Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the most annoying person on the subway?
"The Doorman" 10 12.20%
"Mr. Giant Backpack" 18 21.95%
"The Rockstar" 1 1.22%
"The Wide Load" 19 23.17%
"The Pole-Hugger" 8 9.76%
"The Blaster" 10 12.20%
"The Seat Pouncer" 2 2.44%
"The Dreamer" 4 4.88%
Other (please describe) 10 12.20%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 11:16 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,768,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
I was on the 2 once and saw this dude swinging around on the pole in some monkey like fashion and almost kick this lady in her face. The way she looked at him was pure gold.
Several times I've had to move when these monkeys get on the subway doing their monkey dance on the pole. Can't they do that in their neighborhoods? The subway is not the place for the monkey dance. Where are the police when you need them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 11:26 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,768,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post

Re: the most annoying person, I'll toss my vote out for the guy who sits in one seat, and spreads his legs so wide that he crowds out the people on either side of him. C'mon -- does your "package" really need THAT much room???
ROFLMAO!!!!! 2 days ago I saw this on the 4 train. The guy took up almost three seats had his legs so wide open I thought it was some sort of invitation for someone to pleasure him. What wrong with these people? This is not your house mind the fact that others would like to sit.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:07 PM

37 posts, read 124,841 times
Angry Who is the most annoying person on the subway?

The preachers who scream their way from one car to another haranguing the riders who cannot get up and leave.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:12 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,590,031 times
I'd have to say the pole hugger is the most consistently annoying person I've encountered. God forbid anyone else should want to hold on while you're playing on your cell phone with it wedged between your butt crack.

The douchbag/bagette wearing Wayfarers in an underground platform or train makes me want to vom a little bit too. Nobody is going to mistake you for Zack Efron or one of the Olsen twins so can the cool act and put them on your forehead where they belong.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:20 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,352,947 times
The most annoying people on the subway are the loud, female teenagers who think everyone wants to hear them dis' everyone around, including their friends. Give it up already ... it's not cute!

Old 12-18-2010, 06:46 PM

72 posts, read 150,052 times
Seriously, Wide Load gets my vote. I am pretty cool with having people invade my 'private space' if deemed necessary. After all, nobody owns space on the subway, we all have to share. But having someone's fat rolls bumped and pressed up against me? That takes it TOO far!!! And there is no apology, no nothing... they just sit there and act like it's normal. Also- performers who aren't even good (more like horribly annoying) that give you dirty looks when you don't put money into their filthy baseball cap. Like you are Scrooge or something lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: