Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2024, 12:31 AM

5,805 posts, read 2,930,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
Insurance on a b7 alpina has to be half the price in ga than nyc.
Upkeep on that B7 Alpina must be 10 times that. Or any BMW for that matter. Those twin turbo v8 motors are sure nice when new, but then:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2024, 02:56 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
...and that right there is the PROBLEM. so you mean if that were you being pulled over, you wouldnt want any kind of transparency in terms of WHY? cause if you say no.. you're lying.

you're saying they don't know who the councilman is? one who has a higher pay grade, and puts laws into place FOR THEM to follow? you gotta be a inbecile. they know who he is. tf? like hello?
There are over 50 council members and over 30,000 police officers. I doubt every police officer is spending their day trying to remember who ever council member is. Wanting transparency is one thing, but the law doesn't require it, so there was nothing wrong done during that stop. Maybe the Councilman should follow the laws here and he wouldn't have any problems. Makes too much sense...

Old 01-30-2024, 04:04 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
This isn't the only thing he's lied about. His behavior makes me seriously question his mental state. Why would you live about this when you know about police body cameras? Granted, you shouldn't be lying about this period, but lying about something you know will be brought to light with video/audio evidence is just bizarre.

Old 01-30-2024, 04:55 AM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Pretty dumb to know you're commiting insurance fraud and then drawing attention to yourself when the cops let you go and nobody ever would have known about this.
Is it though? The Horde runs the city. What is this guy going to lose? I mean his election alone is proof. This dude chairs the public safety board. Normal people don’t elevate savs like this.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-30-2024, 08:38 AM

1,239 posts, read 311,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
This isn't the only thing he's lied about. His behavior makes me seriously question his mental state. Why would you live about this when you know about police body cameras? Granted, you shouldn't be lying about this period, but lying about something you know will be brought to light with video/audio evidence is just bizarre.
What does he have to lose? Lying in the hood is second nature. Lying about police encounters is like a religion. Every time they catch a violent criminal from the hood, the moms are always * he was a great kid. Always smiling. Never did anything bad to anyone*.

The council is also trying to pass a new reporting law for cops. This fool thought this would be a good way to put the pressure on. We have a poster here, who presumably lives in this fool’s district, who’s literally carrying water for him. Even with the video.

People wonder why NYC is in the state that it is? These are the people currently running this city. They don’t care about anything but playing race politics and figuring out ways to not to actually do their jobs as stewards of this city. They will drive this city into the ground and then cry racism when asked what happened.

Some other city councilpeople tried to cover for this fool. They lied too. You think they were on a call *working* on a Friday night?

The video was released with Adam’s blessing which goes to show you how egregious this was. I’d bet Adam’s (or his office) called this fool and asked him to retract and he refused. There’s nothing to lose.

Old 01-30-2024, 10:23 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Quote:
He didn't get pulled over for out of state plates. He got pulled over for the tinted windows. If he doesn't try to act like the cop did something wrong nobody would even know about the plates.

He had illegal tints,the cops let him go without a ticket and he should have been happy with that result.

I've been pulled over for speeding before (nothing crazy) and been given a warning. At no point was I mad or outraged at the cop for pulling me over since the cop was in the right. I'm happu when they let me go.But this guy thinks he's special so he was upset about the encounter.
To the bolded point, "whatever." Blasted misdemeanor. Like you said, in most cases, cop would let you go with a warning. We are in agreement that this councilman was attention seeking. Wasn't even racial especially when the cop doesn't see you until he approaches the vehicle. It's all about politics, optics, making a point, etc.

Old 01-30-2024, 10:30 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
He didn't get pulled over for out of state plates. He got pulled over for the tinted windows. If he doesn't try to act like the cop did something wrong nobody would even know about the plates.

He had illegal tints,the cops let him go without a ticket and he should have been happy with that result.

I've been pulled over for speeding before (nothing crazy) and been given a warning. At no point was I mad or outraged at the cop for pulling me over since the cop was in the right. I'm happu when they let me go.But this guy thinks he's special so he was upset about the encounter.
When you got pulled over for speeding, did they offer the reasoning for the stop?

Old 01-30-2024, 10:36 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Nobody listens to the victim.
She wishes the case was never settled and believes
to this day she was attacked by more than one person.

Exonerated Yes....................and O.J. didn't kill his wife either ....... but will it change public opinion ? .........

Me thinks: Keeping a low profile is key.
The bolded part is where you lose me. The councilman we are referring to was exonerated by DNA evidence. DNA! So you are disputing scientific evidence because it doesn't fit your narrative. Unbelievable.

Old 01-30-2024, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
The bolded part is where you lose me. The councilman we are referring to was exonerated by DNA evidence. DNA! So you are disputing scientific evidence because it doesn't fit your narrative. Unbelievable.
the people you're responding to are former resident in chief supporters. i call em magaots

Old 01-30-2024, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
There are over 50 council members and over 30,000 police officers. I doubt every police officer is spending their day trying to remember who ever council member is. Wanting transparency is one thing, but the law doesn't require it, so there was nothing wrong done during that stop. Maybe the Councilman should follow the laws here and he wouldn't have any problems. Makes too much sense...
The Central Park Five was and still is a HUGE stain in NYC's history, and was well publicized. You were around as it happened. The frmr resident in chief, with the hair system, looked like a IDIOT (as usual) because he took out a full page ad in the NYTimes years ago, blasting them, when they didn't even commit the crime. So, if the frmr resident knows who Yusef Salaam is, then the NYPD knows who he is. Miss me with the bs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City