Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2024, 01:42 PM

1,241 posts, read 313,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
...and that right there is the PROBLEM. so you mean if that were you being pulled over, you wouldnt want any kind of transparency in terms of WHY? cause if you say no.. you're lying.

you're saying they don't know who the councilman is? one who has a higher pay grade, and puts laws into place FOR THEM to follow? you gotta be a inbecile. they know who he is. tf? like hello?
You’re ascribing too much importance to some lowly council member. Most people don’t know who their Senators are. I bet you don’t know who the second NY Senator is besides Chuck Schumer.

Let’s say they do know. You think everyone is also going to assume this guy is so stupid as to drive a car with out of state plates being an NYC council member? How does that even work?

Why are you carrying water for this fool? You think Yusuf Saalam gives two dookies about you? He thanks you for electing him so he can get paid $150K plus and work 5 hours a week. Meanwhile, most of his constituents are living in a roach and rat infested slum buying food on EBT and scared of illegals baiting the budget and losing their benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2024, 02:04 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,879,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
You’re ascribing too much importance to some lowly council member. Most people don’t know who their Senators are. I bet you don’t know who the second NY Senator is besides Chuck Schumer.
everyone knows its Gillibrand. NYPD needs to be more transparent. this is one of their issues, for why they're being raked over the coals. like hello?

Old 01-29-2024, 02:57 PM

19,032 posts, read 13,944,967 times
The NYPD needs to stop fighting crime. That’s what the people in NYC want. Give it to them. Respond to crime. Do not fight it. Fighting crime in a leftist/marxist city is suicide.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-29-2024, 03:11 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,834,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
oh so, now we're pretending we don't know what EXONORATED is? got it.

Nobody listens to the victim.
She wishes the case was never settled and believes
to this day she was attacked by more than one person.

Exonerated Yes....................and O.J. didn't kill his wife either ....... but will it change public opinion ? .........

Me thinks: Keeping a low profile is key.

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 01-29-2024 at 04:14 PM..

Old 01-29-2024, 04:53 PM

1,464 posts, read 756,714 times
“However, Salaam’s office did confirm that he had Georgia license plates on his car until just this week — despite living in New York and holding office here for two years.

According to board of election records, Salaam registered to vote in the state on July 27, 2022, and had 30 days since then to transfer his Georgia vehicle registration to New York under the law.”

https://nypost.com/2024/01/29/metro/...-traffic-stop/

Next is investigating the insurance scam.

I’m so curious if he forgot about a body cam recording that this officer had. Other council members were on the phone stating they specifically heard him ask why he was stop and the officer refused to answer. Seems like a lie ?

Old 01-29-2024, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
“However, Salaam’s office did confirm that he had Georgia license plates on his car until just this week — despite living in New York and holding office here for two years.

According to board of election records, Salaam registered to vote in the state on July 27, 2022, and had 30 days since then to transfer his Georgia vehicle registration to New York under the law.”

https://nypost.com/2024/01/29/metro/...-traffic-stop/

Next is investigating the insurance scam.

I’m so curious if he forgot about a body cam recording that this officer had. Other council members were on the phone stating they specifically heard him ask why he was stop and the officer refused to answer. Seems like a lie ?
Woooow. 2 years? I don’t follow local elections so I thought maybe he was elected recently so he was just being intentionally lazy about it. Just gives you an insight into these people running the city.

Old 01-29-2024, 05:41 PM

1,464 posts, read 756,714 times
Insurance on a b7 alpina has to be half the price in ga than nyc.

Old 01-29-2024, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
Insurance on a b7 alpina has to be half the price in ga than nyc.
The guys pulling in $150K base and he’s willing to break the law publicly for $3-4K. Makes you wonder how cheap he is to buy off for interested parties.

People wonder why these politicians want a chaotic city?

Old 01-29-2024, 11:56 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,236,287 times
Pretty dumb to know you're commiting insurance fraud and then drawing attention to yourself when the cops let you go and nobody ever would have known about this.

Old 01-30-2024, 12:04 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,236,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Sure, but this where it gets interesting. How would the LEO know all of that from a random traffic stop? If everything is in order(license, reg., insurance) from the other jurisdiction, in most cases, the cop would just send him on his way, no?
He didn't get pulled over for out of state plates. He got pulled over for the tinted windows. If he doesn't try to act like the cop did something wrong nobody would even know about the plates.

He had illegal tints,the cops let him go without a ticket and he should have been happy with that result.

I've been pulled over for speeding before (nothing crazy) and been given a warning. At no point was I mad or outraged at the cop for pulling me over since the cop was in the right. I'm happu when they let me go.But this guy thinks he's special so he was upset about the encounter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City