Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2024, 03:25 PM

34,004 posts, read 17,035,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Westfield and MTA are duking it out in court as former seeks to get out of Fulton Transit retail hub.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/12/us-new...-away-tenants/
Westfield deserves to win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2024, 03:29 PM

5,805 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Hope Westfield is able to abandon the lease.
So sad, such a nice budling, but people keep acting like animals.

Old 03-24-2024, 03:30 PM

88,514 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Who said anything about Red Lobster? Do you even eat seafood?
As far as legal dispensary, hell, you could even put a liquor store there or a wine store, that's a good idea too
There's a wine store already, up an escalator on the levels going to 3 and 4 WTC.

Old 03-24-2024, 03:31 PM

5,805 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Quote:
It's relevant

Actually that's not a bad idea either

Haitian restaurant in Fulton Center

Like La Detente, I don't expect many to know what that is, I gotta talk to real New Yorkers who would know about La Detente, not many real New Yorkers on here to begin with (that's another thread)

They should open a new La Detente in Fulton Center, not a bad idea
Real New Yorker should know Peter Luger restaurant, not some shack from a third world ruin. THis is NYC.

Old 03-27-2024, 07:11 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
Opinion:

I said it once and I'll say it again " Fill the hole with sand ! "

Old 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,026,428 times
Fulton Street, Manhattan might as well be Fulton Street Brooklyn. It's got the same sort of shifty characters - homeless junkies.

Old 03-28-2024, 11:07 AM

5,462 posts, read 5,702,939 times
Quote:
When I am in Fulton Center, it's usually on a weekday morning. Half of the commercial spaces are closed and it looks a little bit bleak. Shake Shack was crowded, I will say.
I work around there.
Those stores come and go. No one can stay in business. The big glass was getting broken like once every month, until they finally roped off the whole perimeter around the building inside. You used to be able to sit there, it has plenty of sitting areas.
I hate going through there, there is always homeless or some sh*t going down. I remember about a year ago during morning rush hour on a weekday some lady got stabbed at 9:40AM by a crazy person. That Dunkin Donuts always has fights and people shouting.
The John St. exit is to be avoided. Homeless use it to pi$$. It has been perma fked for years now and still is, since it is in its own secluded alcove area.

Old 03-28-2024, 12:10 PM

34,017 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
I work around there.
Those stores come and go. No one can stay in business. The big glass was getting broken like once every month, until they finally roped off the whole perimeter around the building inside. You used to be able to sit there, it has plenty of sitting areas.
I hate going through there, there is always homeless or some sh*t going down. I remember about a year ago during morning rush hour on a weekday some lady got stabbed at 9:40AM by a crazy person. That Dunkin Donuts always has fights and people shouting.
The John St. exit is to be avoided. Homeless use it to pi$$. It has been perma fked for years now and still is, since it is in its own secluded alcove area.
Yeah, but who's bright idea was it to put Haagen-Dazs in there? I'm not going there for ice cream in March. No wonder why they closed. To be in Fulton Center selling ice cream is more of a seasonal gig IMO.

What's the last store to close down that you remember?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-28-2024, 03:59 PM

5,462 posts, read 5,702,939 times
Quote:
Yeah, but who's bright idea was it to put Haagen-Dazs in there? I'm not going there for ice cream in March. No wonder why they closed. To be in Fulton Center selling ice cream is more of a seasonal gig IMO.

What's the last store to close down that you remember?
I think its the sushi place on the 2nd floor.

Old 03-28-2024, 04:05 PM

34,017 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
I think its the sushi place on the 2nd floor.
Yeah that's not gonna rock in Fulton Center, commuter and sushi does not mix

They need food that ppl can take and go

A Trinidadian spot would make 7 possibly 8 figures there annually if executed properly

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City