Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2024, 10:12 AM

1,239 posts, read 311,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
-Southern food
-Puerto Rican food
-Trinidadian food
-Chinese food (real Chinese food)
-Jamaican food
-West African food
-Irish food
-Italian food
-Indian food

Those were my suggestions
None of this stuff is as cheap as you guys think it is
I mean, if you've eaten at any places like this recently then prove me wrong
Some one off mom and pop specialty restaurant wouldn’t be able to survive with the rents at Fulton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2024, 10:15 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
Some one off mom and pop specialty restaurant wouldn’t be able to survive with the rents at Fulton.
Correct... I'm sure they are charging similar to what they charge at Grand Central, so you need people there that have deep pockets and that can lure in people willing to pay a premium for food. There's also a Whole Foods that opened a few blocks from there, so that is yet another alternative for the white collar crowd.

Old 03-31-2024, 10:19 AM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times
I worked in the area for many years
I'm in the area now about once a month

How often do you guys use that train station?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-31-2024, 10:23 AM

Quote:

I'm Downtown more than you would believe and I can tell you that the lunch options have improved considerably. Wolfgang Puck opened a place down there. Every time I go down there, I'm trying out new coffee places - Plenty of Blue Bottle Coffee spots there now as well as Bluestone Lane to name a few good chains. Before it was Pret A Manger or bust, but there are plenty of quality options in that area now, and with that Whole Foods there, that is direct competition to Fulton Mall. If I worked down there, I would frequent Whole Foods for my lunch once or twice a week and put it into my rotation of lunch spots.

That whole area was very much like Midtown years ago... The food options were mediocre but expensive. Now you have some quality options, but still expensive. That's the main difference.

Old 03-31-2024, 10:26 AM

Quote:

How is this relevant?

Old 03-31-2024, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I'm Downtown more than you would believe and I can tell you that the lunch options have improved considerably. Wolfgang Puck opened a place down there. Every time I go down there, I'm trying out new coffee places - Plenty of Blue Bottle Coffee spots there now as well as Bluestone Lane to name a few good chains. Before it was Pret A Manger or bust, but there are plenty of quality options in that area now, and with that Whole Foods there, that is direct competition to Fulton Mall. If I worked down there, I would frequent Whole Foods for my lunch once or twice a week and put it into my rotation of lunch spots.

That whole area was very much like Midtown years ago... The food options were mediocre but expensive. Now you have some quality options, but still expensive. That's the main difference.
Not a bad idea, Whole Foods to open a eating establishment there

I used to go to Whole Foods once in a while for lunch myself

Old 03-31-2024, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
How is this relevant?
Because then you would have an idea of who frequents the station. It's a commuter hub. People don't go there to sightsee like the Oculus. People are either there to transfer, get on or get off, that's it. Nobody chills there. That's why I say to make it an international food court.

Old 03-31-2024, 10:34 AM

Chik-Fil-A would kill in Fulton Center, but they're already killing it in their own space up the block

Old 03-31-2024, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Because then you would have an idea of who frequents the station. It's a commuter hub. People don't go there to sightsee like the Oculus. People are either there to transfer, get on or get off, that's it. Nobody chills there. That's why I say to make it an international food court.
That’s not exactly a secret. You e just described every Manhattan subway station south of 59th.

Old 03-31-2024, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Not a bad idea, Whole Foods to open a eating establishment there

I used to go to Whole Foods once in a while for lunch myself
lol You misunderstood. Whole Foods has a place a few blocks from there, so they're direct competition and cheaper for the lunch crowd. There are just too many options nearby in terms of good food. That whole place needs a revamp in terms of options to distinguish it and I agree with the vendors... They need to get the skells out of there first and foremost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City