Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 03:26 PM

18 posts, read 77,309 times

Advertisements

This is looking more and more like a strong possibility. I am weighing my options (which include a possible move to Chicago), but I think it would be kind of neat to live here. Plus it is not too far from Manhattan I suppose. Like I said, if the commute is 40 minutes via subway I'd prefer that than the 40 minute commute I have in Miami in my car. Thank you all for your help so far, if anyone has anything to add i'd appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 06:16 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,333,475 times
Brighton is the furthest point in brooklyn from manhattan ( pretty much )

But it is a nice place, russian food is great, and you are close to the original nathan's, and you have a beach there too

The girls are hawt

Old 07-21-2008, 06:35 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,593,950 times
And now, with the Oceana complex, look how many new apartments there are in Brighton Beach.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:48 AM

210 posts, read 971,940 times
Oh, dude, dont even think about it. I AM RUSSIAN, and i only go there when i have to buy groceries or have a wave of nostalgia. It sucks, the beach is dirty, freezing cold wind in the winter, the area is dirty, plus noisy sumbway above groud. there is no reason to live there, unless you are russian who does not speak english and cannot survive or find a job anywhere else. it is usually the first stop for Russian immigrants, but as soon as they lear enlgish, they are out of there in a hearbeat.
there are much nicer areas in NY to live, even russians dont really like it there that much, and try to move as soon as they can.
If you think you will score with russian chicks there-i doubt it, cute russian girls dont stay there, they move to better places. it is mostly retired russian jews.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:37 AM

792 posts, read 3,136,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
it will take you a while to get to manhattan by train though
How long from NYP to Levy Park?

Quote:
But the beach is nice, and simple, no real boardwalk scene like on the jersey shore
This is true. On a clear
day you can see the Highlands/Sandy Hook across the water in Jersey.

Quote:
Parking is horrendous
Perhaps an understatement. See my new thread about this.

Quote:
There is also emmons ave nearby with nice restaurants, and bars
This is true - Mambo Sushi and others, good ice cream place too.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:45 AM

792 posts, read 3,136,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canthardlywait View Post
This is looking more and more like a strong possibility. I am weighing my options (which include a possible move to Chicago), but I think it would be kind of neat to live here. Plus it is not too far from Manhattan I suppose. Like I said, if the commute is 40 minutes via subway I'd prefer that than the 40 minute commute I have in Miami in my car. Thank you all for your help so far, if anyone has anything to add i'd appreciate it.
In leiu of Brighton Beach would you consider Bay Ridge/Bensonhurst? Personally I'd never move to Miami and if I really wanted to be in southeast florida I'd chose somewhere between Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm Beach. Anything south of Hollywood, FL including Miami i consider "land of the lost". Now Chicago is a place I have never been, only to change airplanes at airport terminal. Why move to Chicago though?

Old 07-27-2009, 10:46 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,935,675 times
Given that this thread is over a year old, the point is moot.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:47 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,831,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
In leiu of Brighton Beach would you consider Bay Ridge/Bensonhurst? Personally I'd never move to Miami and if I really wanted to be in southeast florida I'd chose somewhere between Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm Beach. Anything south of Hollywood, FL including Miami i consider "land of the lost". Now Chicago is a place I have never been, only to change airplanes at airport terminal. Why move to Chicago though?
Considering the OP made this post more than a year ago, I assume that s/he has made a decision by now .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City