges would be filed against the mayor himself. Instead, at his moment of greatest peril, O’Dwyer found a protector in President Harry Truman—a man he didn’t know well, and who didn’t particularly like him. The reasons Truman protected O’Dwyer have never been adequately explained. “The O’Dwyer story is one of New York City’s more intriguing political mysteries,” Mike Wallace, the Pulitzer Prize-winning co-author of Gotham: A History of New York City to 1898, told me. “It would be great to know what actually happened.”

In order to understand what happened, who William O’Dwyer was, and why Harry Truman protected him, it is necessary to re-examine what we think we know about organized crime.
My opinion:
Aethistic Marxism is a dark religion with money as the God of Worship.
The aftermath of policies that is undoing America as we know it is proof in the pudding
that this sinister force has penetrated the walls of the White House. Been
around longer than I can remember.

It would be incredibly difficult to trace back and find who/what is behind all this.
One thing is for sure. Money always plays the part and it is fitting to end this post
with the famous words spoken by our wonderful mayor.

"Show me the money.....show me the money! "

Old 11-23-2023, 05:28 AM

5 posts, read 2,525 times
I will never vote for Eric Adams no matter what you call the voting system. How about a poll for Rigged Choice?

Let’s face it, the few that did vote for Eric Adams did so because of being black, and that is a really dumb reason to select a candidate but it’s just true. These black mayors are all installed by you-know-who and it is no coincidence as we see our “black run” cities run into the ground.

Biden is running for president again and has no plans to campaign at all because the bankers who control Biden use the Rigged Choice voting system.

Old 11-23-2023, 05:35 AM

5,835 posts, read 2,958,554 times
Biden winning the election from his basement was hilarious. I mean it’s so obvious they are shoving it down your throats and still people open wide and chow down on democracy manure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: