Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 03:28 PM

38 posts, read 342,915 times

Advertisements

I would just contest it and pay the reduced fine. I've heard it's not worth time and aggrevation to go to court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 09:29 AM

2 posts, read 9,980 times
I fought my towed vehicle ticket and found not guilty, Yess!, but that's only $60. Now, can I also return the towing expensesl, they were much more?(If anyone is interested in my case, my car was towed away from commercial area near my work place, I saw no sign on that part which restricted the parking. After I found my car missing, I also found missing sign on the ground. So I took pictures of whole block and the sign on the ground and disputed it. I just remembered it today and since I haven’t receive anything related in mail I’ve checked the status online and saw that I'm "Not Guilty")

Old 01-11-2010, 03:04 PM

2 posts, read 9,980 times
Also I have 2 other tickets on my friend’s nonexistent plates. I took his car from New Jersey in order to buy it, the "inspection" was expired so I've got 2 tickets in two days (there is less than 24 hours between the tickets). So I had the car inspected the next day. Then I've heard that it's so called fix-it ticket it gets dismissed if you show that you had it inspected. But as it appears it's a false information. Even though I've passed inspection the very next day and I registered to my name (surrendered my friends' palates in DMV) the judge put the guilty verdict since it was after the ticket. So that fix-it thing is a myth? Does it make sense to appeal?
Thanks.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 4,803 times
Recently have seen the ad on Craiglist (new york) about help in fighting ticket in NYC. Will try it myself as soon as i get one. Good luck!

Old 07-21-2010, 02:18 PM

1 posts, read 4,383 times
I just got my front bumper fixed and therefore never got to place the fron plate on it, but I do have one on the back. I just got a ticket for no front plat how can I dispute this ticket ? I do have the front plate in the car. THANKS

Old 07-22-2010, 04:39 AM

979 posts, read 4,455,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawadjie View Post
I just got my front bumper fixed and therefore never got to place the fron plate on it, but I do have one on the back. I just got a ticket for no front plat how can I dispute this ticket ? I do have the front plate in the car. THANKS
Send in a copy of the repair bill with a not guilty plea based on that. If it's a reasonable time between the repair and the ticket then maybe you'll be lucky. "reasonable time"? Depends on the mood of the administrative judge. If you have the time go in person. 66 John Street is good in the mid morning early in the week.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 4,083 times
Just recently "NEW" No Standing signs were posted, my guess would be (2) weeks ago, without warning. I lived in this neighborhood for almost 12 years and parking here was never a problem, until recently, when the above new signs were put up. Unaware on the changes, parked my car as usual in the usual parking spots without noticing the new signs. The next morning my car was towed and ticketed, had to pay $185 for the pound and $115 for the ticket for no standing. Is there a chance of fighting such ticket or impound fees. As of now there are cars parking at the same locations as I, and most likely be towed.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:25 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Per NYC violation code: 50Stopping, standing or parking in a crosswalk. Note: Crosswalks are not always identified by painted street markings.$115

NYC just likes making up new laws:

Violation Codes, Fines, Rules & Regulations (http://www.ci.nyc.ny.us/html/dof/html/parking/park_tickets_violations.shtml - broken link)

Old 10-28-2010, 09:45 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,160,996 times
You can ALWAYS try and fight a ticket. Even if you do not win, there is always the chance that the fine is reduced. Remember to always support your claims with photos - lots of them. Good Luck!

Old 10-28-2010, 09:48 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,160,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
Per NYC violation code: 50Stopping, standing or parking in a crosswalk. Note: Crosswalks are not always identified by painted street markings.$115

NYC just likes making up new laws:

Violation Codes, Fines, Rules & Regulations (http://www.ci.nyc.ny.us/html/dof/html/parking/park_tickets_violations.shtml - broken link)
LMAO True!
We got a ticket for parking in a Bus stup when the bus stop was clearly at the end of the block while we parked at the other end, in between two cars! Although the Fine was reduced, we were told that 'Unless otherwise noted, the ENTIRE BLOCK was a Bus Stop'. *sigh* The problem with NYC Tickets are the large amounts of Surcharges that get tacked on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City